Friday, 8 August 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: 'Lazy Days of Summer'



Hello!

What a week! I thought it was Wednesday on Thursday and somehow it doesn't feel like Friday! Nonetheless, my other half will be at home for the weekend, hopefully it will be sunny so we can go for a picnic or have a BBQ! Fingers crossed!

It's Friday which means a new challenge at Crafty Catz! Yay!! This week's challenge is all about the 'Lazy Days of Summer' chosen by our lovely DT Nina.




Sponsor for this weeks challenge is: 



Prize: 

My card: 








I felt like including a few more pictures today. I used a white core cardstock for my front panel which I dry embossed, sanded, distressed and sponged it. I also used a Sizzix lace border folder to emboss a piece of a white card which I sponged (Mustard Seed Distress Ink) and then sanded down to bring back some of the whiteness. I added some lace trims, natural twine, mulberry flowers covered in Picket Fence Crackle paint, a few other embellishments etc.. The main image was stamped, coloured in using my Caran D'Ache watercolour pencils, die cut, distressed, sponged (Broken China & Peeled Paint) and sanded down around the edges as well. The same was done with my banner. I wanted to make this card very natural with a country look/feel to go with the nature of the stamped image. I hope I have achieved this. 

The girl on the card is reminding me of myself. I used to visit my dear Grandma in Slovakia (who recently became my angel...well, she always was...) every summer during July and August (school holidays in the Czech Republic). She lived in a small village in Tatras, the highest mountains of Slovakia. That's were I was born... This picturesque village is surrounded by mountains, hills, forests and beautiful lakes! There's a big lake we used to swim in, meadows all around with cold streams to browse in, butterflies to chase, flowers to pick... run from the cows on the hills... I didn't like those very much, or the neighbour's hissing geese! This place was my childhood happy place! This is were I was lucky to spend my young years. This is probably why I love nature so much. The challenge over at Try It on Tuesday is called 'Wish you were here'... I wish my Grandma was here. I wish she never left that gorgeous place and I wish I could be forever returning there, every summer... 

 Here's an official website of the place I am talking about and to to it's Nature gallery... just a small example of what's I'm talking about... HERE - just hit the 'translate' button when there and click on the icons below to see images of the gorgeous nature. 

I look forward to reading about your thoughts and seeing your own summery chilled out creations over at the Crafty Catz Challenge Blog

This time I'd like to enter my summery country card into the following challenges: 
Pan Pastel UK - Summer Fun
Try It on Tuesday - Wish You Were Here
Scribble & Scrap Blog - challenge 24 Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes 

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great weekend! 

Ingrid xxx 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrid, Gorgeous card, so sweet...
    I hope the weather holds good for you,my forecast here in the NW is not so good, as I write this it's going really dark....but I always love to prove the weather man wrong......not hard sometimes.......lol......have a good week-end..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card with the lovely embossing folders, love the country feel, hope it stays dry for you..... of to check out the link lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Ingrid love the stamp you have used gorgeous colour's and fabulous design have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,what a card Ingrid. Super cute and beautiful colours,you are the queen of card making :)

    Will have a nose at the link,I absolutely adore the mountains so can imagine how you must miss them,being surrounded by nature is the best feeling ever

    Hope your day is a bit more calmer then yesterday :)

    Lovely weekend of course,fingers crossed for the weather

    Hugs

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ingrid, this is so gorgeous! What a beautiful image and I love the colours! The embossing works so well with the style of card and your shabby flowers are the perfect touch! So stunning! Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous creation Ingrid with the embossing,loving the colour combo and super added beauties.xx.♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful image - and I love the whole card Ingrid. Brilliant make xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ingrid...gorgeous card for the chalenge this week, love your flowers, have a good weekend, x carol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just one word today - stunning! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card, love that adorable stamp in the center!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card hun. I love the flowers and the little dove embellishment - gorgeous! Hope you have a great weekend. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Ingrid. Love the sweet scene ... your coloring is AMAZING! And love the layers of your distressed background ... and all the sweet embellishments - so perfect together. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my.. This is adorable Ingrid! Love the colour and vintage feel that match the image perfectly!

    Hope you had a great weekend and a good week to come
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  14. The coloring is gorgeous and the whole composition is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you have showcased this image Ingrid. Such a fabulous design. I love all the distressing. Have a great week. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card I grim what lovely memories too, love the gorgeous embossing and colours. The image and your talk of mountains made me think of one of my daughters favourite childhood stories Heidi. Hope you're having a great week xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.