Saturday, 19 July 2014

Tag You're It! Challenge #2

Hi there!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend?

I made a CAS tag for the challenge #2 over at Tag You're It! and would like to share it with you.

I crated the same coloured background by sponging the Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberries & Barn Door Distress Inks onto my mini tag. I took the Crafters Workshop 'Landscape' stencil and stenciled in the buildings background using the Barn Door. Then using the detailed half of the stencil I added some VersaMark ink and embossed it using my white Wow! embossing powder. The buildings have squares on them which is my translation of the talented Laura Bassen's square background.

I also added a couple of pointy signs that I wrote on using the same stencil, my black Faber-Castel pen & my white Signo pen and my black Big Brush pen to around the white sign. Laura added a small embellishment (the vellum leaves) and I added some silver star sequins to my tag. In the end I made a twine out of my black embroidery string and was done! Simple yet cute little tag, don't you think?


 


I hope you have a lovely weekend! I will be back with something more artsy soon...

Thank you for visiting! 

Ingrid xxx

15 comments:

  1. I am loving this one Ingrid,I love buildings and colours so perfect! I didn't realise that stencil was as nice as that.....oh dear,stencil love coming on :)

    Love the way your work is so varied too Ingrid,you are very talented

    Great weekend

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ingrid. I like a lot the combination of colours and the city stamp, with the white contrast. Congrats
    Dafne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable tag and lovely colour combo's. Each time I visit I think I really got to make something just to show you but here I am still waiting for time to stand still for a couple of days.......hope you are enjoying your weekend...
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Ingrid, a fabulous design and I love the colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tag, its a super town scene and background.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Ingrid the colours are beautiful love the scene, you have done a superb job with this one.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Ingrid you have an amazing style - Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see hot colors are still on LOL Great tag, love the white stamping on this hot background. Have a beautiful Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice color and even though I am not into cities at all.. I do like this one... it reminds me of New York City... believe it or not... when I was in my 20's, I use to live there... only for a short period of time... and did LOVE it... so this tag brought back some very fond memories... thanks for that and the vivid wonderful colors you used... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet! Love your sponged background Ingrid ... and the buildings are a wonderful interpretation of Laura's grid. Fabulous tag! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. o, I so like this, happy I started following you (you might not see me, but I am following via Feedly). Think you might get some new followers: .http://elliecreahoekje.blogspot.nl/2014/07/blogs-i-became-follower-of-lately-no-8.html
    I saw your blogpost about the hassle of reading the blogs you follow, try using feedly, much better, a full page, no hassle... as far as I know you can easily import the blogs you follow at the moment, to Feedly. just google on the subject, and you'll get some tips on doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful tag design! love the black/white arrows, white embossed skyscape and pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a wonderful tag. Love the colors and detail very much

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on Laura's tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the skyline and your inked background!
    Thanks for linking this up to Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.