Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Showcasing GlitzCraft MDF Word Shapes #2



Good morning, crafty souls!

I hope you are all well and eased into the new week?

I had such a crazy weekend, I was so busy I didn't get much time for creating, visiting your gorgeous blogs or commenting on your creations, but I intend to work on all of that and slowly but surely I will get there! I'd like to say a big thank you and welcome my new blog buddies, it's so nice to have you aboard! I hope you will enjoy my future posts ;)

Yesterday I promised you the second part of the 'Noel' Word Shape by GlitzCraft, the company I design for. You can see the first altered part HERE. It was more contemporary for the lovers of white Christmas trees with silver and blue everything, very contemporary looking Christmas decorations, using pretty much what came in the kit. This time I wanted to show you what happens when you dig deeper into your stash and go for more of a classic vintage looking Christmas decor.




I started with altering the paper insert. I stenciled the gorgeous Glitter Frosting Paste in Sand colour through the included stencil using the pattern intended for the word itself. I created a distressed look using Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain Distress inks and some water as well as heaps of sponging.


Next, I sponged and stamped onto my plaque using the same inks. I also used the stencil on the edges. There is a strip of leaves on the bottom of it intended for this purpose, very cleverly design and so easy to use, I must say! TIP: make sure you mask off all the unwanted parts of the stencil before applying the paste. Tape the stencil down over the outer edges so it doesn't move either.



It would easily be pretty as it was, but you know me, I can't leave things alone so I made some poinsettias...from scratch! Where's such challenge when you need it?! That's right, these flowers were made using a white cardstock that was coloured using Barn Door, dash of Spiced Marmelade, Rusty Hinge mixed on a craft sheet and in the end sprayed whilst still wet with Cherry Pie Dylusions spray. Oooh, this is what made it so gorgeous red! Perfection! I made four templates out of a hard cardboard for my layers of the flower. I will share an A4 template with a step-by-step in the Freebies section of my blog so that you can make your own poinsettias for Christmas should you wish. I have to put it together so bare with me, if you are a newbie somehow save my blog or join it if you wish so you know where to come back to.







The green leaves were made using Peeled Paint & a dash of Walnut Stain Distress Inks with water on my craft sheet, then cut out using my flower template. I did the same for my die cut flourishes, but these were stamped on using the Prima Script stamp. I found a branch-like stamp in my stash that was perfect for the veins on my petals and leaves of the poinsettia. The leaves and petals were sponged using the Barn Door and Peeled Paint, then ends of them pinched and crinkled and then sponged using the Walnut Stain which gave it the aged look. Once I glued them together I applied a dash of the Sand Glitter paste in the middle. How gorgeous and real they look! What do you think?

I also aged and stamped my doily with a Prima background music stamp, the Tim Holtz clock was coloured with the same brown inks, clear crackle paint by Tim Holtz applied and let to do its job, then distressed more using the Walnut Stain Ink. I also dyed a piece of a ribbon with the Gathered Twigs ink. I put it all together and was done!








I hope you like it! Don't forget to come back for the template, I will put it up today or tomorrow, time allowing. I also have one more MDF kit 'HOME' so will be altering these also. So much to look forward to ;)

I'd like to enter this one into the following challenges:
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
STAMPlorations - Stamps & Die Cuts
The Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes
A Blog Named Hero - Die a little (or a lot)

Thank you for stopping by! Have a fab day!
Ingrid xxx

22 comments:

  1. WOW, this is drop dead gorgeous! The glitter holly leaves are go festive and your poinsettias are stunning! Really great idea for getting veins onto the poinsettia leaves!! I love it Ingrid!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the lovely Pamellia has spoken for us all Ingrid! Absolutely beautiful creation,can't express how truly gorgeous this is. The poinsettias are beyond stunning,such a vibrancy to them,must be the best Christmassy make....EVER

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done with the fabulous MDF shapes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ladies! I also just had to re-upload some of the photos as they weren't displaying for some strange reason. It should be ok now... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic - Can't wait to see them in person and get them up on Display...If you want to see them in person, visit the Glitzcraft booth at your next craft show.

    Ingrid - You are FAB !!

    Leona, Glitzcraft xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. a stunning project and I love those flowers, so realistic!
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous project Ingrid, love the finish and those poinsettias look stunning.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is really awesome Ingrid - brilliant! I adore the poinsettia! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I keep using the same words but your work is stunning Ingrid - I love this beautiful project, your poinsettias look so realistic! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous festive project Ingrid...and those flowers are Stunning!! Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning project, your attention to detail is fantastic.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOOOOWWWW ... ( that stands for a long WOW!) This is beautiful Ingrid... I love it... very very stunning and so pretty... I love the colors that you have used here... the dark browns with the BRIGHT Red poinsettia is just stunning... love it.. you have really nailed this one... GREAT ART... Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is gorgeous :) I love the poinsettia and all the detailing u did on the focal piece :) thank you for sharing with Stamplorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a fabulous project!! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project, those pieces are really versatile. Have a lovely day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning creation, love the colour combo too...♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing with a lot of work and effort you did! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing project Ingrid. LOVE your poinsettias ... they do look real! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Christmas plaque is stunning Ingrid!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Ingrid, this is just amazing! Your hand made poinsettias look incredible. O much effort and skill in this project! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my... Everything about your project is stunning. Love the red paper you made and your gorgeous poinsettias. Really fantastic art work. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.