Sunday, 12 October 2014

Bewaaaare!!! Poison!

Good morning!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend? Mine started rather unusually and everything hurts right now! I have a muscle ache all over...! I consider myself quite an intelligent person, but sometimes I do really stupid things and my Friday shopping escapade was one of them. To elaborate...

Greg was going to help out a friend down in the country on Saturday so wasn't able to do our weekly shop by car. So I thought.. We need some milk anyway I'll take the suitcase and put my weekly shop in there.. I've done our weekly shop before putting it all in a pushchair. Silly, but when our car stopped working that was the only way in order to avoid trotting all the way to the shop with the kids three times a week! No way! This suitcase is one of those soft on top but has wheels. So anyway, I put it on the bottom of my deep trolley, start packing my full bags into it at the till, go outside and then attempt to remove about 30kg bag out of the deep trolley!!!
The trolley falls on its side making the nearby chap wondering if I'm sane and after a few swear words promptly leaving the scene. I was so exasperated by what happened I didn't realise that I could have removed the long handle out of the zip area of the bag, but instead I dragged it by the fabric handle! This would make it easier to pull the 30kg bag!!! I could barely walk next to the thing, dragging the blooming thing home, about 20 min walk out of which half is up the hill!!! I nearly died, sweated like a horse and pulled both of my arms! I think I even pulled a muscle, my hands were hot and pinched by the stupid fabric handle.. Only when I got home I thought to myself.. Surely this can't be pulled like this when you go on a holiday (you see, this is not a bag we used, it was Greg's mum's). So not only that I made a donkey of myself outside the Tesco's but also suffered like a dog for no reason. Why oh why didn't I get the long handle out!! I could have dropped dead by the time I got home! Now I hurt because of my own stupidity! :)


I however managed to finish my spookylicious creation so I can show it to you today! Yay! I must warn you, it is a bit freaky... :) I had so much fun making it! Even Isabella likes it! She said... oooh, nice spider, Mummy! And there I am, trying really hard to make it scary.. :)

Here's what it looked like before I got my hands on it...


I got this little box from the craft center in our park where we were glamping back in September, There was a box full of these little wooden and paper boxes and other bits and bobs that kids made and never collected. So I asked the assistant if I could raid it and after asking her about three times if some kid wasn't going to cry that I took his/her memory box I was able to take it home.

Here's what it looks like now...













I covered it in gesso, fabric, modeling paste, paint, hot glue vines, rusty ellements made with the Ranger Ink Rust embossing powder, handmade roses, feathers and other fun things.. the skelleton hand and the spider inside are made of a silver foil, covered in a tissue paper using mod podge and painted, I covered the spider with flock and sat him in a faux webbing. The heart was made the same way. I hope you like it! Feel free to share your thoughts :) Thank you!

Challenges entered:
Our Creative Corner - Go Rust-ic
Craft Hoarder's Annonymous - Happy Fall, Y'all!
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Ribbons, Twine & Fibers
Try It on Tuesdays - Animals (sorry about the creepy spider :))
A Little Bit Crafty - Boo!
Simply Create Too - Halloween (or use a lots of orange)

I'm sorry about the long post! I don't know when I will be able to craft and post next as I am undergoing an operation on my throat tomorrow early morning (Mon AM) so I guess I am making up for it :) I'm getting slightly nervous about it all, but I do hope to be back with something crafty very soon! I do expect to be in a lot of pain, but I will try to visit your gorgeous blogs and leave some love! Until then...

Have a fab week! Big hugs,

Ingrid xxx


53 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what a series of mishaps! But a beautifully scary creation! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Ingrid, I did all this but now I get it delivered to the door and I love it, wish it was around when the children were small....anyway....
    Your creation today is amazing, really stunning...take care now..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Ingrid, such a lot of happenings....I do love your creation today though.xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing and spooky and scary all at the same time. I love all the textures and details on this awesome project. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek, this is a beautiful project for Halloween, love it!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear....... one of those situations other find so funny, but it is very embarrassing lol.....you have made a stunning creation, hope the op goes well
    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous scary creation is this?! AMAZING!!!!! SPOOKY!!! COOL!
    You are really poor Ingrid.. I feel enormous sympathy for you----
    But you managed it- yeah! ....hope your muscle ache is a little bit better now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is stunning...the skeleton hand is Especially enchanting and the spider with te heart-- mind blowing!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ingrid. Well, I was scared :) LOVE the top of the box ... especially the hot glue vines --- so cool, and those rusty embelliments - awesome!! Need to get me some of the paint! :) But the skeleton hand closer was the topper ... eeeekkkk!!! I actually squealed when I saw it. Spider too (hate them in real life, love yours though!). So creative shaping it out of foil and covering it with tissues. You never cease to amaze me!

    So sorry about your tough shopping trip. I totally understand that you were stressed, so didn't see the proper handle that would have made the trip much, much easier. Have done things like that myself. Hope those aches and pains are gone soon.

