Thursday, 12 June 2014

You're Beary Special :)

Hello there!

What a glorious day! We were playing outside whilst the baby was having a snooze and I was teaching Isabella how to draw faces, animals, shapes, she wanted me to draw all kinds of fruit etc. We were using a chalk on our patio. It was a nice change from crayons or a paint. It was fun, but I did most of the drawing whilst Bella was bossing me around. In the end I manage to convince her to draw me a cat. And what a brilliant cat that was! She's going to be 3 this month and I really didn't expect that! Loook...!


She was telling me as she was drawing... a round head with two pointy ears, biiig eyes, nose, mouth, belly and a tail and then she got really upset saying she forgot the whiskers! :) She said it was all wrong so wanted to delete it... Self-critical already,  wonder who she gets it from... :)

I'm back with another card. This time I used a digital stamp created by Crafty Sentiments Designs. I added the two little hearts on the bears' bums and coloured them in with my Spectrum Noir markers. I added my clear Wink of Stella to the said hearts and cut them out.

The background was made using my tie dye transfer technique using Dylusions, a PVA glue and some ultra-fine white glitter. If you would like to know more about how I achieved this effect visit my previous posts (Tie Dye techniques for cardmaking, art & craft and Media Comparison for my Tie Dye Techniques).



The background reminded me of a sky when it gets all pink and blue and totally magical so I cut a piece of vellum in a shape of a hill and adhered and heat embossed (WOW!, white) my sentiment by Anita's over it. Once adhered I embellished it with tiny purple rhinestones. The tiny butterflies were a part of the stamp so I cut them out, coloured them in and adhered them with my Glossy Accents. The entire panel was attached to a white card base.




I really like how this card turned out. Now who said that artsy backgrounds don't go with digital stamps? :)

I'd like to enter this card into the Inky Impressions  challenge - for the girls (looks very girly to me! Pink, glitter, plenty of shiny rhinestones.. say no more...:)

I hope you like it. I am working on another project so stay tuned ;)

All the best,

Ingrid xxx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much, so are your crafty creations!! Ingrid x

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your sweet comment, Doreen! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.