Sunday, 8 June 2014

Tie dye 'Love' - tag

Hello!

One more post for today, as promised. I shared my two new exciting techniques using the same idea earlier on today. If you didn't get to read it then hop over HERE to read it so you know what I'm talking about. It's way too long to explain again.. swiftly explained, I tie dye my baby wipes and either apply them onto a cardstock to be used on cards or similar or make a transfer of my tie dye design onto a cardstock. Have a read, it's fun!
The background of this tag consists of the tie dyed baby wipe that was treated with the ink from the Big Brush pens. I adhered it to my cardstock/tag using a PVA glue and added some ultra-fine glitter to the top. As I explained in my last post, the surface can be stamped on so I went ahead and used my black Stazon with the Jumbo Trio butterfly by Stampendous. 

I added my handmade cheese cloth flowers, a glass heart, my handmade pin, the ribbons with the butterfly charm and some pearls. Of course, it needed some wording and I went with 'love' as I very much loved making this tag using my newly developed tie dye techniques :)


 



I like upcycling and reusing where possible and somehow I find it very satisfying when I give scraps new life in this way! I think I inherited my love for things that 'could come in handy one day' from my dear Grandma, bless her soul :) 

Make something pretty today! Crafting is healing and so much fun! :) 

I'd like to enter this tag into the following challenges: 

Virginia's View Challenge - Tag & Scrapling
Scribble & Scrap Blog - Anything Goes

Thank you for your time, hope you enjoyed it here! 

Best wishes, 

Ingrid xxx

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am liking this will have a read of your post looks very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I was amazed at your gorgeous inking for the background. But your cheese cloth flowers just blew me away, Ingrid! I adore your creation and am so glad that created a tag for this challenge. Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks, Virginia! I'm so pleased that you like my tag ;) Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...fabulous colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.