Friday, 1 August 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge - Sketch!

Hello and welcome to my little blog!

If you are a newbie to it then you should know that I love clean and simple cards or artsy cards and other artsy especially mixed media creations. If this sounds interesting then feel free to become a follower so that we can stay in touch and inspire each other. You should also know that my brain has to work very hard when  it comes to traditional layered cards so when I saw this sketch I had a little panic attack and could feel my hair standing up at the back of my neck! :) I like such cards, there's no question about it, I just have a real issue putting layers together and actually making it worth looking at :)Thank goodness I had a sketch to hand though! And a good one it is too! It was easy to follow and I'm sure you will create some wonders for the challenge! I can't wait to see them all! 

Naomi's sketch: 


Our fabulous sponsors: 



prize...7 images of winners choice

&


Crafty Ribbons is a ribbon emporium, we are passionate about ribbons and want to share our fantastic ribbons with others. Our range of Christmas ribbons is second to none.
Remember when we only used ribbons to add a bow to our hair, or tie up a birthday parcel? Ribbons are now a "must-have" for all types of craft. Whether your project requires satin, sheer, silk, grosgrain, gingham or polka dot ribbon we have them all! Lots and lots of different colours in a range of widths.
Need a little bit of ribbon inspiration - then have a look at our projects, or visit our blog they use nothing but ribbon. Go on, have a try... It's worth it !




My card: 



As you can see the card is quite masculine. It is a simple card (men don't tend to like fancy, glittery, frilly wonders like we do... Not often anyway) with a touch of fun. I made my own golf balls out of a white Sculpey Accents (it has glitter in it but it's not very noticeable due to the size of the golf ball). I put them all in a handmade little round pocket with my sentiment so this card has become a shaker card! Ha! Usually you get shaker cards where the focal image has the shaker element so I decided to make it more interesting this way. I hope it works, anyway! I also baked the little Sculpey stars and added some Glossy Accents to the top of them and to the top of the golf balls in my image by Boogaboo.
The little pocket was made the same way you would make a usual shaker card using dimensional tape only I had to use three layers so my tiny golf balls would fit! (it depends how tall your dimensional tape is, they can differ) Because this is a round pocket and the layers of the tape were rather unsightly I had to adhere a strip of paper to the inner and one to the outer side of the shaker element. I think it worked out well.

I hope you like it and hope you join the challenge! Hop over to the Crafty Catz Challenge Blog and link up your creations so we can drool (in a nice way..) over them! Don't forget to visit the lovely DTM's blogs and leave some love there before you leave!;)

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!

Ingrid xxx 


14 comments:

  1. Great card Ingrid, love the little shaker...you may like to join my birthday candy on the top of my blog..xx
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and wonderful card Ingrid fab paper's and colour's and just love what you've done with the window brilliant have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card with the little golf balls, and your stars look great. any man would love this, hope you have some sunshine over the weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Ingrid,love the shaker aspect to it,very inventive. Wonderful colour combination as well. I struggle with layering as well,some people do it so well but when I try it,it looks like I have fallen and just thrown the papers everywhere :)

    Great weekend to my favourite artist

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant make Ingrid - and well done on the top three at craft stamper!!! Way to go! hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ingrid thank you so much for your 'congratulations' comment on my blog I am so thrilled to have won. Ingrid this is brilliant a great image and such fabulous papers and card design I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ingrid, Love this, so creative and those golf balls are fabulous....so typical of you to think out-side the box.....
    Hope you have a lovely week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card for a man, its a fun image and your mini golf balls embellishments look great.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, your talents are endless! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your golf balls shaker pocket, very clever, love the way you layered the banner pieces at the bottom too, you rocked the layers! Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Jac, so very clever with that golf ball shaker! Fun paper and great work with the sketch

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card Ingrid! The little circular shaker looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and I adore the mini golf balls! so cute. Hope you've had a relaxing weekend. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Ingrid. Love your take on the sketch. Your embellishments are fabulous. Love your detailing, especially those little golf balls. Have a great week ahead. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.