Friday, 11 July 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: 'Flowers'

Hello, crafty souls!

I hope you are ready for the next challenge! Thank you for joining in the last one that was all about strips and stars. The participants' creations were amazing! This week's challenge is:

FLOWERS


generously sponsored by 


PRIZE......3 IMAGES OF WINNERS CHOICE
 
&



Either a £20 worth of goodies
or a £20 voucher to spend in our online store.

My card: 


I chose to use the 'Basket of Love' image by Rick St Dennis on this week's card. If you've been following my blog you know that my cardmaking style is either clean and simple with bold features or mixed media style. I don't use many pattern papers (I have so many though..) or 'busy' or coloured images very often and I think it's a real shame because there are so many gorgeous ones out there. My brain just doesn't get it. I love it when I see it and I admire other crater's beautifully layered cards and their ability to do so, but when I try to do it myself my brain goes on strike or something. So I decided to work on my layering skills and challenge myself a little and went ahead with a simple card using soft pastel colours and dry embossing. I still can't do 'busy' :) I had a comment recently from a blogging buddy and it said sort of 'I can't do what you do and I can't do it as well' type of thing. It struck me like a lightening. I admire that persons creations and truly love them! I would like to say that we all have different abilities, different styles and tastes and have tendency to compare our creations to others. This is the point we should all remember that there's always going to be something that you or I can't do that others can and there will be the moments you see someone's work and think to yourself  'aah, I wish I thought of that or made that!' (I do that a lot), but that doesn't mean that yours or my creations are not great! It's important to remain positive about your work and not criticize yourself too much as it doesn't encourage you to create. Just imagine, if everyone's creations were the same it would be a very boring arts and crafts world. It's important to remember that your creations are unique to you and certainly are admired and appreciated by others not only for the look of it, but also for the amount of effort put into it. So here I am, showcasing what I CAN'T do rather than what I CAN do as a reminder that we do not have to create masterpieces, we create for the LOVE OF IT! 

My card is simple. I added a doily, a white satin ribbon with a big bow, a bit of glitter glue to the hearts, a label style sentiment and a few pearls as well as my coloured in image. I think it's good to challenge ourselves now and then as it not only stretches our creativity to the max, but also opens new doors if we do succeed/find a new niche. So go ahead, try something new today too and join the challenge! We all love flowers, right? :) I hope you have fun with this one! 

Have a lovely week and I'll be back soon! Thank you for stopping by! 

Ingrid xxx 

13 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid,thank you so much for your comment re different abilities. That is such a thoughtful and helpful way to look at things. We are all different and you are right,it's easy to be hard on yourself and think everyone else is making something better then you. I follow a million and one blogs because I appreciate how many different styles are out there and they all provide inspiration in their own way :)

    Hope you have a lovely weekend

    Oh nearly forgot,your card is lovely :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and beautiful card Ingrid love the colour's and fabulous design have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, love the enchanting additional beauties and the gorgeous colour combination. I just purchased two of his images yesterday...now I can use them.xxx
    ♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely card Ingrid - lovely image and great colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,fabulous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous Ingrid. I love the image, beautiful colours and the embossing looks fabulous.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ingrid, Love your card,so pretty, love the colours and design...
    Hope your enjoying the week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you Ingrid, my brain doesn't get it either and I too, have loads of patterned paper... sigh.

    Your card is beautiful, I love the gorgeous colours, the design is lovely and the extravagant bow is the perfect finishing touch. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I quite agree with us all seeing and liking other folks projects. its good that we are all so different.
    Your card looks beautiful the trimmings set off the flower basket so well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ingrid what a beautiful, colourful card those flowers look superb the colours you have used along with the ribbon look truly wonderful, this is such a joyous card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Ingrid, love the embossed background, you also summed it up wonderfully about individual styles and not being able to 'do' what we so admire in others, if we all were the same wouldn't it be boring, have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. a lovely card in those nice bright colours, have a good week
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your thoughts, Ingrid, and yes, this is me, still not believing in myself that I am good enough in what I'm doing... Anyway I think this is what makes me wanna try more and harder LOL As a former ballroom dance contestant I am used to try and try and try until it's done! And so my cardmaking hobby is.
    I love the bold colors on your card, it's so eyecatching. And this big bow gives a special taste to this creation. Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.