Thursday, 10 July 2014

'Believe' - tag

Hi there! I hope you are all well?

Have you recovered from the dramatic colourful creation I posted about yesterday? No?! Ok, I have a softer version for you only this one is a tag. If you haven't seen my card yesterday then hop over HERE to check out my Va va voom mixed media style card.
I showed you how I make my flowers and I made the same one here only this time I used a vellum cardstock and gesso for highlighting the raised areas and sponged the edges lightly with the Victorian Velvet. I used a white feather and my swirls were made out of a book page stuck on a white card and sponged using the Pumice Stone Distress Ink.

I really like moths, I think they get overlooked, so I decided to use one. It is cut out of the Madame Payraud's tissue paper by Docrafts and adhered to a white card using a matte gel by Pebeo and sponged using the Gathered Twigs & Pumice Stone Distress Inks.
I wanted my background to be quite soft looking. I used my Recollections stamp set (Formal Esque) and embossed the images using my white WOW! embossing powder, sponged the background using the Victorian Velvet, Pumice stone and a tiny dash of the Gathered Twigs over it to create emboss resist, splattered water, distressed the edges and stamped using my Prima script stamp for extra texture. I layered pieces of a sponged book paper and a frayed burlap with some burlap strings under my rose too.
My ribbon was died using the Victorian Velvet and the Pumice Stone. I added some embellishments and was done.
Then I took some wonderful photos and managed to edit and safe one when a disaster stroke!!! I broke my SD card reader!!!! So I have one photo, the detailed one, which is really nice and then the picture of the actual tag which I had to take with my ancient Blackberry which is totally c**p!!! I promise to replace it as soon as my new card reader arrives, it should be here by Monday! I'm so gutted you can't see it in all its beauty.. the colours.. the crisp lines... oh well..EDITED: the card reader has arrived so I have replaced the ugly pic for some better ones ;) 









I hope you like it despite the bad photo.
I would like to enter this tag into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog  - Lets be clear
Our Creative Corner - Handmade flower & Hand Dyed Ribbon
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Flowers
Craft Stamper Magazine  - Take It Make It July - Emboss Resist

Thank you for taking time to stop by, comment and I hope to be back soon with a new crafty project and hopefully better photos! I'm off to the hospital now so won't be able to reply to your recent comments, but will be in touch tonight! Have a nice day!

Ingrid xxx

29 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Ingrid, wow you are making some truly fantastic bits of art. The moth really looks real,stunning!

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous tag,love this.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering your SD card broke this is one stunning photo/s....equally stunning tag, you are indeed one fantastic creator.xxx.♥aNNieThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ingrid, another beautiful creation. loving the soft shades.
    Avril x
    p.s. Thanks for sharing with us at FSC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work, love this flower, looks beautiful and gives such a great contrast. Have a nice day!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, soft, vintage looking tag! I love the way you used the embossed resist technique in the background. Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful Ingrid - sounds like you've been having fun with your SD card reader - hope the replacement comes soon but your picture is fab anyway xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. I am learning lots from you :) LOVE the colors of this ... the soft pink with the browns are an amazing combination. And your vellum flower is so soft and delicate. Love the the special embellishments you've added to create this work of art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful triumph Ingrid! I love moths and butterflies and I really love this beautiful creation. So sorry about your card reader, but honestly the photos are still beautiful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Ingrid. The soft colours are so pretty, the moth is beautiful and your attention to detail is wonderful.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tag, wonderful details. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Yvonne/Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG Ingrid, this tag is stunning! So beautiful! <3!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Ingrid and such beautiful colours! Love the moth against the flower, a really beautiful tag and thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful tag Ingrid, a gorgeous stamped and embossed background with stunning elements, especially love the ribbon and fabulous butterfly!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, Ladies! Thank you all for your sweet comments! I'm so glad you like my tag! I have received my SD card reader in a post today so was able to add some nice photos. I hope you like them! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the colours they are so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Ingrid this is incredibly beautiful, oh my word it is like looking at a piece of heaven, stunning.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful tag with a lovely vintage touch, thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning Tag, beautiful colortones and I love the contrast of the moth against the flower!
    Groetjes Karin (OCC)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous! The background is beautiful as are all the little extras. I really like the twirly book page bits. How did you do that? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the info and the sweet comments on my blog, Ingrid! ;)

      Delete
  21. Gorgeous tag Ingrid, so many pretty details to look at and I love the softness of the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really stunning! Love the textures and layers! Thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful tag, love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tag, even if it does have a moth on it! Thanks so much for playing again with Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning tag with gorgeous layers, lovely sample of the technique!
    So happy you joined us over at the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful colours combo Ingrid, love all the details! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge this month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a beautiful tag! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Our Creative Corner! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.