Friday, 8 August 2014

'Autumn' - mixed media/abstract art



Hello!

Just a quick post (second one today! You can find the first one HERE) to show you my recently finished artwork. I was quite a naughty girl and thought it was Wednesday when it was already Thursday and made my DT card at the last minute and didn't get to finish this piece until this morning. This is why I've been quite. It seems that life is passing me by here... Hands up who's guilty of getting days wrong! No? Just me then... :)

I recently posted about Stamping with leaves where I showed you a pile of book pages covered in paint. Well, today I wanted to show you what you can do with them....


I ripped them up!!! I collaged the pieces of the golden/brown painted pages onto a A5 size greyboard, I added some doily, cut up a Sainsbury's burlap bag because it was really ugly (I mean, who's supposed to be shopping with that?!! Who designs these things?!) and used the individual strings out of it for a bare bush/tree, stenciled some light modeling paste through my new stencil I got from Pan Pastel (thank you) to add texture as well as used a piece of a lace on the bottom for even more texture, added colour using my Big Brush Pens. I stamped my trees in the background using the Big Brush pens, applied heaps of the Tim Holtz crackle clear rock candy paint around the corners, let it sit over night and continued this morning by adding some UTEE in bronze colour and some darkgold/green-ish antique looking embossing powder as well. I went back and forth adding colours and inks and shading etc... the sentiment is by Tim Holtz too... love it!

Here's a photo before I added the wording...


Here's the finished piece... 







I wanted this piece to be very abstract, mostly about the background and the sentiment,..

I'd like to enter this piece into the following challenges:

Country View Challenge - Word Play
The Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Autumn or Steampunk (Autumn for me... )
Craft Hoarders Anonymous  - Up-cycle (Sainsburry's burlap bag - really didn't like it, but didn't want to throw it so used the fabric! + dictionary pages... what a better way to use a dictionary than in an artwork ;))

I hope you like it! Feel free to share your thoughts!

Have a great weekend! Thank you for stopping by!

Ingrid xx

28 comments:

  1. Wow this looks awesome and so beautiful I love the colours of Autumn, amazing work Ingrid, love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite beautiful! I love the textures and colors and think it is very creative! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning rich colours, its a beautiful piece.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,these colours smack you right in the face Ingrid and kick you back down when you try to get back up :) absolutely love it,fab design and wonderful idea. Would have loved to have seen the 'ugly' bag first to see how ugly it was,that made me laugh!

    Hugs
    Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of where I grew up in New England...the bare tree branches against the autumn sky at dusk. It's really striking, and such a wonderful use of upcycled items. Thanks for playing along in Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #13!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colours and texture Ingrid and yes .... I get dates wrong too!!!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creation, the textures are fantastic. you have really captured the feel of autumn. Such a joy to look at.
    Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I totally love this, it looks brilliant! The background is so clever and I just love how you finished it with those stunning autumnal colours!! Thanks for adding it to the challenges at the Artistic Stamper and Countryview Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous fabulous texture and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, stunning! hope your weekend is awesome!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, I love Autumn. Thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Ingrid, fab textures. I misread at first and thought you had used a sainsburys plastic bag, lol! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous Ingrid! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning texture Ingrid, such rich autumnal colours, lovely! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fantastic, love the texture, and the warm colours, just beautiful! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really beautiful! I absolutely love all the fall colors and the leaf prints. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Striking and brilliant design...love it with these beautiful colours...gorgeous.xxThe Journey is the Start


    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow awesome textures and colours love it and would never think to do something like this so inspiring. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful piece Ingrid. I love the colors and how you created the background. Fall is my favorite season and you captured the feeling. I also love the words you have chosen...how true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work of ART. Love the warm Colors.
    Gorgeous thanks for sharing Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty Ingrid! Love the beautiful colors and the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning project Ingrid, you're very talented!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely GORGEOUS Ingrid and no matter ... I feel the same way with days..always getting them wrong....
    "Those who make art ,often forget the course of time, -hours do not strike for a happy crafter!"
    ~froebelsternchen

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is an amazing project ! Thank you for playing along with us at the Artistic Stamper's !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing. Love the colors and up-cycling. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look at that color and texture! I am blown away by this! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely stunning colours and textures, Ingrid - just beautiful. What a glorious creation. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges, and at The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.