Monday, 14 July 2014

Hello!




Hello and warm welcome to my new blog buddies!

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend? I got to spend a nice weekend with my little family and it was lovely! The weather was so lovely we got the bouncy castle out so the girls could have a bit of fun outside and I got to catch up with my other half after his trip to France. It's good to have him back ;) There was a happiness overload when girls saw him upon his return. It's so lovely to see them bonding like that. Aaah... :) I know you didn't get any posts from me, but I wasn't slacking ;) In fact, I made three items this weekend. I will post about them all separately otherwise it would be a very long post.


Here's my card...


Supplies used: Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed & Spiced Marmalade), gesso, white WOW! embossing powder, VersaMark ink, Tim Holtz stamps (French Memories), my handmade stencil, white cardstock, dry wall tape, hot glue, embellishment on a silver string.
How: I started by applying a thin layer of Gesso over my leafy stencil (I free handed a leafy branch on a piece of an acetate sheet and cut it out) and dried it. Then I stamped with the VersaMark Ink & heat embossed in white so I could create an emboss resist with my inks. I adhered my panel to the white card base, added my dry wall tape and adhered my handwritten hot glue sentiment with my Glossy Accents. I used my hot glue gun to write onto my craft sheet and peeled it off when dry. I tied my butterfly on a string around the letter 'O' and secured it to the card.
I wanted to keep this quite simple to showcase the gorgeous colourful background and the unique hot glue sentiment. The colours combo is inspired by the Lawnscaping Challenge - yellow, orange & turquoise. I know the challenge is ending, but I will enter it anyway ;) I love this colour combination. It's so summery and fresh! I also used two resist techniques in one as I knew the contrast in both would be slightly different which creates an amazing effect. The faint leaf with a bright white embossing... it's pretty, would you agree?

Feel free to let me know your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you.

I would like to enter this card into a few other challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog  - Let's Be Clear
Craft Stamper Magazine - Take It Make It July (Emboss Resist)
That's Crafty - Masks, Stencils & Templates

Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget to check out my next posts! I have some exciting news too! :)

All the best,

Ingrid xxx

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Ingrid fabulous colour's and design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh again I am overwhelmed....with your sentiment did you use the glossy accent then dry with the heat gun...I had read somewhere you can use your glue gun to do similar and make stencils as well. Gosh I love these colours and look forward to your other two cards.
    Love reading about your gorgeous family....xx
    aNNie x\♥ The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie! Thank you so much! The sentiment is written with the use of a hot glue gun. I have clarified it in my post. It was then adhered with glossy accents. Yes, you can make stencils with hot glue or oven texture boards for a gelli plate art. You can make a shape or white something, then lay this onto your art journal page or similar and spray over it. It works as a mask. I thought it would be fun to make a see-through sentiment out of it :)
      I'm glad you like it! I'll hop over to your blog shortly.
      Ingrid xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is STUNNING! What an amazing background you created! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Ingrid,love the hot glue word,so perfectly done! Gorgeous colours as well,really summery

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ingrid, I love how you did the sentiment, that is one fabulous technique that I really must try! Love your card, the colours are gorgeous. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that hot glue technique is amazing! What a bright summery card, good use of the embossed resist technique too. Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Ingrid! I adore the mix of background colors, looks so fab! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ingrid what a beautiful, colourful, happy card such a wonderful design it looks so textured, lovely creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card! I really love the colors! Thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Ingrid! Love the bright and bold colors ... and all the layers of your background. Amazing idea to use hot glue to write your sentiment. Always learning and always inspired when I visit your blog! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!! Love the distressing
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Ingrid the colours are beautiful, thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card .... vibrant colours and so much detail in the background. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that background and your clever sentiment! Thanks for playing along again at Take It Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love the colours, so fresh x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly stunning every single detail, love it!
    So happy you joined us over at the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore those colours, simply stunning! The glue gun sentiment is wonderful! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge this month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card such a striking choice of colours.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.