Friday, 4 July 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge - 'Stripes & Stars'

Hey there!

What a crazy week it has been so far! Chloe' started crawling only a couple of weeks ago or so, three days later she was standing and now she traces around furniture... wow! She's a speedy one! She loves chasing after her three year old sister Isabella now and the cheeky cheeks thinks it's hilarious! We did had today though... she was holding onto the door and her little hand slipped falling onto her cheek, the poor thing! Yep, first bruise! I will never get used to this! I would take the pain away if I could! Bless her, she's growing so fast now!

The week has gone past so quickly again! I feel like I haven't done much crafting in the last few days. Both girls have a cold so are awfully demanding at the moment! Every time I think to myself...'ah, now's my time!'.. it really is not.. but here we are again with the next Crafty Catz challenge. This time the lovely Aunty Sue  would like you to use 'Stars & Stripes' on your project. How clever! I can't wait to see what you'll make ;)

The sponsor for this week's challenge is...


...and the fabulous prize is... 
7 images of winner's choice!

My card:



I distressed the heck out of this card! I had a great fun making this card. I used a couple of pattern papers, one pink stripy one for matting under my front panel and one green with white stars which is under all my burlap and gauze layers. The front panel was made with a white cardstock and a pattern paper. All of my layers were sponged with the Walnut Distress Ink by Tim Holtz, splattered with water, the edges were distressed with my scissors and corners curled, I also tore it on the left hand side... as you can see there was a lot of abuse going on :) Did I mention that I find crafting therapeutic? I do... Did he leave his socks on the bathroom floor again?! Bam!! Take it out on a cardstock... :) It works! Hehe...
I wanted to reveal the cool stripy paper so it is now peeking through my cut out stars and the tears too.
The cute bear was coloured using my Big Brush pens by scribbling on a craft sheet first and picking up the ink with a wet brush using it as a watercolour. I wanted a soft look. When he was finally dry I sponged him too :)
I added some mulberry flowers in pink, some burlap twine and a couple of green brads to finish the look. There it is! My stary stripy beary grungy card! I hope you like it! :)

Now hurry to check out the wonderful inspiration from the wonderful DT! There's a lovely new GDT Cindy that has joined our team too so don't forget to show her some love too!

Thank you very much for visiting! I will be back soon with another crafty project so keep an eye out!

Have a great day!

Ingrid xx

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute image beautifully coloured and designed thanks for producing such a fab project this week have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card Ingrid,I love the depth to it.....
    Hope your little one is OK...
    Have a good week-end.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ingrid,hope you are okay? Wow sounds like you have your hands full there,when kiddies start to crawl you never get a moments peace!

    Love the card and your distressed look has been done beautifully,you do make some lovely stuff :)

    Hope you have a great weekend

    Big hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ingrid love the design and distressing have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this gorgeous creation, colours are just beautiful...xx
    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super! Love the vintage feel to it with the folded corner, distressed edges. Fantastic work with all those different textures! And the little peg and star - how cute isn´t that?

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card this week, the vintage feel is just too darn cute with the image you settled on. Hope you're having a great week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Gorgeous card Ingrid, love the distressed and natural feel to this, hope your having a great week xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.