Monday, 15 September 2014

Mixed media card with Brusho



Hello!

Just a quick post as I have two hungry birdies to feed soon :)

I'd like to welcome my new blog buddies, it's so nice to have you here! Thank you for joining me on my creative ride :)

I have just seen this fabulous sketch on the STAMPlorations website and just couldn't resist making a big mess. This was supposed to be a CAS card, but somehow I got carried away and just couldn't stop playing once I've seen my orange toned messy brusho background (used - lemon, orange, scarlet, brilliant red). I dried and left it.

I tore a few strips of a masking tape and attached these in the top middle section of another card panel and was going to make another version in turquoise now I had the brusho crystals out (used - turquoise & ultra marine). I wasn't sure about the result after removing the tape. Basically, the idea was to mask the stripes off and create the mess around it... I will have another go later. I however liked the splodgy looking turquoise strips and as you know orange and turquoise colours are just made for each other (in my books for sure...) so I decided to add them to my messy background and this is where I started playing with stamps and my white Signo pen, added a bit of Glossy Accents to Tim's stars, die cut the sentiment out of my black glittery fun foam and mounted the panel onto my base...




I hope you like my messy card. I shall look forward to reading your thoughts. What a mess, huh?! :) Love it :)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
STAMPlorations - bi-weekly sketch


"Just Us Girls" - #258, Watercolour (I hope you like my watercolour background)


The Mixed Media Monthly - #4 colour challenge:


Thank you for stopping by!

I have been working on a few projects that I cannot blog about so sorry if I have been a bit quiet. I will be back with something fun hopefully tomorrow or on Wednesday!

Big hugs,

Ingrid xxx

35 comments:

  1. what a fabulous design Ingrind.. that's an awesome mess indeed!
    GREAT!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite type of crafting is messy, loving the splodges and vibrant colours of your Brushos and especially the fun foam die cut words, they add fantastic dimension. Loving your card, more please! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mess!!! Beautiful colours and arty, love it! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ingrid...Ruth said exactly what I was thinking, what a gorgeous mess!! You captured all three challenges perfectly and I just love it all!! The colours are so rich and vibrant and I love the chevrons and stars, what a work of art!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is a mess (and I don't think it is), then it is a very arty one! I love the colours and the big drips. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep this is a wonderful arty mess Ingrid.....and I love it! Really funky card,love the colours used here. You make it look effortless but I bet it took ages to do :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful, I LOVE this one, and I think I NEED brusho! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this mess! Great design, very edgy. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your colors and the dripping technique...that doesn't sound right. LOL...The background looks fun and artsy! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful mess! I love your eye catching explosion of color!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant Ingrid, looks as if you had loads of fun with great results! Love this arty piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your colourful project Ingrid and as I have just purchased some brusho I look forward to using it. If they look anything like yours I will be delighted

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous "mess"!! I love the design and the colors really pop!! Great job with the challenge! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very artsy!! Love that bold black against the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous mixed project! Love all your colors with fun drips and splashes! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful "messy" card. lol Great colors! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not gonna lie, Ingrid, this is messier than I ever do, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing how other card artists get messy and magical with their cards!! Thank you for joining the sketch challenge at Stamplorations! It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower! I'd love to have you come by and join me, too, if you like! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card, Ingrid! I love the explosion of colors and this is such a beautiful "mess"! I heart grunge and your card is an awesome take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You card is simply splendid. The thing with brusho's is that they do take your creativity to places it may not have been lately!!! Brilliant make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, it's very expressive Ingrid!

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome way to make the sketch your own! Thanks for joining in with both STAMPlorations and JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Ingrid. This is a work of art. It deserves to be in a frame. So so happy you visited and are now following my blog. I am now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Ingrid, this is A-maz-ing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it when you get messy Ingrid :) Fabulous card ... fabulous colors ... amazing design. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, this is my favourite kind of mess! Grunge perfected! And thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so graphically cool! What a mess worth making!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Saw your comment on Kathy K's blog and thought I'd pay you a visit. Boy am I glad I did . . . LOVE your work. Definitely learning a thing or two.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous Mixed Media card! Love the colors and the design. Thanks for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your mess! I don't know Brusho (could be dangerous to my wallet...) but those tones are to die for. This card is so alive. Thanks for brightening the gallery at STAMPlorations ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is just amazing! Congrats on your Stamplorations win...well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  31. THIS is gorgeous!!! love the bold colors and the foam sentiment is great! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love the artsy grungy feel to this! Great colors, too. Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG!!! Only three words I LOVE IT :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.