Monday, 25 August 2014

'HOME' MDF Stencil Kit by GlitzCraft #1

Hello!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend and your Bank Holiday weekend, if you like me live in the UK. We managed to have a last BBQ of the summer and it was a great fun!

I'd like to welcome my lovely new followers, so great you could join me here! I hope you will enjoy my posts! Thank you and welcome!

I have recently showed you how to work with the gorgeous MDF word shapes kits. You can find the two post HERE. Last time you've seen a couple of festive and beautifully Christmas themed plaques, this time it is a more casual one for any day of the year. You can follow these few simple steps using the GlitzCraft MDF Stencil kit and few of their gorgeous Glitter Frosting Pastes and make your own home decor for any occasion. There's plenty to choose from on their website so hop over to check them out! Warning! Their glitter pastes are highly addictive!


Here's the whole kit...



You can choose to use the lot and decorate it with what you get in the kit or you can choose to use some of it and combine with anything that you might find in your stash. Be creative!

I started with applying a very thin coat of a white Gesso over the front part of the plaque, I didn't want a full coverage, I just wanted to lighten it up a bit. I love the dark edges of the plaque. I sanded down the edges and around the word a bit and very lightly sponged it with the Walnut Stain Distress Ink just to bring it all together. I masked off the parts of the stencil that I didn't want to have green and secured it onto my plaque so it wouldn't move...

I applied the light green and the cool green pastes over the stems....


I then reversed the design and masked off the stems so I could fill the bluebell flowers and the little flowers on the bottom.You could choose to leave the plaque as is....


...or you can add the included die cut backing card, the light cream or the navy one. I chose to adhere the navy card to the back of it and here's the final piece...




Next time I will show you how I altered the inner word...


I hope you like it! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below. Thank you for stopping by! All the best,

Ingrid xxx

P.s.: big thank you to my lovely and talented friend Pamellia for creating the gorgeous signature for me! Big hugs, xxx

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful plaque. I love it! Thanks for sharing your creativity Ingrid. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work of art and your ability to do anything is awesome...great project.xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! Glad you enjoyed your weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Ingrid,I really do like the look of those glitter pastes,really sparkly. Is there anything that you can't create?!

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab work Ingrid! I have some glitter paste - I might get it out later. Cant wait to see what you do on the other piece. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the blues, and these glitter pastes look amazing! Love your new logo too! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful work ingrid. a really great makeover xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge fan of Glitz Craft, they created me a bespoke stencil last year when i attended Event City craft show.

    Saw all their glitter pastes they sparkle so beautifully. Love your project very much:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colour choice and the gorgeous blue bells. Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.