Thursday, 25 September 2014

Speed Craft Challenge #3

Hello!

Apologies for not visiting your gorgeous blogs as often and for being absent, I've been awfully busy in the last week or so with a few projects that cannot be published just yet and with organization of our new challenge blog! So much to do, sometimes I wish days were a bit longer...

The Speed Crafters are back with another challenge! Whooohooo! What a toughie this one was!!

Keren, THE cardmaker of wonderful CAS cards has provided an image inspiration for us:




Thanks, Keren!:) It is a challenge at the end of the day so I got my thinking hat on and didn't come up with a thing! Then I was browsing through my paper stash and found a paper pack with a few VERY similar patterns! Lucky me, I thought!! Ha! 

So I gathered my supplies: 

Hit the timer and almost 10 mins later had this in front of me: 





Now, you might think this was easy! NOT! You try and figure out your diamond shape looking at dozens of triangles and then try to align them into another pattern whilst the time's ticking away! Wow! It was very confusing, and cutting out my shapes took most of the time, believe it or not. Doing my speed crafting in the morning hours is probably not the best idea either... It was another mad dash, nearly cut myself and had glue everywhere, but I had a great fun! :) 

Last but not least I have a big surprise for you!! *fanfares please!!* 

We have set up our very own brand spanking new challenge blog so that YOU ALL can have a go and show us what you can make in 10 mins!



The website was tirelessly worked on, our gorgeous banner and our badge created by our talented Pamellia and is just about there. So feel free to hop over to The Speed Craft Challenge Blog to check it out. There's a 'join with Google' button ready for you to hit so you can get regular updates in your blogger reader. Cool, right?! Once you have read our RULES (only a few...) and made something within 10 mins be sure to come back to show us what you've made! This challenge is only a bit of fun so for now there aren't any sponsors or funky goodies (well, there is a special award to our very first winner sponsored by Pamellia!), but it is a fun thing to do so don't be shy and have a go. If you have any questions feel free to email us. You can also grab our blog badge and display it with a link to our blog on your side bar so everyone can easily find us and have some fun! Thank you! 

Also, don't forget to visit the rest of the team's gorgeous blogs to see what they managed in 10 mins! :) You will find the links to their blogs on our new challenge blog. 

I'd like to enter this speedy card into the Simon Says Stamps Wed Challenge (Anything Goes) and the A Blog Named Hero challenge (pattern paper).

That's it for today! Thank you for visiting! I will be back soon with some more crafty fun!

All the best,

Ingrid xxx

10 comments:

  1. That's amazing what you can achieve in such a short period of time !
    A fabulous CARD Ingrid!
    hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your new look blog No.1,very clean and classy. Fab card too of course,love the scrabble tiles too,a very wonderful creation as always of course :)

    Big inky hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks fantastic Ingrid, I really love the whites and greys, so easy to read! Your card is "simply fabulous darling" (spoken with an Uptown New York accent, lol. Those triangles must have been very eye-boggling! Love the scrabble tiles, just genius! Thank you for the shout out, so sweet. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, great what you have achieved there! Lovely colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing design Ingrid and all under 10 minutes ... love it!! Don't know how you kept all those pieces from going everywhere!! lol! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design Ingrid, must give this a go sometime, although as I said to your Teamies I have never made a card in ten mins even if have it planned, but looks fun,
    Have a great weekend, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card and made in such a short time, brilliant.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout and all under 10 mins!! Tee hee. Love your new blog layout too - this is so much easier to read than the original. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous 10 min design, Ingrid! The perfect take on the inspiration photo. I shall head over and check out the new challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card in ten! I'll have to check the new challenge blog out, great idea and always impressed with what you all create for it.....think my card would still be blank after 10! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.