Monday, 18 August 2014

Braided card



Hello!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend to the full? I had a busy one, as always, and even worked on the background I started not so long ago. I totally messed up! After fiddling with it and perfecting it for hours I reached for the Dylusions and not knowing that the nozzle was clogged I sprayed and it went all over in wrong places!!! I nearly yanked my hair out at this point! I tried to salvage the thing and turned it into one big bubblegum pink mess! In the end it ended up in a bin :( Mr Mojo went with it and I didn't get to post about it.

However, I had an idea over night, as you do, whilst sleeping :/ and decided to make a braided card. I have seen it once made by Brandy on youtube, made a note of it and forgot about it. I couldn't be bothered getting my printer out, that thing just upsets me when I do :), so I made my own template for the braided part. It's not that hard really...


The large flower (a peony in my mind) is made out of a few light pink scallop circle die cuts, dyed with Victorian Velvet, Gathered Twigs inks and sponged with them when dry. The small wild roses were made using the Cart-us rose die. If you roll it onto a skewer you will get a traditional rose. If you you do as I did you will get a wild rose looking flower or other type of flower depending on how you shape the petals. These die cuts were dyed using the Victorian Velvet & Pumice Stone inks for a lighter effect. To finish my wild rose I covered the centers with the silver Glitter Frosting Paste by GlitzCraft and added a flat back pearl. The leaves are actually a Prima Doily die cut, sanded, sponged and cut into pieces. Clever, huh! :)


As you can see I couldn't resist and stenciled my Liquitex light molding paste through the Dragonfly stencil by GlitzCraft. I also did a bit of emboss resist on my background with a Tim Holtz stamp (French Memories set), one of my favourite techniques, but this time I used the new Silver Pearl Wow! embossing powder! OMG, it's soooo gorgeous! It's just like your white embossing powder, but it has the most beautiful pearl finish. I sponged and distressed the whole background, front and back, splattered a bit of water, stamped using the script by Prima and abused the whole thing a bit :)

A bit of a dyed ribbon and a white tulle give the whole card a little extra feminine touch, I think. The white feather is from my white boa... that I wear around the house... every day... :)) OK, that's a lie... I wear old clothes as if they don't get covered in a baby food they get covered in paints. My postman must thing I'm the poorest woman out there... :)







I hope you like my wild rose and peony card with the fun braided edge. If you have any questions then ask away otherwise I look forward to reading your comments!

I would also like to say a big thank you to Ruth for speaking of me so kindly in her blog post. You have done an amazing job and continue to impress me with your amazing artistic skills. Thank you, Ruth!

Now, the challenges I'd like to enter...
Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog - Anything Goes
City Crafter Challenge Blog - Roses
Craft Stamper Magazine - use any technique featured in 2014 issues (Using: The Embossing powder resist technique by Anna-Karin Evaldsson, August issue.)
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - #3 Stencils & Pastes
The Mixed Media Card Challenge - Summer

Thank you for stopping by! Have a lovely evening/day!

Ingrid xxx

40 comments:

  1. WOW Ingrid this is stunning, love the lattice work also the wonderful distressing, those flowers are incredibly beautiful, love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow and double wow and triple wow!!! If you can make this when you are struggling Ingrid,what hope have the rest of us?! Please frame this and put this on your wall,it's so stunning,you clever girl :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, looks like a lot of hard work, but definitely worth it! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, how gorgeous is this!! I just love when the softer side of Ingrid pops up! I agree with Donna, double and triple wow!! Your flowers are just stunning and I really love your tulle! Incredible idea with the lattice, you're so crafty!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Stunning! Beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning make Ingrid - the lace looks amazing and the colours are so beautiful - and that bloom is awesome - love it all! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers, perfect peony and fabulous idea re the doily leaves. Beautiful shabby chic creation! Pleasure to speak about you on my blog post today, thanks for asking me. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, so feminine. The flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the most gorgeous card and I just love those papers and your colour combo.xxxx
    ♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever and beautifully designed card perfectly executed here Indgrid! I love the way you've used the resist for that front panel as it works so well with those wonderful shabby chic flowers. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous! Pretty, feminine and very clever. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is so clever!! Never seen that braided technique before but it looks amazing! Love the whole card, the background, the flowers, and yes those leaves are really clever too! Stunning card! off to check out that video...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only word that springs to mind is STUNNING!!! This is like a piece of art Ingrid, I love it and have not seen that lattice technique used for ages. Stunning....... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Because of my blogvacation I missed a lot of your creations! This is so lovely, love all the texture and the materials you used. The rose is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this Ingrid.. so very feminine and pretty pink... love it.. also love the lace on the side edge... love doing that... it is striking.... sometimes things happen to create us to go deeper... and you sure did... beautiful in all ways.. Love, Light and peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! This is adorable!! I Love the roses and your braiding ... Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous flowers, love the textures and design a real stunning piece.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful creation Ingrid. I LOVE your style and am always WOW'd by your mix media cards. The braiding looks amazing --- and I love all the feminine touches. I now am off to find out where to buy the silver pearl embossing powder ... thanks for enabling me :) And thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW the braided fold on your card is fantastic-- never seen anything like it before and your scallop circle flower--oooh super gorgeous !!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome card! I really like the braid and that gorgeous flower. Thanks so much for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely design with that braiding on the fold Ingrid! Your flowers are all so beautiful - the white embossing - the lovely pinks - a beautiful creation! thanks so much for sharing it with the Mixed Media Card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous mixed media card! Love all the flowers and the braided fold is so pretty!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge "Stencils and Pastes"!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card with beautiful colour and so much texture its amazing

    Mines on my blog
    HERE it would be great if you had time to come take a look
    X Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very, very pretty and soft card. There is a lot going on but it all works so well together. I must admit my favorite part is the boa! And the way you explain how you put everything together is a riot! You brightened my day. Thank you and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cool! Love the paper braiding , the soft lovely colours and the flowers too. Thank u for joining us at MMCC

    ReplyDelete
  26. A really pretty card with some wonderful details and fabulous texture and the braiding down the side is so creative! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is really stunning! i have never seen a braided card before and yours is beautiful. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. So very feminine and soft looking. I think the emboss resist technique looks beautiful on this.
    Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge.
    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's just so gorgeous Ingrid, so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh wow! such a beautiful card, Ingrid!! *sigh* thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ingrid, this is beautiful! Love the braided spine, the handmade flowers, the resist embossing, oh, just everything! I'm glad I'm not the only one to craft in a feather boa! ;)) Thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow a really dreamcard. I love it so much.
    Dear greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is simply beautiful .... so feminine. Thanks for joining in with the Take It Make It challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Ingrid this is so very beautiful in every way:-)
    So happy you joined us at the Take it Make it challengexxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous Ingrid! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge this month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ingrid,
    Love the cut and folded textures - they look amazing! And so do your flowers, and the inked and textured backgrounds. So soft, rich and beautiful!
    I'm so happy to see your card among August MMCC entries. Hope to see you with us again in September!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That braided card is just amazing! I love the detail. Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Pretty pretty pretty! Loving the cut outs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.