Friday, 15 August 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: Recycle It!



Hi!

I hope you've had a good week? Mine was crazily busy, I must say. 

It's Friday and the Crafty Catz are back in action and with a new challenge. It is my pleasure to be hosting this week's challenge and I would like to see you using items that would normally end up in a trash. I have always been a bit of an eco warrior and now having my own children, our future generation, I do try even harder when it comes to recycling. I reuse where possible, I live frugally and always think of ways of reusing items. It's amazing what you can do with a little bit of imagination and a few supplies. So I'd love to see you being creative and add something that would normally end up in a bin to your project as an embellishment or up cycle something. If it is not immediately obvious what you used then please make a note of it in your post. I can't wait to see your creations! Now let's see who the sponsor is and images of my project...


Sponsor of this challenge: 

Prize for the winner: 
$15 GC to the Fred She Said Store.

My project: A baby food jar turned a shabby tea light holder..






Our wonderful DT members have created the most wonderful projects that will certainly get your creative juices flowing. You will be amazed! So hop over to the Crafty Catz Challenge Blog and link up your creation! Good luck to all participants!

Thank you for stopping by! Have a lovely weekend!

Ingrid xxx 

20 comments:

  1. Morning Ingrid, What a beautiful creation, I think the DT have all done some amazing creations this week, a great challenge....
    Have a lovely week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and beautiful creation Ingrid just love the colour's and fabulous idea have a lovely week-end and just love the challenge this week
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,love the texture and such lovely details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful tea holder, fab transformation, lovely Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation,Ingrid. Love the sparkling blue colour used. Fab job yet again,no one would know that was a baby food jar at one point.....is there anything you can't make beautiful?!

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful creation, would look lovely in any home! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation Ingrid! Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous recycling and love the gorgeous candle holder, lovely colours
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea Ingrid. I love the tealight holder. Who would guess it is made from an old jar! The result is stunning. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ingrid, I am always so blown away by your creativity! Such a gorgeous project, you have really inspired me, I'm heading to my recycle bin right now!! Super hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made a little treasure out of this ordinary jar Ingrid! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful candled holder, LOVE the way you altered it :-) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, Ladies! I'm so pleased you like my little candle holder :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous piece of recycling - trash to treasure springs to mind.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Ingrid,your creativity never fails to impress, love the colours and use of the hessian, thanks for a fab challenge this week, have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic recycling, this would be a wonderful gift idea as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous tealight holder Ingrid - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is so beautiful Ingrid I love the wonderful flower display I bet it looks gorgeous when the tea light is lit, superb recycling project.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning project. Great idea - so pretty. Hope you have a great week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for a fab theme Ingrid, I would probably never step out of my box without someone pushing me LOL And I am gonna 'steal' your idea, this is an awesome decoration! Sorry for being so quiet during my holidays, the internet was really lame there. Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.