Monday, 28 July 2014

CAS card with DIY airbrush



Good morning!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend to the full!

I think both, you and and I, need a little bit of something clean and simple to get over the shock of my Fantasy Woodland Flowers, the heavy textured mixed media artwork. I decided to make a clean and simple card using an airbrushing technique. Well, the problem is I don't have an airbrushing tool. The good thing is that you folks are so crafty and smart that you come up with extraordinary solutions when you want to get something done. I admire that and am indifferent myself. This time it wasn't my crafty idea...

I recently visited my crafty friend's amazing blog - Claire's Crafty Creations - and seen her amazing project using airbrushing. I was so impressed with the way this was done I had to try it. Claire and her team mates at Graph' It used an old biro with a marker to create the airbrushing effect! This is ingenious!! I never used this technique before, but you know me, I like to experiment so I got my Spectrum Noirs and some TCW stencils (used Mini Mums for this card) and tested and blew and blew... whoah! What a head spinner :) hehe! My eye balls nearly popped out and I was laughing all the way because of that, but it is totally worth it! Look at the soft effect...



I think this is one elegant card and I will most likely give the airbrushing a go again... it really is easy so try it! If you have any questions on how to then feel free to contact me. The sentiment was stamped using my black Stazon & the Papermania sentiment from the Chronology set. I love the typewriter style sentiments on this set. The marker was CR6.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Graph' It Colour Challenge - Hot colours /airbrushing
"Less is More" - Anything Goes

I hope you like it! I will be back with something more artsy next, I think. You know I like to mix it up! Why to stick to one area when there are so many to explore!

Thank you for your visit! Have a great day!

Ingrid xxx

17 comments:

  1. Ooh what a lovely soft card Ingrid and what a brilliant idea you have shared! Going to try that,not sure I have enough 'puff' to do it though!

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Ingrid you are funny, I can just picture you huffing and puffing and blowing like mad to get the effect you wanted....awesome result I must say but I have the biggest smile on my face just picturing you...not good if you have vertigo though.xxx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic technique and you used it brilliantly! Love the colour, so soft, yet bright and summery! Good luck with your challenge. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingrid, I use waxed cooking paper in between my paper and die for the really intricate dies like that bow but I also purchased on line a box of COUTURE creations Quick release die Paper which is also great but almost the same as the cooking paper. It is cheap and excellent to use. Also takes the inside bits out easier...see how you go and let me know...am off ot bed now it's midnight and I will turn into a pumpkin if I don't get an earlier night sleep.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing design Ingrid.. clever idea.. have to try this out-- I bought some very cheap blowpens for kids recently in an EURO Store but not enough colors in that set...maybe I will buy a spritzer tool once...
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7MPGaKd2E8)
    because I really have a great stash of different markers here and I are not a friend of spraypaints and mists .. they are a bit to messy for my taste and the nozzles always clog.. that's driving me crazy .. just the selfmade sprays with acrylic colors don't clog the nozzles.. but this mixing and putting in spritzbottles is also not my cup of tea.

    Happy new week!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply a fab card, love your homemade airbrush idea. Produces a fab & delicate effect !! I have become a follower as you have some brilliant things on your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the soft elegance of your beautiful card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Ingrid, I think CAS cards are more difficult to make. You made my day with your description of how you've made that LOL Please, don't faint while making another one!
    Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing technique Ingrid and your card is gorgeous, definitely worth all that blowing! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ingrid! I like very much this card, is simple but very very elegant, I think that this kind of works are most dificult. Thanks for visiting my blog xx Dafne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful effect!
    Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful CAS card Ingrid ... love your "airbrushing" ... so soft and subtle. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card and I'm so glad that you tried the airbrushing technique. Thanks for joining the Graph'It marker hot colours with an optional extra of airbrushing challenge. Good luck. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ingrid, so glad you liked this technique, your cards are fab! Love the effect you've achieved, it looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at Graph'It colouring challenge this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry this comment is so late, but I was on holiday in Spain last week and wifi was a little limited and slow!
    This is really pretty
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.