Sunday, 6 July 2014

Friends Forever



Good morning!

It's been a lovely weekend so far. I hope you're all having a good one too? I'd like to welcome my new blog buddies and say hello to all of you amazingly talented people. I see your creations popping up in my feed again.. I feel like a sponge some days.. just sucking in all the creative goodness and I can't seem to get enough so keep them coming! I couldn't let you starve though so I am here with a card.

I have so many gorgeous backgrounds created using my Tie Dye Transfer technique, I don't know what to do with them all. So before you get totally sick of it I want to show you one more card...


I made this card for a very special reason, that being a Craft Stamper Magazine DT Call and hope with all my might that they like it. I have sent the lovely team an email with three samples of my work, as required, and now I have to wait. If this doesn't work out I'm going to sulk for whole ten minutes! It would be amazing though so keep your crafty fingers crossed for me ;)

The background is a secondary transfer, meaning it was a second use of my tie dyed wipe using Dylusions. This is why the background is less detailed and more blurred, but the spiral still visible. I stamped my Jumbo Butterflies (Stampendous) using water onto this background and went over the images with my white Signo pen. I love the way it made it stand out! I die cut the sentiment 3x in white and 1x in black and layered on top of each other, offsetting the last black layer. To finish the front panel I added a silver string, rounded the corners with my Fiskars 2 - 1 wonder, used my black Big Brush pen to go around the edges to create a thin line/edge and adhered a few sequins with my Glossy Accents. The front panel was adhered to a white base. Here's the card in all its beauty...


It reminds me of a sunny sky, when you look into the sun and get a bit blinded, with the butterflies flying up and the sequins giving the extra sparkle. I wanted to make this card look quite dreamy and pretty and think it worked. What do you think? :)

I would like to enter this card into the The Mixed Media Card Challenge (Touch of nature).

Have a lovely day!

Ingrid xxx

15 comments:

  1. Wow Ingrid a gorgeous and beautiful card love the back ground gorgeous colour's and Good Luck with the DT call
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is stunning Ingird. The background colours are gorgeous . I love the delicate butterflies, the way you have outlined them in white pen looks so effective and the added sequins look so pretty.
    Good Luck with the DT call, you would be such a great asset to the team.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh your work is so beautiful and loving your butterflies and just everything looks so perfect and gorgeous...xx


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, good luck with the DT call, I too think you would be a great asset to the team.

    Your card is stunning, I love the warm colours and the softness of the beautiful butterfly wings. The sentiment makes a big impact but does not detract from the wonderful background. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ingrid,this is beyond stunning! It's so vibrant and alive.

    I have my fingers crossed for your DT chances,once they see your work they will love you Ingrid :)

    Extra big hugs

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, Ladies! I'm so glad you like my butterfly card! I was just thinking to myself how nice it would be to be one... Think about it... you're born, you do nothing but eat all your life, you sleep in a cozy cocoon for a long time and then you wake up absolutely gorgeous and get to fly from flower to flower... what's not to love?! :)
    All the best! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ingrid I wanted to thank you for popping by and leaving me such a wonderful comment I also wanted to tell you that this amazing creation is beautiful the tie die effect is awesome so are the butterflies a top notch work of art.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ingrid. Good luck with the DT call. This card is amazing. I LOVE your tie-dye transfer technique and will have to give it a try. So beautiful, especially in the colors for this card ... and perfect for the backdrop for your gorgeous butterflies. The string and sequins add sparkle and shine. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dreamy and pretty... it definitely worked. The first thing that caught my eye in the gallery was that super bright spot of violet in the center - just drew my eye in. Your bleached butterflies are so subtle but so beautiful. I must check out your tie dye technique. Thanks so much for hooking this beauty up to the first MMCC. And good luck with the DT call. I'd take ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your water stamping is fabulous on your vibrant colored background! Such a great combination with your tie die transfer. Thanks for playing in our 1st Mixed Media card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning butterflies Ingrid! So glad you played along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning creation! Love the vibrant colors and dreamy look of this card :) Thank you for sharing with MMCC !

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah, such a beautiful card ! lovely, lovely take on the challenge and a great technique! thanks for playing along with us at the MMCC blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so amazing! I love the colours, so bright and cheery. The butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful background you created with the tie-dye technique. Stamping the butterflies using water and then tracing with a white pen took this card from beautiful to stunning, IMO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.