Monday, 14 July 2014

Tim Holtz inspired tag



Hello again!

As promised in my first post of the day I am back with my second project! I'm here to show you a tag loaded with techniques, colour and fun elements using mostly Tim Holts supplies and techniques. But before I start rambling about my tag I'd like to mention that I got a real surprise last night! I am the winner of the Anything Goes challenge at That Craft Place Challenge Blog! It was my Album Covers that got me there! Yay! It was nearly midnight when I stumbled across this wonderful news in my blogger reader and, as you can imagine, I could hardly fall asleep with all the excitement!:) I'm so proud to have won this challenge and am very grateful to the DT for selecting my creation. Thank you!
Now onto my tag...







Supplies used: my handmade stencil, gesso, VersaMark ink, Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Pumice Stone & Peacock Feathers), WOW! white embossing powder, Tim Holtz stamps (French Memories), acetate, white watercolour card 300gsm, white cardstock, black Stazon, black string, staples)
How: I started by applying gesso over my handmade stencil, dried it, heat embossed my stamped script stamping and created an emboss resist using the Picked Raspberry & Peacock Feathers inks. I splattered some water over to emphasise the distressed look. I also distressed the edges using my scissors and sponged around a little using the Pumice Stone ink. The sentiment was stamped onto a white cardstock, ripped out, scrunched up, abused in general, sponged and adhered over my stamped and cut out pieces of film tape. I did the same with the ticket and stapled the lot. I also stamped the butterflies onto my tag and then onto an acetate, cut the butterflies out and adhered them onto my tag. I added the fluffy black string and was done. Tim created a few tags using the acrylic paint resist with his inks and I love the result of this technque.
The general use of his techniques and products were applied here and therefore my tag fits the Premium Brands Pan Pastel UK 'Inspired by Tim Holtz' challenge so I shall enter. Another few suitable challenges:

Craft Stamper Magazine - Take It Make It July (emboss resist)
Country View Challenges - Stencil it!
That's Crafty  - Masks, Stencils & Templates

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day! I'll be back soon!
Ingrid xx

24 comments:

  1. Wow,you have been super creative Ingrid! Love this one,such detail on it.

    Well done you on your win too,it's nice to win a little something every now and then as it keeps the art supplies topped up :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Ingrid and congratulations on your win
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is gorgeous,well done on your win.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooops back again.Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is stunning Ingrid. I love the design, gorgeous colours and beautiful sentiment.
    Congrats on your well deserved win too!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunner Ingrid, I love the gorgeous colours and of course, the beautiful butterflies. The design is wonderful.

    So thrilled to hear of your win, I expect you will get lots more because your work is fantastic! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors make for a gorgeous tag! Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours and tag, the background looks great.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS oh gosh wish I had time just to play, I received more dylusiions in the mail yesterday and just want to play...this is stunning ...Fabulous tag I do love that colour combination and the details of the added beauties. I thought it was the glue gun you used yesterday, now need to find mine that I have never used....see what you do to me, make me look for goodies put in a 'safe place' xxx
    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning tag! Love the beautiful and colorful background! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful tag Kristina!
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!
    I will visit your great blog more often in future.. you make wonderful inspiring art!
    xxx
    greetings from Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colour combination and layout :) congrats on your win too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning tag love all the colours and well done on your win

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors and the design! Stunning tag! Thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Ingrid, it's nice to meet you - many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and for following me - I'm now following you too!

    Congratulations on winning the Anything Goes Challenge, I'm sure it was very well deserved.

    Your Tim Holtz inspired tag is lovely, especially the background you created for it.

    I look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations in the future x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning! Love the quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beauty and gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining in the Take It Make It Challenge, Elizabethxxx good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another stunning make Ingrid ..... love the colours on this one. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, another fabulous creation! Love the sentiment too. Thanks for playing at Take It Make It again:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous piece, love the colours on this as well. Great additions of flutterbys and film strip. Fab Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another beautiful entry Ingrid:-) So happy you joined us over at the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another wonderfully bright project! Fabulous! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge this month! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.