Friday, 25 July 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge - Anything Goes & my Altered Sewing Box




Hello!
I hope you are all doing well?

Firstly, warm welcome to my new oh-so talented followers! I'm so happy that you joined me! I hope you will enjoy my future posts, feel free to have a browse around in the meantime! I'll certainly be visiting your lovely blogs as they are full of amazing creations! Also, big to my blog buddies, you inspire me and make me smile every day, thank you!

It's Friday and time for a new challenge over at Crafty Catz! Our lovely Carol has chosen 'Anything Goes' theme for this week and we are so lucky to have not one, but three sponsors for this week:


South African crafters are new to the digital stamping world, with the first South African online digital image store launched in 2010 – Digistamps4Joy (or DS4J)http://www.digistamps4joy.co.za/eshop/. In May 2012, Margy Kieser took over ownership of DS4J, and there are now two South African artists who contribute to the more than 500 images available. Margy has taken the store to new heights and the store now stocks digis that are cute, whimsical, artistic, sometimes serious, and sometimes humorous. In addition, one of our own South African rubber stamp companies granted us permission for one range of rubber stamps to be converted into digistamp images. The store has PAYPAL, PAYFAST (South African) and EFT (South African) facilities. Digistamps4Joy offers a monthly freebie on the first Friday of every month, and holds regular bi-weekly card challenges that draw entries from many international card makers.
PRIZE 5 DIGI IMAGES OF WINNERS CHOICE

2ND SPONSOR.....
YOU WILL WIN A SUPRISE GIFT FROM MARIANNE DESIGNS

3RD SPONSOR IS

Craft Classes Online (CCO) brings multiple Creative Arts Instructors together on one site to provide students with the best choice in online craft workshops. Classes are advertised on the CCO website, but are paid for and held on individual instructor's blog/website. This enable instructors to have more freedom and flexibility in their independent businesses. 
Our instructors offer online workshops that are engaging, affordable, and time-saving. Students from across the globe can learn any number of techniques and creative projects from the comfort of their own home and on their schedule. 
In September we will relaunch our blog, My Creative Life 2014, where we issue challenges to help us use all of our craft supplies during the year.
We are excited to be sponsoring Crafty Catz Blog. You can view our class list on our website at www.CraftClassesOnline.com. We are bringing in more instructors throughout the fall, so check back often. Sign up for our newsletter. Visit us on our Facebook page, too! One lucky winner will receive a free seat to a Workshop class valued at $25 or less. Good Luck!

My creation for this week:  'Altered Sewing Box'


AFTER: 







The whole box was slightly brushed with Gesso and white acrylic paint, the top of the box was covered in it a few times to get rid of the 'lovely' brown chequered look surface, I added some Picket Fence Crackle paint by Tim Holtz and let it all dry and crack. I also stenciled some Liquitex Modeling paste on the sides using my script stencil by The Crafters Workshop. In the end I added a slight hint of colour using the Victorian Velvet and Pumice Stone Distress Inks, some silver glitter paste by GlitzCraft for accents and my handmade linen flowers with a couple of sewing charms in silver colour. The flowers are easy to make - just rip a strip of your old white linen trousers :) fold half lengthwise so you get the frayed parts together, roll the lot, ink the frayed part, unroll and then twist each end in different direction to crate a spiral, then twist it around on your craft sheet until you get a circular flower. This is the point where you need to put a bit of hot glue to the bottom of the flower and attach it to your craft sheet. When it cools down you can peel it off and add it to your project. Simple! I decorated mine with some white buttons and pearls. I also added a couple of white pear pins. 
I hope you like it. I didn't want to use any die cuts or other flimsy materials as I will be using this for storing my little bits and bobs. 
The challenge this week is opened to any ideas so get started and don't forget to show us what you've made. Link it up! I look forward to seeing your creations every week and can't wait to see them this week! 

I am working on a something a little different right now and hopefully I'll be able to share it with you soon! Have a lovely day! 

Thank you for stopping by! 

Ingrid xxx 

14 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely Ingrid,wow you are busy creating so many different forms of medium now,love this,super cute.

    Congrats on your win over at craft stamper too Ingrid,nice to know a superstar ;)

    Have a great weekend

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and beautiful box Ingrid just love what you have used have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, Ingrid, what a transformation, love your box and all the elements used
    have a good weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your box and that linen flower is soooo cute! Waiting to see your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ingrid this is stunning, I just love seeing your creativity at work, have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Such an amazing transformation. I love the delicate colours and such stunning detailing too.
    I am always so inspired when I visit your blog!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning alteration, beautiful details and lovely colour tones.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quite liked the 'before' but have to admit, the 'after' looks amazing! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Ingrid this is stunning, wow, what a transformation and so beautiful.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely box, and now I can see what your linen trousers were for LOL I need to try that flower, it seems quite simple and the effect is stunning. It really looks much better 'after' than 'before', a beautiful makeover.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this is awesome only problem I have is my linen trousers are fairly new but am loving the idea great idea and detail love the charms and the transformation. I awalys forget to do a before picture. Have a great weekend and the inspiration to get some gesso have the sparkle one and love it now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. I just finished my own little box, but mine is just plain square. I really love the shape of this one and your crackle texture worked out perfect! So lovely. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Ingrid, so pretty....
    Congrats are also sent for your Magazine mention again, your becoming really famous....lol..xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty transformation, lovely shabby chic feel and the flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.