Saturday, 20 September 2014

Vintage Christmas Card



Hello!

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you will enjoy today's post! Big warm hugs to the new blog buddies, it's so great to have such talented souls close by! Thanks for joining me here!

A fly-by post today as I am in the middle of cooking and looking after two menacing hungry birdies. :)
I have a vintage Christmas card for you today! I made this card a while back, but had to wait to show it to you in case it got picked to be featured in a magazine. I haven't heard back so I guess they didn't like my grungy vintage Christmas card enough :) Well, I hope you will...








The entire card was made using Tim Holtz Distress Inks including the coloured Tiddly Inks image. The embossed banner is a coordinating folder that came with these gorgeous stamps in the Quick Cards magazine. Thank you, Quick Cards! Love these stamps, they are adorable!
I did a lot of sponging, sanding, die cutting and colouring, then sanding and distressing more. It wouldn't be a Christmas card without any sparkle so I used the gorgeous Sand coloured glitter frosting paste by GlitzCraft (to me it is a perfect toned down vintage gold colour of glitter, my favourite so far!!). I also used their stencil that came with the gorgeous MDF Stencil Kit. I added some distressed dyed ribbon and a piece of burlap from a tote that I didn't particular like :) A few double sided strips, staples etc... you get the idea!

The poinsettia is handmade by moi! I hope you like it ;) This is my first Christmas card for 2014! I'm sure you'll see many more in due course ;)

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
A Little Bit Crafty - distress it!
Try It on Tuesday - recycle it! (my burlap comes from an ugly sainsbury's tote :))
Crafty Creations - Vintage

Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs,

Ingrid xxx

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ingrid! I love that glitter paste, so sparkly! Wonderful poinsettia, and I love your little girl...so sweet! The burlap is such a wonderful vintage touch! Fantastic Christmas card! I really need to get a move on with Christmas! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if the mag isn't going to publish this it's their loss as it is just GORGEOUS, love the 'grunge' look and super adorable image....keep these coming.xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful card, rustic and graceful at the same time, just beautiful. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Ingrid, the flower looks amazing. Hope you have an envelope maker! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a stunning card, love the glitter and your flower.... well all of it really lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Foolish magazine to miss such a design highlight!
    That's an adorable creation Ingrid!
    LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and greatly composed. Love this beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ingrid this is so beautiful love, love that image the Poinsettia is gorgeous so is the card design I love anything vintage and this is one awesome make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think it is their loss Ingrid, I would have picked this card for sure, it is absolutely beautiful, the little image is delightful and your poinsettia is fabulous. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your Poinsettia is to die for....stunning and as Anne says the magazines loss. They were crazy not to pick your card. I love it.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous vintage card, it should have been published. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Their big loss Ingrid....how could anyone turn down the No.1 Crafters creation?!? Love this card,your poinsettias are truly stunning,they look so real.

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet vintage Christmas card Ingrid! Love the burlap layer and gorgeous Poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a great card, Ingird, love that Poinsettia! The burlap is a great touch, so are the gold leaves and text!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely amazing vintage card using a quite modern stamp. Love how you made the background and this poinsettia looks so beautiful. Have a nice Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ingrid. This is so sweet. Love the background and the poinsettia looks fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very sweet Ingrid. I looooooooooooove your holly background. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Silly magazine, doesn't know a beautiful project when they see it!! Well I sure do and I'm so glad you entered your stunning Christmas card into our Recycle It challenge!

    Hugs Pamellia
    Try It On Tuesday DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for joining us at TIOT, awesome card.EE

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute Christmas card. Love your dp. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so very sweet... I love it all but she is just adorable on here... the burlap is a nice touch too, Ingrid... love it all and your work is so very pleasing to look at... I think you have a lot of fun creating it too.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope no more, Ingrid! I don't like it, I LOVE it!! I can't believe there is a magazine anywhere that wouldn't be delighted to publish this extraordinary work of Christmas art!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Ingrid and wow what a beautiful card with so much texture and so much to see - the flower is beautiful and I love the burlap piece

    Hilda x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful card!
    And thank you for your lovely comments in my blog !
    hugs
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.