Monday, 8 September 2014

Hello Autumn!



Hello!

I AM BACK! :) We got back from our 'glamping' week long trip this weekend shattered with a need of another holiday! If I ever have another 'bright' idea as to go camping in a pod with two babies please remind me that they do not stay in one place, get wet from rolling down the hill first thing in the morning after you just changed them, constantly want to explore everything, will try to eat stones from your front path and you will be chasing the seagulls away from making noise up on your pod roof at 5am in the morning after not a wink of sleep then falling into the pile of bags face down when attempting to remove your wellies... making an awful noise! All in all, it was fun! It was also lovely to visit Ma and spend some valuable time with her by the seaside and celebrate her birthday with her.

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch with any of you during my time away. I didn't have any reception on my mobile and had no internet connection. It's nice to be back but I have a lot to do so please bare with me. Thank you for all of your comments, I have read them all and will be in touch soon! xxx

I have also finally managed to put up my new 'Pinworthy' Badge that I received from the lovely and very talented Design Team at the 'A Vintage Journey' challenge blog for my 'Altered Rustic Jar' in the 'Time Flies' challenge. I can't tell you how grateful and proud I am to have received this! THANK YOU!!

Before I left I wrote a post about my 'Crinkle Transfer' technique. Did you get to try it? What I didn't get to show you was my autumnal card I made using the papers I made using this technique. So, here I am today with my mixed media autumnal card....


I used the Pure Sunshine, Dirty Martini & Cherry Pie to create my background cardstock and used the colorized paper for the leaves. I was talking to my lovely crafty friend Donna at the time and mentioned that you can take the still wet colorized paper and stamp with it when I had another bright spark to stamp with crinkled silver foil or a cling film. This is what created the speckled effect in the corners...


I made a quick template for my leaves out of a cardboard, traced them onto my colorized paper and cut them out. I sponged them with my Walnut Stain Distress Ink to make them look like fallen leaves...



I also printed out some of Astrid's gorgeous freebies and used the autumnal pocket with a matching tag on the front. I sponged these with the Walnut Stain ink too. Thank you, Astrid! I hope I did your gorgeous templates justice :) Your creations are beyond beautiful! xxx

The background cardstock was treated with an application of my Light Modeling Liquitex paste through my handmade harlequin stencil and sponged with various Distress inks to add more colour. I think I used the Barn Door, Walnut Stain and Peeled Paint inks and also a dash of the Orange Tint Pan Pastel that I won not so long ago. So lovely to work with the pan pastels... oh, my wish list is forever growing! :) I also did a bit of stamping with my mesh stamp (unmounted, no idea who is responsible for this beauty, sorry) for extra texture.

The flowers were made out of the colorized paper I showed you in this post HERE. I just cut out some circles and cut them out (free hand, no template) and sponged them to accentuate the crinkles. I was making this card with the Mixed Media Card Challenge #3 (Autumnal colours with an optional twist of leaves and/or metal - I used both!) so I decided to add the Tim Holtz word tag and used some real cogs for the centers of my flowers. This is the paper I mention...



Here's the finished card and some close ups...






I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: 


"Just Us Girls" - word 'Leaves'

Craft Hoarders Anonymous  - All the Pretty Flowers

Try It on Tuesdays - How does your garden grow (my garden is currently very seasonal with leaves starting to fall and a last few colourful flowers peeking through, time to get the trimmer and the rake out!:))

Thank you for stopping by! I will try to get back in the crafty groove after my rather tiring holiday and will be back soon with some fun altered items! That's right! Altered! The resort we stayed in had a craft area and I got some fun things there so that's something to look forward to ;) 

Have a great day! 

Ingrid xxx 

38 comments:

  1. Welcome back No1 crafter :). Ha ha sounds like a fun time you had! Ooh a craft area,sounds fab

    This is beautiful Ingrid. Such rich colours,stunning creation. Love it,one of my favourites from you.You and Pamellia have really done wonders with the Autumn theme,you are such clever arty people

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! that's a beauty...loved the flaming colors and the flowers are just fab! Your holiday sounds amazing and wishing you a great crafty week ahead. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card with tag. Wonderful warm Colors.
    Love your design. Thanks for inspiring me Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Ingrid, I missed you!! What a gorgeous card and a fantastic technique. Your colours are so vibrant and your leaves look real!! Big bear hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW and welcome back and gosh what wonderful gorgeous colours, I am so loving this.xxx

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card with the great tag! I love warm colours, the flowers and the super design.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x


    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time glamping :-) Love your card!! The background is very cool as are the leaves! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a fun holiday! Bet the kids loved it! Lovely autumn card. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back... fab card, wonderful autumnal colours! Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning creation, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Camping or glamping is definitely not for me, glad you 'enjoyed' yourselves lol.

