Friday, 3 October 2014

CAS Card with a Sequin Butterfly Embellishment

Hello!

I promised you another post today so here it is. You can read my first post HERE.

I recently read a description of 'CAS' (clean and simple) style and one of those characteristics was to keep these kind of cards embellished to minimum. Well, I'm a giiiiirl! I like bling and I like shiny and I want my card to look pretty so I decided to be a little bit rebellious and came up with an idea. I thought... what if my focal point was some kind of a bling! Ha! It went from there...






...in a slightly different angle... 


I stamped my Jumbo butterfly (one of the pretty trio) by Stampendous onto a white card and heat embossed it in silver pearl (Wow!). I sponged it using the Picked Raspberry  Distress Ink and fussy cut it out. The next step was fun and messy.... I spread some of the Light Molding Paste by Liquitex all over my flutterfby, and covered it with a mix of pink iridescent sequins, let it dry and that was it. I like how the paste took over the pink ink.. I wanted the butterfly to be chunky and shiny.

In the end I glued the butterfly onto my white card base using foam squares under his wings to give it a little lift and some Glossy Accents in the middle and used it for my scattered sequin trail too. The sentiment (Avery Elle, Petals & Stems set) was stamped onto a banner and embossed using my pretty gold pearl powder. There you have it it is clean, it is simple and blinged up too so perfect for a special occasion! Ta daaah! I hope you like it!

Challenges entered:
Virginia's View Challenge - CAS (I loved your description, Virginia! :))
Country View Challenge - Sparkle & Shine
Try It On Tuesdays - Animals
Simply Create Too - It's a special occasion!

Thank you for stopping by! I look forward to your sweet comments! Have a fantastic weekend! I will be back soon!

Big hugs,

Ingrid xxx

28 comments:

  1. Your opalescent butterfly is wonderful and very CAS, this is one of the styles of card i love to make, think you have rocked this one :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and wonderful butterfly with lovely shiny embellishments. I also love the simple and clean style.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! That butterfly looks fabulous and glamorous! Love all the shimmer and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely♥♥♥
    I like all that shine !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ! love all the bling !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee Inka,you have done it this time,I LOVE it....beautiful card and it's a winner,no doubt :) I really have to get these stamps now...I have NO self control....your fault!

    Extra big hugs

    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ingrid, think your on to a winner here. So beautiful, feminine and classy. Hope your little girls is a bit better now.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful sparkling butterfly, its a wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne.
    Hope you little one is feeling a little better. today

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most beautiful butterfly I have ever seen! Way to step up a CAS card! It's so glimmery, I want to touch it!!

    I'm so excited to played along with us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Animal' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the challenge and love how it shines. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  11. A CAS design and that butterfly is sooooooo pretty and feminine! Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love-love this! It's super girly with all the bling and shiny things--just fabulous! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always come up with the most creative ideas. Love your sparkling butterfly card!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Ingrid, I've seen this style of card before but this is even better.
    The butterfly is very special.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeoud !! Love the use of sequins :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this butterfly Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who doesn't love blings...? This is so gorgeous, Ingrid! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So delicate and very beautiful Ingrid. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable and sweet...loving this absolutely stunning creation and lots of gorgeous blings..xx.
    Don't forget I have candy .xxx
    aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - a very, very, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous,love all the sparkle and shine. Thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fabulous butterfly!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  23. Clever, clever, clever--great way to incorporate all that fab bling!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgous. The butterfly is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Ingrid on your top 3 win, so pleased for you. This one stood out for me from the very beginning on CVC with that pretty sparkle xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations, Ingrid, on your Top 3 pick on CVC! So well deserved! I love this sparkly butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.