Monday, 11 August 2014

Creative Blog Tour

Hello!

Today I'm here with something a little different. Different's good, right?:) Today I'd like to take you on a tour. A tour around the Blogland that is!

When I first started this blog in January 2014 I had certain expectations, but all in all had no idea where it would take me. I didn't know anything about challenges or InLinkz or Blog Hops ("what on earth is a blog hop", I thought...) and so on. However, the moment I started browsing around your wonderful inspirational blogs I realised what I've been missing in my life! Not only crafting itself, my hobby, that has given me a great deal of satisfaction, but also the virtual community of crafters, artists and like-minded creative souls out there! I learned new techniques, tried and tested products I had no idea existed. I have seen so many beautiful soul warming creations that have kept me inspired and read many sweet comments that were and still are nothing but a great motivation for me to create more. Not only more, but better, I think. I remember when I started, it was more about experimenting and finding my own style at which point I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go. My style has not changed, but evolved and improved and I have developed skills through my exploring of all kinds of media out there and because of your brilliant tutorials that you so kindly share! I'd like to say a big thank you for that because your hard work played a big part in my creative life, each in its own way. THANK YOU!
My card for all of you crafty friends... no challenges, no brownies to score... just a virtual card I made for YOU... which I will share at the end of this post...

Before I start rambling about myself more I'd like to say a big thank you to my lovely friend, a skilled and talented crafter for involving me in this blog tour...



...whom many of you will know through her ingenious and wonderful designs. If you haven't had the pleasure of getting to know Donna's work.. well, frankly, you have been missing out and need to visit her blog asap, because you're in for a real treat! Donna is a sweet, kind and warm person and I am so very appreciative of the fact that I have met her. She is very creative and a brilliant mastermind when it comes to details on her oh-so gorgeous mixed media backgrounds. Her creations are funky, fun and full of perfection and are anything but boring. I mean... have you seen her recent tag 'On Time'? How brilliant is that?! I would love to be in Donna's head, just for a minute, because her imagination is without boundaries. She's forever proving how skilled she is by winning numerous popular challenges so watch out! ;) Donna ROCKS!!! :)

As a part of our blog tour we have a few questions to answer about ourselves. I promise to tell the truth and nothing but the truth... :)

What am I working on?
How shall I put this... Apart from developing a CHD - Craft Hoarders Disease - I also seem to have a strange new craft related OCD that prevents me from leaving my projects unfinished. It absolutely drives me bonkers when I can't finish something, be it time related or being stuck on ideas at which point my mind goes into an overload and I just brainstorm. I brainstorm, collect information and inspiration from everywhere and work even harder so that I can finish what I started. This is why you won't see many half-done artworks in my drawers. I also have a 3 year old and a 10 month old baby so that doesn't give me much time to hang about either. You may find a few backgrounds from were I experimented with my Tie Dye Transfer Technique that I developed recently or other explorations of media and techniques. I don't like wasting a thing and try to save and use up odd bits too and then use them in my art or on cards. I've always been a bit of an eco warrior so tend to apply the same to my crafting. It's all about being sensible, not being wasteful and recycling where possible.
I am, however, currently working with the wooden plaque kits produced and sold by GlitzCraft, the company I design for. They will be taking my designs to expos to showcase their products so it needs to be tip top. I love their glitter frosting pastes and stencils - if you haven't seen them then hop over to check them out.


There's also one background that I started tinkering with.. it's not finished at all and is at the point where I would add colour, shading, stenciling etc!



How does my work differ from others?
Hmmmm... Tough one... 
If you are familiar with my work you will know I'm texture mad and that I like various styles. I also say... 'why to stick to one area of expertise when there are so many to explore'. I think I'd like to break it down a little... 
Cardmaking - on one hand I love clean and simple contemporary styles with bright and bold features and on the other hand I love very artsy, painty, inky backgrounds with a lot of distressing and grungy elements. I also like to venture into the shabby chic area now and then. 
Art - abstract, mixed media, whimsical, either bright and bold and colourful (example) OR vintage, distressed, grungy with muted colours (example). I also came up with 'Glam Grunge' :) as a name for some of my mixed media creations as it combines distressed, textured and grungy backgrounds with romantic and soft elements with a dash of sparkle in a form of an embossing powder and glitter. (example). 
You can click on the pages 'CARDS & CRAFTS' & 'ART' on top of the blog layout - I save pictures of my arty crafty stuff there so you can have a swift whiz through there... 