    Fantastic techniques as always Ingrid and a fabulous autumnal project with rich and warm colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it's about time you got back and got started with creating again... LOL.. WELCOME HOME... Glad to see you back again... camping with kids... been there done that and did live thru it to know that I would not do that again... now I see my own doing it with theirs and remind them of it prior... and after... LOL... so fuuny... but lessons in life a GREAT and GRAND for us all..

    This piece is v ery pretty... very fall and autumn like... I love the leaves and the crinkle is so very effective at this time of year.. ... love it too... Love the pocket and the tag on the front... so great... I love the whole look of this piece... Glad you are back and now take a break and put you feet up and enjoy life again... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading about your holiday 'adventures' Ingrid, they made me smile! Glad to see you back.

    This is a beautiful creation, I love how you created the fabulous leaves and the autumnal colours are just wonderful. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to have you back Ingrid, lovely autumnal card.....rather you than me in a pod with little ones!! Memories will be made of those moments though....Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning project, the colours look amazing.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Ingrid, Lovely to see you back and I'm glad you enjoyed your time away!
    This is a fabulous project, colours look so rich with you inked papers.
    Thanks for linking up to TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, your glamping trip sounds fun, but not for me ;) And ofcourse you don't go around blogging, even if you do have reception, thats not vacation.
    I adore this beautiful autumn card,the vibrant colors and those gorgeous leaves, they look REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back Ingrid This project is just AMAZING! wow... fantastic techniques used.. and masterly compositin in this piece!
    Autumnal pleasure I would call it!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome home! You are a brave young lady to go camping with kids, but you gave them a wonderful memory! Good Mom!!! And great artist! Your autumn card is gorgeous, and I love that you made your own leaves. They look SO lifelike. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ingrid. Welcome back from your holiday. Sounds like you had a crazy time with the little ones :) Glad you had a nice visit with your Ma --- so special! LOVE this card (actually, work of art!). So many wonderful techniques ... and so much fabulous texture and dimension. And the colors --- beautiful fall colors! I especially love how your fallen leaves turned out ... amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome back. Everything about this is beautiful!!! Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful project and I love the Fall colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've used (and explained!) some really nice techniques on your mixed media card! It's gorgeous!
    thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love the colors and thank you for the tutorial. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What perfect fall colors. Loved seeing how you made your leaves. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this is such a master piece, lovely inking and technique to create those gorgeous leaves. Love the layout too ! Thank you for sharing with MMCC

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great technique, thanks for sharing! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all your layering - the wonderful techniques used for your leaves and the pretty flowers! thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media card Challenge Ingrid! (your description of your vacation cracked me up!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Ingrid this piece is just stunning - I've spent a while in your blog - your work is amazing

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! I love these colors, and all the gorgeous leaves you created. That background is outstanding! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wowza, just gorgeous..I just love the colors of the amazing leaves you created! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty and unique!! Love the leaves and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really love the flowers and leaves together, with the burlap. Your little tutorial is also great! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  34. this is gorgeous!! really like the warm colours you have used! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Ingrid! and Hello Autumn! Sounds like glamping was "unforgettable"! As is your card and the crazy wonderful techniques you put to use here, as usual. Just gorgeous. And even including metal - you rock! Thanks for joining us this month at MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Ingrid, nearly missed this and It's gorgeous, giving me some ideas for a masterboard swap I still need to do. My friend sent me a Masterboard and I have to make it into something. Got so busy with Christmas cards that I couldn't turn my head to it but this has helped.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Ingrid, looking at Pinterest for once and walking through your boards, I've just seen this (among some other beauties!) by chance... Love your technique here and beautiful art in general, on this particular make your leaves are truly wonderful!!! And your card stunning!!!
    All my best wishes from France, Coco x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.