Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Stamping with leaves



Good morning!

Welcome to my new followers! It's great to have you close by! What a talented bunch of people have joined my blog, I'm the luckiest crafter ever!
I hope your week is going well? Mine is not too bad, I just received my lovely prize from Pan Pastel UK, a mask and a lovely Orange Tint pan pastel with a sponge and I can't wait to try them out! But before I do I have something to show you.

You know me, I like to play and experiment. One of my recent ideas was to stamp with real leaves! Crazy, huh?! :) But hang on... just wait till you see the pictures! The results are so lovely. I used acrylic paints applied with my brayer and made a few backgrounds that can now be used for cardmaking or any other fun project.


I didn't want to waste any paint so I cleaned my brayer on an old dictionary pages and used a few stencils along with them, monoprinting directly of my craft sheet where I had spread the paint. These can now be used for any collage, making flowers or so.



I made a CAS card for the Addicted to CAS (current challenge: 'Gold') and will also enter it into the Stamping Sensations (current challenge: 'Anything Goes', they haven't seen this stamping with leaves sensation yet!:)). I roughly spread a tiny bit of a brown & a gold acrylic paints on my sheet with my brayer, brayered over the vain-y part of my leaf with this until it was nicely covered (but not too thick, as I wanted a nice clear print, not blobs of paint...) and simply layed my leaf over my card and pressed over a piece of a clean paper. I matted the focal image, stamped my sentiment on an off-cut using the 'Merci' stamp from the Petals & Stems by Avery Elle and popped it up on some dimensionals after rounding a few corners.



I hope you like this technique and the CAS card! I'm off to play with the backgrounds and to test the Pan Pastel now and will be in touch later on or tomorrow to show you more crafty goodness!

Have a great day! Thank you for stopping by!

Ingrid xxx

19 comments:

  1. Wow love your idea of using real leaves for stamping.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful--- great to use the natural stamps!
    The card design is just AWESOME!
    I love it!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!!!! You stamped with leaves!!! This is brilliant and another idea of yours that I am definitely going to have to borrow! Ingrid, you continue to amaze me with your creativity and talent! Many hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the leaf turned out. Congrats on your prize, have fun with it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat...have done this before when teaching a class looong time ago...yours looks so good.xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks fantastic Ingrid that leaf looks amazing a truly wonderful card and brilliant technique
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant inspiration Ingrid - love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS, love the double layer of card and, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous experiments with the leaf stamping - the backgrounds look fabulous and that card is wonderful. Love all those book pages ready for action too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you get anymore wonderful Ingrid?! What a fantastic card,beautifully simple but so effective. I am off out into the garden tomorrow to see what I can find....will not be quite as gorgeous as yours though :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea, the pieces you made all look wonderful.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is awesome, I remember I used to do this as a child, long forgotten technique though, thank for reminding :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful technique, Ingrid! I must try it. Your card is beautifully simple, and simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous mix of backgrounds you've made with your leaves! Looks like you had lots of fun too! :) LOVE the CAS card with the gold leaf - beautiful! And love the way you've layered it and rounded the one corner ... the MERCI tab is adorable! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ingrid....Thanks for hopping by my Blog...and leaving such a lovely comment ( I'm following you too now ;) Looks like you have had a lot of painty fun...and just love your CAS card so simple....but so effective...and the leaf print looks fab the way it's been layered with the little sentiment....fab card!...Off to have a better nosey at your lovely blog now :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea, and lot of lovely backgrounds too.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Ingrid! So pretty and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome use of real nature! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative. Thanks for sharing your technique. I have some leaves and some acrylic paint and I might do this while I babysit the grandsons tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.