Friday, 1 August 2014

Shabby romantic



Hello and happy Friday!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend so far?

I also have some good news! I was so excited to find out that my card has been highlighted in the very first challenge at the Mixed Media Card Challenge Blog so I can proudly display my new badge! Yay! Thank you DTMs for choosing my card out of all those gorgeous entries! I feel honoured!



This fabulous new challenge blog is a godsend! I love mixed media cards and now all the people who enter this challenge share my love for them which means I can visit their blogs and find friends of similar taste, right? That's great! So thanks for that! 
The challenge #2 is about 'Summer' with an optional use of a burlap. I made a card on Friday morning.. with handmade flowers, added some burlap strings and only after I found out what the theme of the new challenge was! I must be clairvoyant or something! For me... Summer means flowers and it has burlap and it is a mixed media card so I'm in! No, it's not the only one I will enter, I couldn't do it to myself. There's more to look forward to!   
I would also like to enter this card into the 'Summertime' challenge over at Our Creative Corner for the same reason. 





The front panel was embossed using the 'Rosemary' embossing folder by Sizzix, leaving the bottom part flat, sanded down as the cardstock has a white core, sponged with Victorian Velvet sanded down again to 'age' it. I also used the Sizzix lace edge embossing folder on a cream coloured cardstock, sponged it with Gathered Twigs ink and sanded down the edges. I die cut my scallop circles, coloured them, sponged, wet them, crickled, put together, abused them more, sponged more,... you get the idea... 
The leaves were die cut (Cuttlebug, Damask) and processed the same way + stamped on using my Prima script stamp + added some Peeled Paint to the edges. The ribbon was dyed using the Victorian Velvet ink. I pulled strings out of my burlap and used my trusted hot glue gun to adhere everyting down. The card needed some embellishment and due to its romantic look I went ahead with some pearls which were coloured using my CR4 Spectrum Noir marker. The front panel was then adhered to a cream card base. I would like to point out that if you sponge edges of your cardstock and then lightly sand them down it adds to the 'aged' look. You can sand down any cardstock, it doesn't have to be Core'dinations only... just something for you to try... 

I hope you like it. 
I'd also like to enter this into the new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero as I  used a few dies. Hope they like there! ;) 
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy your weekend to the full! I owe you some Altered Mini Playing Cards so keep your eyes peeled on that blogger reader (if you are a follower...), because I intend to make them this weekend and upload them for you asap! 

Also, scroll down to the bottom of my blog, right hand side bar, where you will find a link to Annie's lovely blog. It is going to be her birthday this month so hop over to leave her some love and enter her Blog Candy giveaway! It's brilliant! You will also find some gorgeous cards so have a browse... ;)

All the best, 

Ingrid xxx 

19 comments:

  1. I am so very happy for you... you are totally due this award... your work is WONDRFULLY BEAUTIFUL... And this is out of SITE... amazingly pink and so very feminine... love it all... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ingrid! This is stunning! Love the embossed background and fancy blossoms! Congrats on your recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful recognition of your beautiful card, love the flowers, and as I love flowers this appeals to me so much...you are a great inspiration. Thanks for joining my birthday candy. [and the plug]xxxThe Journey is the Start


    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Ingrid! This is such a beautiful card, loved your choice of colors and the flowers look fab. Your sponging, sanding and sbusind...sure have given good results here! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your well deserved challenge award Ingrid.
    This card is stunning too. The textures look amazing. I love the soft colours and such gorgeous flowers too. I am so grateful to you to you for explaining how you achieve such wonderful effects on your creations.
    hugs sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulations on being highlighted - not at all surprised though! Your card today is just gorgeous, the background is superb and your flowers are fabulous. Very romantic and very beautiful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow and double wow! I love this one so much Ingrid,really dreamy and romantic,those flowers are superb,this is another winner that's for sure!

    Congrats on another well deserved win,you will run out of space on your blog soon for all your awards :) I love being a follower of a megastar in the crafting world!

    Hoping you have a brilliant weekend Ingrid,

    Speak soon.....I am busy preparing your little surprise :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ingrid your card is stunning-- love the flowers and the gorgeous embossed background
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. a stunning make Ingrid - and well done on your honourable mention from the mixed media card challenge! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly gorgeous mixed media card Ingrid! I LOVE that flower - and can't believe you made it out of just scalloped circles! Must give this a try! Congrats on your honorable mention - and thank you for playing along with us again this month! so happy to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations. Its a gorgeous mixed media card. The flowers are beauties.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always Ingrid, your mixed media creations are a feast for the eyes. So many gorgeous details ... the texture and depth is AMAZING! Beautiful colors that are so pretty and yes ... romantic. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your spotlight award Ingrid, and this is another beauty. Gorgeous colours and lovely details.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another absolutely beautiful card Ingrid. Yes you are right, MMCC has created a wonderful platform for all of us mixed media lovers to come together and share our joy of getting messy with paints and mediums. Very nice of you to share the process of getting the aged look too. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Ingrid! I love the colour scheme, and how you've created the flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful!! I love the background and those big beautiful blooms! Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Ingrid. I really love the gorgeous colour you've chosen and your flowers are stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Julia x
    Congratulations for your win too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congrats!! this card is such a beauty too! glad you played along this time around too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic color combo! I love all the textures and the details on your card :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.