Thursday, 2 October 2014

Birthday Butterflies

Hello!

Thank you for stopping by! This is a post no 200! Wow! What a crazy 9 months I've had :)

I'd like to welcome my new blog buddies! Thank you for joining me here! You're a fabulous and talented bunch! I hope you will enjoy my future posts.

What a week I've had so far!! There has been ups like winning the Top 3 at The Little Bit Crafty and downs like having to have to get a new washing machine and staring blankly at about 10 loads of washing whilst my younger daughter having 39*C+ temperatures for the last three days and nights and visibly in pain every night. I ended up not sleeping for three days and any sleep I got was sitting and holding her! I took her to the doctors on Tuesday, got some medicine and was asked to get a wee sample for them as they couldn't see any signs of an infection. Well, collecting a sample from a baby is easier said than done! They give you a sticky sachet to be attached and a nappy can be put on. Our first go was a massive failure as it all leaked out into her nappy, the second one she pooed on and the third go was a success! It turns out that there is not infection so it was probably her big teeth cutting through. My goodness!


Needless to say that I didn't do any crafting until today. It is impossible to craft with a crying one year old stuck to your leg... that if you can stay awake... however today was a better day and I got to make a quick-ish card using Brushos, my white Wow! embossing powder, the Jumbo butterfly by Stampendous and a bit of bleachy water. I also die cut a tag, made a little tassel and stamped my Hero Arts Sentiment with my black Stazon. I can't get enough of Brushos right now and this background was another one of my experiments. I tried to use them as watercolours and paint a poppy! Let's put it this way... I need more practice before I can show you a 'real' watercolour art. In the meantime, here's my card..


I hope you like it! Feel free to share your thoughts, I always like to hear from you.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog - Finishing Touch
Pan Pastel UK - Add some embossing
Try It On Tuesdays - Animals
Simply Create Too - It's a Special Occasion

I'm working on something spoooookylicious and hope to share it with you soon! :)

Many thanks and all the best!

Ingrid xxx

29 comments:

  1. FAB birthday card Ingrid! Love the colors and the pretty butterfly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fab design,this is beautiful.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, oh my what a week, poor little one. Hope she is improving. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday too! Nx

      Delete
  4. Love the card, sorry your week has been hard. Yes, I know the difficulties collecting samples from babies, poor you! Hope things soon go moe smoothly, teething is alwas a hard time for the whole family! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card ! Love the colours.
    Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning card,I love how you use the brushos...so much better at them then me! I am loving that stamp too...a new one on the list to buy :)

    Have just emailed you

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love to visit your site Ingrid - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, love the background, those Brusho's can get addictive. Hope you little one its feeling a little better. Teething is hard for all of you.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Ingrid! I love the background. Hope your little one is back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a hectic week for you Ingrid, hope everything settling down now. The joys of motherhood. I'm amazed you found even a little time to craft, but the switch off will have reenergised you. Love your colour choice on this card very striking next to your butterfly.
    Hope you have a better weekend, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wouldn't know how bad life is with a poorly ickle one i can imagine though...

    Hope you manage some sleep very soon Ingrid, you need to be good to look after you both!

    Beautiful card, love love love the butterfly and the Brusho background.

    So huge congrats on the good things and please take care. Thank you for taking some of your very prescious time to visit my blog & leave comments. Not easy when running on low.

    Take care:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Brusho cards are stunning, Ingrid! I must get myself some of those! I am sorry the baby is having a rough time teething and I hope she settles and feels better soon so you can get some rest, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card - with special techniques...another masterpiece Ingrid!
    Adorable!
    Happy weekend dear Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah bless, poor little thing, new teeth are never easy! Hope you both get some much needed rest. Your experimentation with the Brushos is going well, I would say, the colours on this are just gorgeous and I love the beautiful butterfly. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWESOME LOVE IT the colours, papers and added goodies are just beautiful.xxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous butterfly card . . . it's inspired me to play later.

    Hope your daughter feels better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your daughter will be better soon, remember those days... and hearing about them from my daughter with my sweet little granddaughter.
    The card you created with Brushos is fabulous, those colors!! Also love the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! That butterfly image is fabulous and I love the Brushos background.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Ingrid! You have really mastered those Brushos! Sounds like you have had a dreadful week! I hope Chloe gets to feeling better real soon, poor little dear! Happy weekend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy Ingrid, how exciting to see you over at Try it on Tuesday! Thank you so much for joining our 'Animal' challenge! Hugs

      Delete
  20. So gorgeous Ingrid. Am loving what you've been creating with these amazing Brushos ... gorgeous, saturated colours --- just wow! Sorry to hear about baby being sick and so glad it's nothing infectious. Such a worry when they are so little and helpless. Take care and hope you get some rest soon. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Ingrid, love the brusho background, looks so rich.
    Have just bought some today, can't wait to play.
    Hope your little girl is feeling better now.
    Avril xx
    p.s. Thanks for sharing at TioT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This card is really stunning! You've created some really beautiful finishes and textures on this that I don't think I've seen before. I love how the colors are so energetic and how you incorporated so many clever techniques. You created something so lovely despite your hectic week. We'll hope for smoother sailing next week! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ingrid, this is a lovely card. I have loads of brusho inks from when I used to teach, must get them out and use them again. The background on this card is so deep and lush, gorgeous.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is beautiful!! Love the colours and the rich blue. I hope your daughter feels better soon, it is hard when the little ones are sick. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my God!! How do u do this :) you create the prettiest of BG . I like the starry night on this one

    ReplyDelete
  26. Spectacular card, Ingrid. I have yet to try Brushos but love the results. And your sentiment seems to have movement like the butterflies and speckles. Perfect match. Thanks for gracing the gallery at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card Ingrid, adore the colours! Hope your little one is feeling better soon. Thank you so much for joining in over at Pan Pastel UK xoxxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.