Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Moroccan Dreams



Hey!

How are you all doing? What a glorious weather we had today! So hot! Just lovely...!

I fancied making something equally hot looking so I decided to have a rummage through my stash and pulled out a few of my tie dye backgrounds. If you are a newbie and have no idea what 'my tie dye' technique is then hop over here, have a browse and a good read. You might like to try the technique ;)
Anyway, so I chose a nice pink, yellow and orange mixed background made with Dylusions, nice and bright colours, dry embossed it using the 'Moroccan Night' embossing folder and sponged the raised areas and all edges using the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. I cut a strip of a similar pink-ish paper from another background and created my banner & stamped my sentiment (Avery Elle, Petals & Stems set), I also added the pretty golden string with beads and adhered the front panel to my pink base.



I wanted to make this card rather exotic and hot looking imagining a lovely vacation in Morocco whilst being cooked in my own kitchen here in London, UK!:/ I hope you like it!:)

I'd like to add this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog - Emboss It
Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog - Mid-summer's challenge
That Craft Place - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!

Ingrid xxx


20 comments:

  1. LOVE the vibrancy!! Gorgeous colors and embossing, Ingrid! You certainly have achieved your goal--love the exotic feel of this! I think you just took me to Morocco! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow this jump out at me as i rolling through my blog roll love it and what a fab embossing folder

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just sizzles! Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card including the dynamic colours and embossing folder used..I have these colours and yes, I know, I say it all the time but I AM going to play. so much of my time is spent at the nursing home each day with my dad and once I get home after 6pm the mojo for dylusions has gone....sad but true...but once hubby gets better we can share the visits again.....xx
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous and... fitting to the summer weather indeed! Love this technique, although I do not own Dylysions, I do have some other mists that may be suitable.
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on mij blog, I do appreciate that immensely. I am joining your blog too, and am glad again that Internet exists, otherwise I would never be able to share in all those lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy colours Ingrid,perfect for this heat wave! I love how you use bright colours,I am of the opinion every colour should be used!

    By the way,I have still to try your wonderful tie dye technique,I only have 1 dylusions spray but loads of cosmic shimmers,do you think they would work?

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ingrid, this is just lovely! I am in love with your tie dye technique and fully intend on giving it a try. I love the colours you chose here, perfect summer heat card! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this color just POP out of this card! Lovely and elegant project, love these patterns. Have a nice HOT day!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fabulous Ingrid, I love the colour combination. Off to investigate further ..... xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting technique Ingrid, super tutorial in the mag too! Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous project Ingrid, love the fabby colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this vibrant colors and the embossed pattern and the gold elements go so well to this design!
    Gorgeous!
    xxx
    Susi

    Would be fab to see you once at our
    MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE
    too..
    you make such wonderful art!
    xxx
    Susi from Austria
    FROEBELSTERNCHEN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous ... love those bright and HOT colors! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous colours and a very elegant card! A x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ingrid! A stunning card, love the textures and the colours, specially the gold details! Dafne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning 'hot' colours, its a beautiful card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those colors are fabulous! Lovely work! Thank you for sharing your card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colors on this are stunning!! I LOVE your tie dye technique. This is a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ingrid this is WILD... love the colors and the design... wonderfully creative... you really let go on this one... LOVE IT ... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, stunning colours, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.