Why do I write/create what I do?
Simple... hopefully to inspire others to find a hobby, whatever it might be, and have fun with it. I also have plans for the future that involve being creative and hope to make it work. In order for it to work I need to spread the word and what better way to do it than to make friends via Blogger and other social media. So if you already haven't hit the 'Join with Google' button and lets all have fun and share our crafty experiences together! 

How does your writing/creating process work?
I have million and one thoughts running through my head and in order to get them out through my art or through my writing I just LET GO of 'thinking too much' and let the hands do the work. I might start with the certain vision of the  final piece but usually there's something else during crating it that sparks another idea and somehow it all comes together in the end. Initially I usually I get inspired by a challenge or something I have seen on Pinterest or on others' blogs and get a real urge to interpret my 'vision' in some way. There are ideas for projects that are stuck in my head until I finally pull a finger and go and try to recreate them. My creative visions drive me mad! :) I do find crafting quite addictive and can't image not being able to do it! Hands up if you share my feeling! :) 

The above questions were somewhat official to answer so how about I'll reveal 5 things about me you didn't know and couldn't have guessed... 

1. I have never ever eaten a slimy oyster or a snail in my life and probably never will.
2. I don't drink coffee, it's just not my thing.
3. I have a fobia of singing in front of people. 
4. I speak 4 languages out of which 3 fluently, I would need to brush up on my German and it would be four.
5. I can't tell jokes.. oh, no, I'm funny, I can be very funny, I just can't tell jokes... by the time I remember how it all goes I start improvising and it takes ages to get to the punch line that people start laughing at me telling the joke, not at the actual joke... :) 

I hope you're not too bored just yet, because the best part comes now! 

I would like to introduce a very talented lady who creates the most wonderful art and cards...



The name of her blog is very fitting, because her love for crafting really comes through her art. Every single piece she creates is made with such perfection and skill. I always get excited when Ruth's post pops up in my Blogger reader, because I know that my creative life will be once more richer after seeing what she has created. Her creations are always full of style and elegance, they are so beautiful and inspirational. They leave you with the 'how did she do that..' feeling.. so if you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Ruth in the Blogland I would highly recommend visiting and joining her blog. Not only it's a feast for eyes, but Ruth also shares information on how she created her artworks which means you might even learn a thing or two from her. I certainly do all the time and can't wait to see her next project! Thank you for taking a part and for being a good sport, Ruth! x

I would have loved to introduce you to all of my blog buddies, but that is not realistic so would like to invite you to have a browse through the followers on my blog. Every single one of them  is the most talented and skillful crafter, and one of the loveliest people I have met. I would have also loved to mention a few more crafters, but the odds in this blog tour weren't working in my favour. However, you know me, I'm always up for a bit of fun so maybe I'll see you again in the round two one day! 

I also have a little something super-fun up my sleeve so stay tuned! If you are not a follower then feel free to become one so you don't miss out ;) 



Have a wonderful day! Thank you for stopping by and patiently reading my loooong post ;) Much love! 

Ingrid xxx 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely post, good to learn more about you and what makes you tick! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,you nailed this one Ingrid!!! What a wonderfully presented post,you really should be in advertising as I would buy anything off you after this! I am so happy that you agreed to join me on this blog tour,I know it took time to do and I really appreciate it.

    I can't praise you enough on the way you presented this Ingrid,you are beyond wonderful girl :)

    Extra big hugs

    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous read, great to know more about you Ingrid! Thank you for asking me to take part, I was honoured you asked me and even more so having read the lovely generous comments about my work. The card is gorgeous, one talented lady but more about that next week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ladies! It was my pleasure all along! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words on my blog.
    It was loely reading this post. I learend more about your
    crafting journey and yourself. Thanks for beeing open
    about yourself Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post Ingrid, I can't wait to see those projects when you get them finished! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is brilliant Ingrid - so much information!!! Wow - its my turn next week and I don't think I have half as much information to put in! But nevermind! Loved reading yours! And I always love visiting your blog! Big Hugs to you! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to hear more about you Ingrid, wow 4 languages - so impressed! Talented in so many ways. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely wonderful post Ingrid, I have loved learning more about you and your creative process. Your card, as ever, is beautiful too! You are a kind, generous and very talented lady. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post Ingrid...it was nice to read and learn a little bit about you...Off too check out your link now :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.