Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Picture Perfect... card ;)

Hello!

I'm back with a card I made last night. I say last night, because it took me all day to figure out how I wanted to look. It literally gave me a headache. I felt like my creative soul has gone on vacation! I hope it gets back soon!!! The thing is, I wanted to follow the STAMPlorations Blog Challenge #16:


It's simple, right? Well, that's the problem... simpler the sketch, more you have to think to come up with something catchy and fancy. Or maybe it's just me... I mean, my father always used to tell me sarcastically 'why to do it the easy way when you can do it the hard way!'... For example, when I was a kid I used to love maths, but I would get to the result the harder way, hence the thought that maybe I tend to over-think things. Aaaaanyway...

After wrecking my brains I decided to grab a few supplies and get cracking in a hope that it would just 'come to me'. Well, it did and this is what I came up with...





I masked off my vertical strip area, took my Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry & Mustard Seed Mini Distress Inks and simply stamped with them and used a bit off water on a small brush to watercolour the squares in. The cameras and the sentiment were added using my gorgeous black Glitter Frosting Paste by GlitzCraft and the lovely 'Picture Perfect' stencil by The Crafters Workshop. I also added some splatters using the Peacock Feathers ink. In the end I stamped the film from the 'French Memories' stamp set by Tim Holtz onto a piece of an acetate sheet, cut it out, curled it and hot glued it (if you add only a tiny bit it won't show). The panel was adhered to a turquoise card base to match my design. I had a tough time coming up with the design and even tougher photographing it due to the blessed glitter... I hope it shows through enough and hope you like me card. I made the photo extra large in a hope you'd see the pretty raised glitter paste better... Feel free to share your thoughts! Thank you!

I would also like to enter this card into further two challenges:
Lawnscaping Challenges - Watercolouring
That Craft Place - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by! Best wishes,

Ingrid xxx


16 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Ingrid, I love the bright colours. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Ingrid,a really funky card,the hard work you put into it shows! Hmm I always find these so called simple designs the worse as less is more,right?! Great card,fingers crossed it will be a winner :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts on this and all your wonderful creations are 'WOW". This is actually one super card, love the goodies used the bright colours and design...wow..xxx
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start


    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Ingrid. You unique design is so much fun and the colours are gorgeous.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great take on the sketch, a fantastic card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome design and love the fun and bright colors. Your rolled filmstrip is genius! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauitufl design, Ingrid! Love your inking here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun color combination and technique! Thanks for joining as at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The masking and stamp pad treatment is so, so effective and the frosting paste is a beautiful touch. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is so neat! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic Ingrid! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Thanks for joining us at the Lawnscaping challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card,just LOVE it
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so creative! i love it :) thank you for playing along with us at lawnscaping challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design..Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Card Perfect! Great design, love it. Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow wow wow so loving this design, so bright and funky, amazing. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.