    I know the operation will go well. Sending you healing hugs ~~~~. Take care, my friend. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh this is horribly spooky Inka...horribly spooky is good of course :)) wow that spider is massive,I love spiders but that one YUCK!!! Love it,seriously creepy...I bet a few people would be scared of this :)

    Extra big hugs
    Inky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your shopping trauma! Your Halloween make is just fabulous - scary but fabulous all the same. Love the hand as a closure.... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulously Spooky with so much interest and creative elements...Thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, what a surprise! Wonderful work. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, an awesome Halloween project, so many interesting elements to look at. Hope you have recovered from your shopping expedition and that all goes well for you tomorrow.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous spooky creation and love the hand clasping over your box. Hope all goes well with your op.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic spooky project! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Talk about AMAZING!!! I love it and all your wonderful and amazing details. So so spooky too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have just opened and spent good time, enjoying all the wonderful CREATIONS you have created... great ART... and GREAT Fun... but so sorry to hear all the bad news... and then surgery... I am sending you love and healing love to heal quickly and safely. Take your time and heal well... Love, Light and peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh, this is horrible, Ingrid!! I couldn't bear to look at the spider and had to scroll past it quickly! I love everything else about the box, including the skeleton hand, but that spider...
    Your shopping tale made me chuckle, hope your muscles recover soon, and best wishes for the op.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous piece Ingrid, love all the textures and details, especially the 'fastening'
    Hope everything goes well for the op today, take care
    Avril xx
    p.s. Thanks for sharing this at TioT

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a fabulous make Ingrid I love it. Can't believe you lugged all that shopping back in a case, no wonder you are aching! Sending lots of love for a speedy recovery. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Uber cool and scary box. It would certainly frighten me if I saw that spider in real life!

    Sorry to hear you ache unnecessarily . . .but we live and learn! Hope your throat op goes well. I prescribe lots of crafting to keep your mind off it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Ingrid, this is phenomenal! You blew my hair right off with this one! WOWSERS! I am loving every bit of it, the hand is especially creepy and of course your spider! Wonderful Halloween makeover!

    I am so glad you shared this with us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Animal' challenge!

    My wishes and hopes are with you today. I hope all goes well and you recover quickly! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. How perfectly spooky! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I forgot to say that thank you for sharing with Simply Create Too, but I believe that you forgot to add the link to our challenge. You can add it now :)

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maarit! Sorry, I had it there, I must have somehow deleted it by accident... strange... Thank you very much! xxx

      Delete
  26. Woah! Now THAT's creepy! A brilliant (and truly scary) Halloween project, Ingrid!

    Love all the imagination put into this piece! And it is brilliantly done. The idea of using the skeletton hand as the book's lock is genius! Thank you so much for sharing this awesome make with us at Our Creative Corner!

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, and I wish you all the best for your surgery! Get well soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful spooky project! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you, lovely souls, for stopping by and leaving sweet comments and well wishes! I just got back from the hospital. I will let you know more tomorrow... must rest now :) Big hugs,
    Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now that is just so amazingly cool Ingrid. Love the skeletal hand on the outside. Sorry you are sore. That sounds like a terrible experience.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful piece and amazing spider! Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my Ingrid!! u r such an amazing crafter, what a mind blowing master piece u created, I am in love with the details on this piece

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a creepy and totally cool project! Love all the details - that hand is super spooky! Sorry for your experience. Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW! The transformation from a child's memory box into something so very creepy is remarkable! I love the seam binding and flowers which bring a Gothic Romance feeling to the cover and then when you open the inside ..... I am sure I screamed LOL.
    Stunning creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! That Spider is VERY big! I love this! And truthfully, I never thought that I would like a spider this much. :) Ahhhh! Wonderful!

    I hope your feeling better by now. Sounds like your trip was no fun at all.
    Have a good week!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow.. your creation is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous project! Love all the texture! Spooktacular!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic box Ingrid, gorgeous texture and detail. The skeleton hand closure is genius.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Would love to see more of this Ingrid, it looks amazing and I can see loads of fab texture on it. Totally spooky lol! Hope you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Well at least you got your cardio in. :) What an awesome, spooktacular project you've created! Really great!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Ingrid,I don't know how I missed this! Oh my! this is so so spooky and hair raising! The skeleton hand is a stunner. Hope all well now..Take care dear. Hugs. Rupa

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hope your throat feels better soon, Ingrid. The happy part of recovery, should be your need to craft, rather than doing all those dreary tasks that don't boost our mood. T

    hank you for all the pictures. You have so many wonderful details, it would be a shame to miss any of them. I think what you put in the box is just fantastic. So unexpected, and glamorous in a ghoulish sort of way. I'm in awe of your 3D sensibilities. Thanks for sharing this great bit of Halloween fun.

    ReplyDelete
  43. poor you - I hope those arms are feeling better now Ingrid - love your makeover - its awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. super stunning project!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Stunning, the colours, roses, ribbons, rustiness! The hand is inspired, brilliant! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fabulous creation...Thanks for playing along with us at A Little Bit Crafty this month.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh my word! That hand closure! Awesome and soooooo creepy! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is just so wonderfully gruesome! Great job! I'm praying for a quick and pain free recovery! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is so COOL! And scary (LOL). I hardly get around to reading any blogs, but I'm glad I stopped by to read yours today. I hope you have recovered! Like I mentioned, I'm not into blogs that much and it's just because when I'm not working and I have some free time, I'm torn between blogging and crafting! I also have way to many interests and I'm just not great at time management. I think crafting and blogging go hand in hand though and I'm so happy when I can see a project and the creator shares there story and steps, it really helps me learn. Thanks for sharing and if you ever have feedback for me, I always welcome it - especially from an expert like you! I just read your comment below about spam and I think this is just one of the reasons I'm not totally thrilled to keep a blog up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I saw this over at Our Creative Corner and had to pop over and get a closer look. Oh My Gosh! The creepiness of this fantastic project is the best! Hugs and Happy Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely stunning! I thought it was incredible just looking at the cover, but then you opened it up and---wow!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Mixed Media Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  52. this. is. so. dang. AWESOME!!!!! I absolutely love it! I love how when it's closed the binding itself looks so creepy and textured. fantastic project. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.