Saturday, 30 August 2014

TECHNIQUE ALERT: Crinkle Transfer Technique



Hello!

I'd like to welcome my lovely and very talented new blog buddies. It's great to have you here.

I will be on a holiday from Monday for a week so this is most likely my last post. I don't think I will have an online access during my holiday. I couldn't possibly leave without leaving a little something for you to get inspired by.. I have come up with a new fun technique that is super-easy and super-fun so you can play whilst I'm away ;)

I think the hardest part was to think of a name of this technique :) I think it is slightly similar to my Tie Dye Technique as it also using Dylusions and you end up with a pattern transfer. Only this one is easier! I'm going to explain and show you photos of the process. So here's my step by step...


1. take a plain copy paper & scrunch it up a few times and lay it down on your covered surface scrunched up but flat...


2. spray with colour no 1 Dylusions spray...



3. unravel a little & spray with a colour no 2 Dylusions spray...



4. unravel even more and spray with a third or like me just drip all over with a colour no 3 Dylusions spray...


5. spray your A4 cardstock (or your art journal page, a canvas or similar..) with a bit of water & lay down your coloured paper over your cardstock...

6. spray a little of the water over the back of it...

7. lift and dry both sheets...



You can use the coloured copy paper to also 'stamp' with over a wet cardstock...




... or repeat the steps above for a secondary print...


...and end up with a coloured copy paper... 



8. dry all sheets & use the cardstock for a card or any artsy background and the copy coloured paper for some flower embellishments, a collage or similar..

The above papers were made using the Cherry Pie & Pure Sunshine Dylusions spray. I also made more papers using my Calypso Teal, Midnight Blue & Dirty Martini Dylusions...




I stamped over both cardstocks and cut them down to a few ATCs. I rounded the corners to make them more attractive...



I picked a couple of each colour...


All four were sponged with Distress Inks, heat embossed numerous times using a clear embossing powder, some glitter added to each and a different rubber stamp left in to leave an imprint. In the end I rubbed in some mica powders in different colours to accentuate my imprinted image... this is what the end result is...


Mind it, it is hard to take photos of anything shiny so I tilted each card for you to see the colours and the background and then the imprinted image...









I hope you enjoyed this technique... It is so easy yet effective! I hope you like it and hope you give it a try. Please feel free to share your thoughts. I will enjoy reading your comments on Sunday and then upon my return. This is my very first set of ATCs so please be kind ;)

I'd like to enter these little ATCs into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Embossing
Try It on Tuesdays - Use your stash (Dylusions, copy paper, cardstocl, stamps, inks, embossing powder... all from my stash, using what I have already)

Thank you for stopping by and sorry about the long post! I don't know how much time I will have to comment and visit others' blogs before I leave, but I will do my best! I will definitely visit when I get back though and look forward to seeing your gorgeous makes already!

I also made a card using this technique so if i get a bit of time I will post it before I leave otherwise it will have to wait in which case you have something to look forward to ;)

All the best,

Ingrid xxx


24 comments:

  1. Love these love the orange ted in the papers but love the blue and green finished projects.have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is outstanding!! I love the result!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fun, thanks for sharing the technique. Have a fun holiday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingrid, thanks for your birthday wishes my friend and what a gorgeous lot of designs to view, loving these colours you are indeed a real artist....have a joyful week or so away.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super set of ATC's and a great tutorial thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge hugs Bee. Hope you had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Ingrid these are simply amazing!!! Such a cool background technique (who needs a Gelli plate lol), but it is the way you have finished it that really makes these ATCs, so, so stunning!!! Great inspiration, I can feel lots of play time coming on!!!

    Have a great holiday, hope the weather is nice for you!!! Thank you for sharing the great step by step, I shall definitely give this a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ingrid, I had a look last night and forgot to leave a comment I was so enthralled with the step by step. Stunning, vibrant, glossy....lovely stuff. The butterfly is just gorgeous. And again....have a fabulous holiday! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These just look gorgeous. Thanks for giving me inspirations.
    Have a wonderful week. Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intersting technique and I adore the finished product! Hope you'll have a great week, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing technique and all your samples are just stunning! You are so creative and genius, thanks for sharing this with us! Have a great holiday, big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This set of ATC's are really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this great technique.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ATCs! They are fabulous, great backgrounds and that butterfly is stunning. Thanks for sharing the 'how to'! Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woww these are stunning,love them.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the 'How to do' , the effects look fantastic.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is great thank you for sharing with us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tie-dye colour effects - thanks for the how-to - and the finished ATCs are fantastic. Hope you have a fantastic holiday!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the techniques, thanks for sharing them.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Ingrid what an amazing technique - thanks for the inspiration and the tutorial - have a great holiday x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ingrid, just catching up - this is a fabulous technique and I love the finished pieces. Thanks for the step by step pics.
    Have a great holiday.
    Avril xx
    p.s. Thanks for sharing at TioT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tried something similar with Portfolio Pastels just after i had heated them, the results were good considering it was my first time trying this technique.

    Great tutorial Ingrid, fantastic macro shots to show the detail and a great finish to your cards.

    Have a fabulous holiday :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing creations Ingrid. I love the wonderful techniques use and thank you for the tutorian and inspiration!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, amazing project. Love your colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie

    ReplyDelete
  23. The one with the butterfly is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello iam so intrigh with your ATC's all of them the one I truly love to make if you Help me is the one with the face how you do that please help me.....Thank you Ingrid.
    MaryRedford

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.