Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Collaboration with Donna (Artfully Challenged)

Hello!

I hope you've had a lovely day! I'm sorry for posting so late, I hope you are sitting nicely with a cup of tea in your hand. Don't worry, this is a short post, I just want you to be comfy ;)

I have been lucky to have made a friend through blogging and we have had some fun together! Donna aka Artfully Challenged recently received some of my Tie Dye backgrounds and made a wonderful card with it. Well this time, Donna sent me some of her gorgeous background tags prepped with her fresco paints and some little bits and bobs with them to me so I could have some fun too ;)


Now, to explain, I get all sentimental when a friend gifts me something and tend to treasure it. Well, this is no different so I wanted to make this tag to remind me of Donna without even reading my little note at the back of it so I decided to put it together with items that Donna sent with the backgrounds. That was fun!
I didn't want to do much to the gorgeous background so added a couple of touches (some ghoasting using distress inks and stamping with Hero arts clocks background stamp), some sponging around etc. I added the Dina Wakley image that was also sponged and finished the tag with a banner and some other embellishments. My wordings and the date stamp are all from the 'Everyday Moments' stamps set by Teresa Collins. The heart is a wooden basic heart from Donna that was heat embossed using a bronze, an antique gold and some ultra-fine rose gold glitter at first, twice, to add dimension and then heat embossed with a pearl gold powder and stamped into. Doing this in layers and different powders gave it a really nice crackled effect. Check it out. The no 1 stands for 'No 1 Crafter' and it is an internal joke :)

Tip... if your staples don't match your colour scheme just take the whole block of them out, colour them with an alcohol marker in your desired colour and you're good to go. That's what I did here...






I hope you like it! I had a great fun finishing this tag, I do hope I did it justice. If it was up to me I'd leave them as they were as they were beautiful already.

I have a few more so that's something to look forward to ;) I'd like to enter this tag into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog

Thank you, Donna, for helping me to get my mojo back and thank you all for stopping by! Take care!

Ingrid xxx

16 comments:

  1. Just beautiful... Donna is a LOVELY person... and her art is lovely too... her blog name should so be changed... ARTFULLY CHALLENGED... NOT... she is a full blown ARTIST.... in so many ways... I love it all.. masterpiece... just grand Ingrid... you honor her as she does you... LOVINGLY... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just picked myself up off the floor.....WOW...I can't believe this Ingrid,I am lost for words. It's stunning and I love it. You are such a clever girl,this is far better then any of my tags,seriously! Wonderful and I am so glad it kicked your mojo up a gear :)

    Extra big hugs for you

    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna , you're so sweet! What an amazing thing you two did, swapping backgrounds! I love the world of crafting, it's filled with the most incredible people! Hugs :)

      Delete
    2. Gorgeous tag, lovely finishing on a beautiful base, well done to both of you! Ruth x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous tag and wonderful design details. love the images.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two talented artists, one spectacular tag! Sounds like the tag line for a cool new reality show! I'd watch it! You both amaze me! Big crafty hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful creation - i think its fantastic! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's what friends are for! And crafty friends are one of a kind...this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tag, love those colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag Ingrid fabulous colour's and design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing vintage-y style tag. LOVE that background from your friend Donna. Gorgeous design, techniques and colors. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tag! Great color palette! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word Ingrid this is so beautiful I absolutely love the vintage style, that image, the colour and background stamping as well as the butterfly all are truly amazing,
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag, Ingrid. That image is one of my favorites and I love how you added a butterfly to her fair. Such a great look! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Tag Ingrid!! Love everything about it. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.