Monday, 11 August 2014

Showcasing Glitzcraft MDF Word Shapes

Good morning!

I have one more post for you today, much shorter than the first one, I promise. You can visit the post regarding the Blog Tour HERE. I mentioned that I am currently working on altering the MDF Word Shapes by GlitzCraft in my last post and have managed to finish one part of it so I thought I'd show you what can be done using just the pieces from the kit. Just imagine, you could give these out as presents to people who don't have masses of craft supplies and they can still decorate them. Just buy a couple of Glitter Frosting Pastes and a palette knife to go with it and you're off and creating your very own home decor! There are some for every occasion so plenty to choose from too and because you use only very little of the glitter paste they will last for a very long time and can be used over and over again! You could even use the stencil and the paste for making cards for your friends and family once you're done with your MDF sign. How good is that?! The possibilities are endless!


Each Kit include 2 MDF Words or Shapes
(1 @11in x 5 inch) + (1 @ 12 in x 6 inch)
1 large Stencil for both MDF word/shapes
1 non shedding GlitterCard Insert
1 non-Shedding Glitter Card background.
2 Contrasting Card backgrounds.







This time I went for all shiny, glitzy and contemporary. I decided to paint the word 'Noel' in silver. I started by applying a couple of coats of Gesso...


... followed by a few coats of my silver acrylic paint, sanding the layers in between to ensure a smooth application.
TIP: Don't try to clean acrylic paint with wipes or water, you will just make a lot of mess on your sheet. Acrylic paint doesn't stick to plastic or your craft sheet and dries quickly. Just wait a moment until it dries, take your palette knife and scrape it all off instead. Quick, clean and easy... you're good to go again!



I adhered their blue glittery die cut on top of it with my Anita's Tacky Glue. It holds beautifully!
TIP: add your glue to the back of the die cut and then carefully lay over the MDF word letter by letter to achieve a neat look. Don't slap it on and then try to move it into a position, you will get the glue all over the MDF and you might end up upsetting yourself :)


I left the glue to dry for a moment and stenciled the Silver Glitter Frosting Paste through the enclosed stencil and heat dried it for 30 secs. It really is that quick! I love these pastes. No hanging about!


I thought it needed something else so used the poinsettia flower designs on the stencil on a piece of vellum from my stash and cut them out. I adhered them onto my sign with a tiny bit of my Glossy Accents and added a blue rhinestone to the middle of each flower. This step as well as painting of the MDF shape are totally optional.

I now have the outer part, the plaque, left to decorate and I think I will dig further into my stash this time round to show you what you could do with it using not only the pieces from your kit, but other supplies and materials that you might already have. I think I fancy something a bit more classic this time round so keep an eye out on the future posts! I'll be back soon!

Challenge entered:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog - Make It Sparkle

Thank you`for stopping by! Have a great day!

Ingrid xx

8 comments:

  1. OMG, I love the blue and silver together! Wonderful and so festive! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a festive deco piece... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work Ingrid - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Ingrid, I don't know how but I completely missed this post :( wonderful blue and silver colours,really striking and beautiful. I may have to go and check those pastes out now.....

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Ingrid, the blue and silver are quite stunning together! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Ingrid - you ROCK xx
    Leona
    Glitzcraft

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice n sparkly :) love it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous plaque Ingrid, the colours and whole design of this is stunning ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.