Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Cardmaking & Papercraft Blog feature - My Tie Dye Transfer Technique!



Hello, Crafty Friends!

I have news!!! Exciting and fun news!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to visit the amazing and full-of-inspiration Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine Blog that currently feature a blog post about my Tie Dye Transfer Technique that I recently developed. At the same time I would like to thank to Nikki and her team at Cardmaking & Papercraft for this wonderful online feature. Big thank you!!!

I was very excited to share my techniques and some examples of how these beautiful backgrounds can be used via a few of my blog posts recently. You can find them all HERE. I couldn't help myself and just had to spread the word so that more of you, talented crafty souls, can join the fun! It is such an easy, fun and low cost technique with amazing artsy effects that I think it deserves all attention it can get. So when the Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine Blog agreed to publish about my technique and jumped at this opportunity with great joy! I made a few cards to show you all what the cards might look like. Here are some examples...



The card above was made using 4 Dylusions sprays - Pink Fuchsia, Pure Sunshine, Calypso Teal & Cherry Pie using a dry baby wipe, a rubber band, white cardstock & a water spray... it's that easy!!! 



I used Pure Sunshine, Cherry Pie & Pink Fuchsia on this one. The white fower was made by dry embossing a vellum with my Damask, Cuttlebug folder and running a bit of Gesso over it. I sketched a 6-leaf flower on a piece of card which I then used as a guide to make 6 layers for my flower reducing the number of petals and hot gluing them together... simple! 



Here's an example of more of a simple and cleaner card. I tried to keep the sentiment and embellishments to minimum so that the beautiful background would speak for itself. The background itself was made with Pink Fuchsia and Calypso Teal Dylusions. Pretty, right? :) 

What do you think? These are only a few examples... the possibilities, however, are endless! You can make these backgrounds for any project, you can stamp on it, die cut it, heat or dry emboss it...whatever your heart desires. There are a few rules working with this particular medium, i.e. you have to keep in mind that it is water-soluble, but there are wonderful alternatives that also work. You will find all details in my previous blog posts on this subject. The Cardmaking and Papercraft blog post describes exactly how these backgrounds were made so have a good read and get inking! 

I would very much love to see your creations using this technique (I'm unnaturally curious!:) so please feel free to pop back here and share them with me! If you decide to share your masterpieces using this technique with the world it would be very much appreciated if you cou
ld mention this blog so that I get to find more crafty friends in the blog land :) Also, if you are feeling inspired then please hit the 'join with Google' button so that we can become blog friends and so that I can bring you more exciting crafty goodness. 

Thank you for stopping by! I hope to see you again! 

All the best, 

Ingrid xxx 

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your on-line feature with Cardmaking & Papercraft. Cardmaking and Papercraft is a favourite of mine so I will check this out. Also thank you for the lovely comment on my blog - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you Ingrid, I thought this was such a clever idea when I first saw it on your blog. I will happily have a go at this myself and link back to you. So pleased for you, onwards and upwards then!

    Hope you are okay

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments. Just been browsing and you have some fabulous projects, I have pressed the 'follow' button so that I can come visit again.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are never going to believe this....I have been wanting to do tie-dyed paper for weeks, but I haven't been able to figure out how. I am SO excited! Thank you for sharing your technique. I can't wait to try this.
    I'll let you know how it turns out. :)
    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning my friend, I just read your email and your little bit in the mag, you are so clever and now a super star..I think we get this mag over here in Australia so will keep an eye out for it...then I can brag to my friends that I know you... thanks also for the hints you gave me and gosh I am eager to play but today and tomorrow are not play days for me, they are busy days....keeping in touch...lots a hugs....♥aNNie


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats for you. It's a fab technique and deserves to be shared! We need to work out a date for this dash!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ingrid, firstly, many congratulations on being published, that must be such a lovely feeling! I have a peek through your blog and I can see why you were chosen, your work is so beautiful. I would also like to thank you for visiting me and for leaving such a wonderful comment, you really did make my day - thank you! I am now following you too. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool technique! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the sweet comments! I'm glad you like the technique ;). Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh... how good that Donna shows us this link today Ingrid.. I am totally in LOVE with your techique - missed this post ---- think I have to give it a go...
    fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.