Sunday, 3 August 2014

Daddy's birthday card from Isabella (3yrs)

Hello and welcome back!

Thank you for stopping by! Second post today, you can find the first one here! I promised to show you a card that Isabella made for her Daddy for his birthday!

Isabella loves going through my stamp drawer and I let her use some now and then. I have some older inks and wooden stamps that she loves to play with. One of her favourite things to do is to use my stencils. She loves to take my fluorescent markers or her paints and she's off! Isabella loves to craft and was introduced to all kinds of media. She's been crafting with me since she could hold a crayon so is used to creating her own little artworks. I love the proud look on her face when she's finished waving it above her head shouting "Mummy, mummy,... loooook!" I will never forget the moment when she drew 3 circles and said they were the Tomliboos!

Chloe' is now starting to copy everything her big sister does so we let her join in when we do colouring and she loves to make squiggles. She's only 10 months so it's more about exploring than creating.. and I have to watch her as I'm sure she'd love to taste the crayons too!!

Here's Isabella making the card:


And here' Bella proudly holding the card:


I think she did a wonderful job! Apart from me taping the stencil down for her and watching her not to mess up my living room table she did all of this by herself. The colour choices and patterns, the whole making of the card is her doing. She stamped 'I love you' all over the inside. I gave her a choice between 'Happy Birthday' and 'I love you' and she went for the latter saying it's for Daddy! She also insisted on stamping a lot of presents all over it as it was for his birthday, she explained! :)

Simon Says Stamp is running a Summer Vacation: Kid's Challenge with 'Anything Goes' theme so I thought this would be a wonderful opportunity for her to win a goodie bag for her gorgeous card and believe it would be well deserved. I'm so proud of her regardless!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend and do pop back tonight or tomorrow as I will have the promised Altered Mini Playing Cards.

Best wishes,

Ingrid xxx


16 comments:

  1. That is just adorable! Looks like Isabella inherited her Mom's talent!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Isabella, its a beautiful card and I'm sure your daddy loved it.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your card is stunning! I know Dad loved it. Keep on crafting! You're a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabella, your card is fantastic, keep up the good work, you have obviously picked up your Mummy's talent! Well done! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big hug to Isabella,what a wonderful card! Well it's obvious where she gets the inspiration from Ingrid.....you might have a rival in the arty world soon :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic birthday card! Everyone loves bright and happy colors and Isabella's dad is going to love this card! I think the stars and presents stamped all over it are perfect, too since it's a birthday card! Great card and I know dad is going to keep this card forever on his desk at work or his dresser at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is awesome Ingrid - she obviously has inherited her mums artistic genes!!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous, well done Isabella ! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Isabella :-) I love the colourful stencilled design and all the presents ! I am sure your Daddy is going to love this too :-)

    thanks for joining in with the Simon Says Summer Vacation Kid’s Challenge on the Wednesday Challenge Blog and good luck with the prize draw :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet :) like mom and daughter !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ingrid. Your daughter is so creative ... just like her mommy! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative and happy card you've made Isabella - I bet your dad LOVED it!
    Thanks so much for sharing your card with us in the Simon Says Stamp Children's Challenge - I think we'll be seeing lots more of your cards in the future!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous colourful card Isabella, brilliant job.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Childrens Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fantastic card Isabella, I love your stamping, especially those stars. Your bright happy colours are just stunning!!!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Children's Challenge
    love
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.