Monday, 23 June 2014

Watercolour effect using Big Brush Pens

Hi! Me again! :)

As promised in my earlier post today I also want to show you a card that I have made using my Big Brush pens that have been sitting on a shelf for a while. Great shame, because they are amazing. Earlier on I showed you how to use them to create an artsy background and now I want to share another technique. This time I used them to create a watercolour look and a focal image, using the stunning Petals & Stems stamps by Avery Elle.

It's easy... just colour your stamp directly with a colour of your choice, mist with water and stamp onto a watercolour paper. As you are using a minimal amount of water it dries quite quickly so no need to blast the heck out of it with your heat gun. I also prefer to tape my card down onto a craft sheet to avoid any curling of my card. If you do decide to use this technique then know that Big Brush pens are permanent when dry so work quickly and clean your stamps immediately after use. After rounding the corners of my front panel I used the black marker to go over the edges which creates an illusion of another very very thin layer. This is a very effective way of adding a bit of black to match your stamped sentiment without going dimensional.




My card is very simple to replicate yet you will never get the same result twice due to the watercolour technique. I also decided to use a red card base as I am getting rather bored of white card bases. CAS don't have to be all white!!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog - I ought to use this more! (Big Brush Pens)
Less is More - Watercolour
That Crafty Place - Anything Goes

Once again, thank you for taking time to stop by and comment! Have a lovely week!

Best wishes,

Ingrid xxx

16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! Those colors are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Meihsia! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card - love the big brush effect!

    Kathyk
    GDTM Simply Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the details. I don't get around to checking your blog that often, but I'm going to try to visit more often. I have so much going on, but my happy place is creating and being among the other creators! I hear ya on the "white bases" I keep using White Card bases, but I'm going to challenge myself to use different colors. I'm just getting crafty again after being in a rut during January through March. Thanks for the inspiration on Instagram and here! I'm working on getting a blog going too (finally!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori! Thank you for stopping, it's nice to hear from you ;) I'm glad you find it inspiring, life's so much better with colour, don't you think?:) take care!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful watercoloring and fantastic vibrant colours
    Thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah! Thank you, I'm so glad you like it ;) Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great effect Ingrid! Beautiful blooms!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks, Chrissie! :) Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ingrid how pretty, lovely colours!
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Anne! :) ingrid x

      Delete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.