Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Altered Mini Playing Card - week 27 & 28

Hello ans warm welcome to my new oh-so talented blog followers! Thank you for joining my little blog, I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

I don't know where the time goes! I get so busy my days just whip by and I just realised I completely forgot to post about my Altered Mini Playing Cards! In order to make it up to you I am going to share this week's one today as well. I might as well, right?:)

So here they are, my 1" x 2.5" wonders :)





The first one was covered in Gesso, then Dylusions and strips of cardstock used for another project. These strips had some Dylusions on them and looked very pretty so I decided to use them. Did I mention I am turning into a hoarder? Anyways, It was looking a bit too bright (not that it doesn't now, errr..) so I covered it in Gesso knowing the dylusions would show through anyway. I attached some dry wall tape, used my GlitzCraft glitter frosting paste in turquoise colour and played with my Cosmic Shimmer iridescent watercolour paints. When it was all dry I added some pretty sequins. I used a CD permanent pen to write onto the large sequin in the middle. I also stamped and added the sentiment and finished it all off with a bit of Glossy Accents.

The second one was Gessoed to cover up the chequered design on the back of the playing card and covered it in a tissue paper. This was coloured with my Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint in yellow, orange and a bit of red. I swiped my Memento Rose Bud ink pad over the surface to highlight the crinkles and sponged around the edges a bit. I also added a die cut (Cuttlbug, Damask die), coloured it the same way and adhered here and there. The dragonfly was stenciled in using GlitzCraft stencil and their black glitter frosting paste. I stamped and chopped up the sentiment and added some black outline. To finish it off I fiddled with the tiny little black rhinestones and adhered them with some Glossy Accents and added some to the top of my sentiment. Ta daaah!

I'd like to enter them a set into the following challenges:
Anything But a Card - #37 Anything Goes
Scribble & Scrap  - #22 Anything Goes

I hope you like them. Feel free to comment below. Thank you for stopping by!

All the best!

Ingrid xxx

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your wonderful ATCs, the colours are glorious! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,lovely zingy colours Ingrid. I do love your use of colours,nice,bright and happy!

    Hope you are okay,I replied to you a couple of days ago but you are a no reply blogger so probably didn't see it! If you fancy a little chat sometime,just view my profile and click on the email link then you should get any reply hopefully :)

    Hugs

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning altering of the playing cards, the colours and texture looks fantastic.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ingrid. Two fab projects. I'm learning to much from you ... and growing my wish list of supplies :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful Ingrid. I love the colours, gorgeous designs and such fabulous textures too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are amazing works of art. I love all the textures you were able to create :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects Ingrid! Love the burst of color and all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sensational beauties Ingrid, wow these are just so vibrant and inviting....love your style.xx
    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning texture Ingrid - real beauties and gorgeous colours too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always admire people making something I can't... or making it better than me LOL
    Fabulous cards, Ingrid, I especially love the first one, these bold colors just scream! Have a nice day!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous textures, color and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. The textures you got on both your playing cards is fabulous. the first one looks like a swish piece of abstract art. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card love the image & colours you have used.

    Thanks for joining us at scribble & scrap today

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bright Beautiful ATC's Ingrid... love them.. and I hope you do too.. they are proud to have made... love the details and the backgrounds... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both of these altered cards... so vibrant and full of gorgeous bits and pieces to look at. Thanks for sharing the processes too. thank you also for joining in at Anything But A Card. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.