Hope you are enjoying the weekend so far?
I also have some good news! I was so excited to find out that my card has been highlighted in the very first challenge at the Mixed Media Card Challenge Blog so I can proudly display my new badge! Yay! Thank you DTMs for choosing my card out of all those gorgeous entries! I feel honoured!
This fabulous new challenge blog is a godsend! I love mixed media cards and now all the people who enter this challenge share my love for them which means I can visit their blogs and find friends of similar taste, right? That's great! So thanks for that!
The challenge #2 is about 'Summer' with an optional use of a burlap. I made a card on Friday morning.. with handmade flowers, added some burlap strings and only after I found out what the theme of the new challenge was! I must be clairvoyant or something! For me... Summer means flowers and it has burlap and it is a mixed media card so I'm in! No, it's not the only one I will enter, I couldn't do it to myself. There's more to look forward to!
I would also like to enter this card into the 'Summertime' challenge over at Our Creative Corner for the same reason.
The front panel was embossed using the 'Rosemary' embossing folder by Sizzix, leaving the bottom part flat, sanded down as the cardstock has a white core, sponged with Victorian Velvet sanded down again to 'age' it. I also used the Sizzix lace edge embossing folder on a cream coloured cardstock, sponged it with Gathered Twigs ink and sanded down the edges. I die cut my scallop circles, coloured them, sponged, wet them, crickled, put together, abused them more, sponged more,... you get the idea...
The leaves were die cut (Cuttlebug, Damask) and processed the same way + stamped on using my Prima script stamp + added some Peeled Paint to the edges. The ribbon was dyed using the Victorian Velvet ink. I pulled strings out of my burlap and used my trusted hot glue gun to adhere everyting down. The card needed some embellishment and due to its romantic look I went ahead with some pearls which were coloured using my CR4 Spectrum Noir marker. The front panel was then adhered to a cream card base. I would like to point out that if you sponge edges of your cardstock and then lightly sand them down it adds to the 'aged' look. You can sand down any cardstock, it doesn't have to be Core'dinations only... just something for you to try...
I hope you like it.
I'd also like to enter this into the new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero as I used a few dies. Hope they like there! ;)
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy your weekend to the full! I owe you some Altered Mini Playing Cards so keep your eyes peeled on that blogger reader (if you are a follower...), because I intend to make them this weekend and upload them for you asap!
Also, scroll down to the bottom of my blog, right hand side bar, where you will find a link to Annie's lovely blog. It is going to be her birthday this month so hop over to leave her some love and enter her Blog Candy giveaway! It's brilliant! You will also find some gorgeous cards so have a browse... ;)
All the best,