Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Slider Card (1 Background - 2 CAS Cards)



Hello!

Warm welcome to my new followers, it's great to have you here! Big hugs to my loyal blog buddies, I will be in touch soon! x

I have two cards to show you today. What they have in common is that they are both made using one background created using my Tie Dye Technique. They are both CAS cards, but both have a different element of fun to them. I will post about them separately though so I can enter them into some challenges too.

This is the background...




...which I dry embossed using my Sizzix embossing folder, I inked the whole surface using my VersaMark & heat embossed using a clear powder... three of four times. Whilst it was still wet I added an ultra-fine iridescent glitter over the top. I love how the clear embossing powder brought up the brightness of the Dylusions inks! So pretty! I cut this background in two halves... one for each card...



The first was used for my CAS slider card...






Cool, right? :) It is very CAS yet pretty and fun too! What a little surprise... 'just for you' aaaaah.... :)

I hope you like my first card! Feel free to let me know your thoughts!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

"Less is more" - #186, Sketch


Addicted to CAS - Geometrics, #45
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by! Don't forget to check out my second card using this background! It will be up shortly!

All the best,

Ingrid xxx

15 comments:

  1. Stunning as always, your colours, image and design are admirable.xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I just love your tie dye technique! That iridescent powder is gorgeous, I bet the photo doesn't do it justice at all!! Love it Ingrid! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE Ingrid I must try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No.1 you are indeed the best! Love,love,love this,stunning colours and I bet it justs zings in real life

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all ... your tie-dye backgrounds are amazing Ingrid. The embossing adds so much texture and I love all the sparkle you've added. Fabulous CAS design with the hidden tag - so clever! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tie dye technique Ingrid fantastic colours and very CAS, fantastic slider card :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great idea to use the tag as a slider!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card... I like the interactive tab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there Ingrid, What a lovely card, the background is very beautiful :D Thank you so much for leaving very kind comments on my blog, it was great to see you there :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Ingrid! Super bold and striking
    but oh so cool. Love the technique.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous inking Ingrid - LOVE those colours! The hidden tag design is fabulous!
    Thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ingrid what a clever take on the sketch, love this!
    Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magical background!!!! Love it!!! <3
    Visit me at: www.goga91.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning background, looks super on a card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tie dye method for these cards. Love the slider card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.