Friday, 13 June 2014

'Use 2 different dies' challenge - GDT post for Crafty Catz

Hello, Crafty friends!

This is my second week with the Crafty Catz and I'm loving it! The DT are a lovely bunch and they made some fabulous cards for this weeks challenge, don't forget to visit their blogs and leave some love for them (feel free to leave some here too:))! I'm a little late today with my post, because I burnt my whole hand last night and felt sorry for myself - I manage to pour a boiling pasta water all over it whilst trying to drain it - it was all swollen and red so instead of typing my post I spent last night cooling my hand and putting a cream for burns on it. It's not looking as scary now, but it is still red and sore. I have a project to work on though so I will craft on! :) 

Now for this week's fun challenge...

Nick, the DT for Crafty Catz, would like to see you using a 2 different dies in your project! This offers many creative opportunities so get stuck in and share your lovely makes with us via the Crafty Catz Challenge Blog. I can't wait to see your makes and will be selecting a few that catch my eye and those will get my comment for sure :)

The sponsor is the one and only...


A little bit about the Crafty Sentiments Designs:

"We are a small family run online company that offers crafters fun and whimsical unmounted rubber stamps, and digital stamps! We also offer cutting dies, all from our very own exclusive range. They are perfect for cards and scrapbooks!!
Our stamps are made of deeply etched grey rubber and our dies are made from good quality metal from USA and the UK. We also stock essential craft products for your scrapbook and card making needs.

We hope that you can pop by and visit us!"
... and their generous prize for the winner of this challenge is:

3 digi stamps of your choice!! 

My card:


 



I chose to use one of my artsy backgrounds for my card using my tie dye transfer technique created during my experimenting  with Dylusions. It is girly and glittery so I chose to use this cute little digi stamp called 'Kaye (spring time), coloured it in using my Spectrum Noir Markers and cut it out. I actually used three dies on this card - the 'Hello Friend' sentiment is by Cuttlebug (Friends Forever), the circle and the scallop circle by Crafts-Too for my focal image where I used a white cardstock and a piece of vellum as a background for my girl. The vellum allows the girl to stand out from the colourful background whilst allowing the colours to show through. It also balances the shininess of it so it's not OTT. The pink ruffled trim adds to the girly overall look of this card. This is another example of how you can bring an artsy background into the mix with a digi stamp. I made another card using a digi stamp by Crafty Sentiments (using 'Couples') with a similar background - see my You're Beary Special post which shows how else you can use their gorgeous digi stamps. 

I'd like to enter this card into the Inky Impressions Challenge - for the girls - and hope they will like it :)

I hope YOU, dear crafty friends, like the card. Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a comment below. I always like to hear from you! Also don't forget to visit our sponsor's website for a browse through their amazing images!

Have a great day and thank you for stopping by! 

All the best, 

Ingrid xxx 

6 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful background and sets off your image perfectly, pleased you are enjoying being on the CC team, have a good weekend
    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tilly! Thank you very much, I'm glad you like my little card. Thanks for taking time to visit too! Have a lovely weekend too! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch Ingrid i know how that feel's but it wasn't my hand it splash and went on top of my foot hope you hand is feeling better soon and i just love your card gorgeous colour's and just love the backgrounds you have made have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dianne! Thank you very much for joining me and for the lovely comment! I'm glad you like it. The hand is getting better, thank you, it is less red and luckily there aren't any blisters. My brother once poured boiling water over his foot too and he got a blister in size of a small ball!
    Have a lovely weekend too! Take care,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you did a fabulous job with the background, amazing look! Love the bold colors you have used. I looked around a little here and I have to admit you are a very talented crafter, I think I will come here more often for some inspiration. I am so glad you've joined us at Crafty Catz!
    Have a nice week!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna! Thank you so much! You're more than welcomed to browse around anytime! I love you work too! I plan to have a browse myself when I have more time! Take care! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.