Friday, 18 July 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: Hot Summer &/or hot colours

Hi there!

Another challenge! Wow, the week has gone by fast! Thank you all who participated in the last challenge 'Flowers'. What a beautiful bunch of creations you have entered!

Anna, our talented DTM, has chosen a lovely theme - Hot Summer &/or hot colours. Very fitting for July and our sunny UK right now!

The challenge is sponsored by...


and the prize is...


My creation:

 



As you have noticed I went wild with the latter - hot colours! I fancied making something different than a card too so found a greyboard in my stash and adhered some tissue paper to it using my gel medium. I used my white gesso to cover the whole piece and used Distress Inks to add colour (Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade & Barn Door) and heat embossed the whole piece whilst the inks were still wet. I made a few stencils out of some acetate sheet the other day and decided to use one of them on this piece. This is just a free-handed whimsical flower. As my whole background was now covered in plastic due to the clear embossing and acrylics don't stick to plastic I decided to use my black Stazon to sponge the design onto my piece. I also used it with my Tim Holtz stamps to stamp over it here and there. The sentiment was stamped on a piece of an acetate sheet, cut out, edges sponged and added to my base using black brads. I wanted to create loads of texture, but not so much dimension. I think it worked! This is a really fun futuristic plastic fantastic piece and I had great fun making it! I hope you like it and get inspired to try something different and eccentric and explore new techniques! 

Whatever you decide to create for the challenge just make sure you follow the rules and don't forget to visit our sponsor's and our DT's gorgeous blogs and leave them some love! Most of all... don't forget to have FUN! 

I'm entering this piece into the Country View Challenges - Stencil It! and hope they like it ;) I promise, this is the last one :) 

Thank you for stopping by! Bye for now! 

Ingrid xx  

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ingrid just love the colour's and fabulous style and design have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the warm colours and the design of your car, have a good weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful HOT colours Ingrid love seeing your wonders of the art world, don't stop...
    hugs, aNNie xxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation Ingrid and I just adore the colour, makes the image really pop...
    Have a lovely week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for greyboard,love the stuff! I can't get over how perfect your stencils are Ingrid,they really look as good as all the shop bought ones out there,you are very clever :)

    Have a lovely weekend,hopefully a nice and crafty weekend eh

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi just popped to say what fab card and perfect for this weeks challenge have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo this is gorgeous Ingrid - loving the hot colours and the texture xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Ingrid. The colours and textures look wonderful.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Ingrid, you certainly made use of those wonderful 'hot' colours on your beautiful piece, loving all that texture too and the silhouette flowers are beautiful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You done a great job with this mixed media art project. Perfect hot colours!

    Hope you´ll have a great weekend!
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello....ooh wonderful summer colours here, looks fab, have a good weekend, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic hot colours. Wonderful textures, image and details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Ingrid, you shows beautiful works on your site!
    I would like to invite you to my creative side:
    http://www.hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.eu/en/
    Please leave me a message on my shop, it makes me very happy!
    Have fun looking. Many Greetings from Marina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous hot colours and great texture, and the bold black flower looks great against it all.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this texture, Ingrid, and these colors are 'hell hot' (I believe this is the color of hell, if it exists) LOL. Fabulous inspiration project for this challenge! Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Ingrid,
    Great stencil on this project,, you have created drama by using a strong palette; it looks wonderful. thanks so much for joining us this month at CV.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Ingrid! This is a wonderful piece of art, I love he texture you achieved, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your project for this weeks challenge. Sorry I'm late visiting! hope your week's going well x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.