Thursday, 18 September 2014

Whimsical flower card - brusho bleaching technique...



Hello!

I can't believe it is already Thursday! Where does the time go?! I've had a busy few days as I have been working on a project that I can't publish. Doesn't it suck? i know... I really want to show you my altered birdhouse as I think it is a real cutie, but it's going to have to wait... I do however have a card to show you today so that's good, right? Before I go ahead and start rambling about how it was made I'd like to welcome my fabulous new blog buddies! What a gorgeous and talented bunch you are! I feel blessed to have you close by and will be exploring your blogs asap! Thank you for joining me on my crafty journey!

Today's card is quite special! It is not what I made, but who for... I recently sent a few crafty items to my dear crafty friend Donna and included this card. She just received it so I can show you now...

This card was made out of the background made with Brusho that I showed you HERE. These were my first experiments and this was one of the more blended and saturated backgrounds. I thought it was perfect for trying out the 'bleaching' technique.

The background was made simply by spraying a bit of water onto my watercolour paper, sprinkling Turquoise, Ultra Marine and some Emerald Green Brushos and spraying some more water on top...


Can you see the flower in the middle? No? Are you sure? No? Just me then... ok... :) A bit of drawing later...



Seeeee... told you there was one! I drew my whimsical flower using my Artist Pen by Faber-Castell...

I have a bit of bleach mixed in my large spray bottle in the kitchen for any quick disinfecting surfaces or removing some accidental artsy stains off of my worktop. I sprayed a little into my empty baby jar that is now used for arts and crafts and used my brush to highlight some areas of the flower and adhered it to my white card base. It looks like a picture now as it is painted and hand drawn, no stamping so... Donna, feel free to frame and display it! lol... just kidding... :) I hope you like it!




I'd like to enter this card into the autumnal inspiration challenge at the Our Creative Corner blog because my colours match with their inspirational images and those forest swirly flowers remind me of my whimsical flower.

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a fab day!

Ingrid xxx

20 comments:

  1. This is beautiful,just stunning.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and an even more beautiful drawing! Love it! And yes - I saw the flower too ;)

    Thank you for joining in our challenge at Our Creative Corner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Wonderful Colors. Thanks for showing Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can confirm that this card looks even more beautiful in the 'flesh'. I am going to frame it as well....pride of place on my wall of fame from my swaps :) No.1 Crafter is the best bloggy friend ever :))

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, love the colours. I must have Brusho, you are convincing me day for day how I need to buy some....Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ingrid, so beautiful! I just love your colours! I really would like to get my hands on some of this stuff. it makes such wonderful backgrounds! Your flower is gorgeous, and done by hand, wow! Donna is one lucky gal! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ingrid, your drawing is fabulous, I love the flower and your bleaching technique has worked a treat! Gorgeous! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks great, I just love the colorcombination!
    Thanks for playing along at Our Creative Corner.
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful artwork Ingrid, I just love your flower and that brusho background is stunning. I've been playing with brushos with our craft group at work and we've had so much messy fun lol. Looking forward to seeing your birdhouse too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning colours, so vibrant, a wonderful piece, your friend will love it.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is stunning Ingrid. The background you have created is so beautiful and your flower drawing is amazing!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spectacular drawing Ingrid, loving the Brusho background, together you have created perfection :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. SUPER gorgeous card love the image you drew, LOVE the gorgeous colouring.xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just Brilliant, Ingrid! Love the burst of colors, and you hand drew the flower...good going girl. The bleach effect is fantastic as if the light is pouring in! LOVE, LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Utterly beautiful Ingrid... I adore his card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ingrid this is stunning, so beautifully drawn ( how I wish I could draw) Donna is very lucky.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Ingrid. Not only a fabulous background using your new Brushos ... but a beautiful hand-drawn flower --- wow!!! Love the way you've bleached some of the areas to make highlights ... you are a true artist!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just on a catch up. This flower looks stunning!
    Love the background for your hand drawn image and the beaching really brings it to life.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning flower, stunning card, stunning colours, wow Ingrid, you are talented....adore this! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.