Friday, 12 September 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: 'CAS'

Hi there!

I hope you are all well?

I hope you enjoyed the last weeks challenge, we had some wonderful entries! Some tough decisions were made to pic our favourites!

I have the pleasure to announce a new challenge here on my little blog too. Our sweet Jac would like to see CAS (clean and simple) projects. I say 'projects' because from what I know you can easily make a clean and simple tag too, not just a card. This should give you a bit more freedom, right? Good! Now let's see who this week's generous sponsors are...



Fitztown is a group of talented artists and crafters. we make a variety of products including fine art, sculpting, woodcrafts, papercraft, cardmaking and many more

PRIZE.....3 digis of their choice.

&



winner of your challenge a $10 gift certificate to spend at the Make it Crafty store

My Card: 


This lovely rose is a digi stamp by Fitztown and you probably wonder how I created my focal image. I shall tell... :) Before I do though I'd like to mention that there are some wonderful digi stamps out there that you can print out and colour to your heart's desire. Today, I wanted to show you something a little different that can be done with them and I hope you will agree that this is rather fun! 

Firstly, the background was created by scribbling yellow, orange and red Big Brush pens onto my narrow smaller acrylic block, spritzed with a bit of water and stamped with onto a watercolour cardstock. This is what created the fun colourful messy effect. Once this was dry I knew it was permanent as the Big Brush pens contain India Ink which will resist any water based media so you can use whatever else on top. Great, huh?! :) 

Secondly, I printed my image, applied a decent layer of Bindex onto my coloured card, layed my printed image over it and let dry, sprayed a bit of water over the top of the paper and rubbed my finger over it until the paper came off. You have to be careful not to rub too much. Once I was happy with the transfer I applied another layer of my semi-glossy Bindex over it and shook some white ultra-fine glitter over the whole image. I would have loved to use a clear glitter and it would be great if my image was a PNG rather than a JPEG as JPEGs come with a gray-ish background whereas PNGs don't and I think this has slightly muted the beautiful bright colours of my Big Brush Pens (Faber-Castell). Not much though... The lines were a bit muted too so I took my Fine Artists Faber-Castell black pen and went over the lines which brought the design back to life. The glittery finish is very subtle, but with a bit of sun it sparkles beautifully. I mounted this onto my light pink base with some dimensional tape and stamped my sentiment using my black Stazon. 

I used Bindex only because I didn't have any Mod Podge (it is on my forever growing list, ran out...) or any other gel medium. Well, it worked, right? :) 

I hope you enjoyed my post and found a bit of inspiration, perhaps something to try... Now hop over to the Crafty Catz Challenge Blog to check out some more gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team. 


Thank you for stopping by! Have a fab weekend! 

Ingrid xxx 




16 comments:

  1. The rose is indeed beautiful and I love the fabulous background you created for it - it is a wonderful technique and your card is stunning Ingrid. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Ingrid just love the technique you have used on your card and beautiful colour's have a lovely weekend my friend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a super card and lovely technique, the glitter shows a little on your photo, fab colours, have a good weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card No.1....reminds me of a fruity packet of sweets,wonderful shimmer to it too,another stunning creation by you :)

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it sparkles, is it just me..lol...A gorgeous card as always Ingrid, just gorgeous...
    Have a good week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project. CAS is not really me, I think I am a more-the- merrier type when crafting! Have a lovely day, the sun is shining here. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. DELIGHTFULLY gorgeous card and image. Loving the beautiful colours used. Yes Dianne left me a note of my win Ingrid I have not been on the computer all day as been with my 'dying' dad but will pop over there shortly. I would love to enter the next challenge and use one of Zoe's images as being an Aussie too I like to support her and have many of her images but CAS wow that will be a tough one for me.xxx
    ♥aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Ingrid! I love the technique you used and your colours are so vibrant and cheery! The black flower is so striking against that wonderful background! What a CAS stunner you have created!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and the simple clear lines of the digi stamp perfect! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous !! Fab BG yet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Ingrid. I have never tried this technique of transferring an image ... so fabulous as it opens up lots of other opportunities for using digital images. Love the acrylic block background (fabulous color combo!) ... and all the shimmer is so pretty. Always learning when I visit :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ingrid this is gorgeous, I never would've thought of doing that it and it's so effective, have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous technique Ingrid - it gives a stunning finish to the card!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this! can't tell you how impressed I am by this card. Naomi xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the technique you have used. A stunning result. Have a great week. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.