Friday, 31 October 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: Anything Goes

Hello and Happy Halloweeeeeeen! Mwaahaahaaaa!

It's Friday again! Where does the time go?!

This week's challenge over at the Crafty Catz is 'Anything Goes' and was chosen by our sweet Carol, the best boss lady ever :) It is Halloween and I know I should have made something fitting, but I am somehow in a Christmas mood and for me making Christmas cards is a sweet reminder that Crimbo is just around the corner! I can't wait! Before I show you what I made for this challenge I would like to mention that we have TWO sponsors this week:




The Paper Nest Dolls are a collection of original artwork, all done hand, by Christine Young the founder. All artwork is unique and inspired by one of Christine Young's children and then turned into a rubber or digital stamp.

prize is $25 to the Paper Nest Dolls




prize

My Card: 



Isn't that glittery shimmer pretty?! First, I created my front panel using my new Cling Film Emboss Technique and the gorgeous frantage by Stampendous (Shabby White). I cut it to size, rounded my corners on both, the panel and my white base and adhered the panel to my base. I added a golden strip and a sentiment. The pretty poinsettia is stamped on a card that was colorised using the Barn Door Distress Ink by Tim Holtz. The stamp is by Penny Black and it came with a craft magazine! Gorgeous! I stamped it twice, cut out two different sizes out of it and put together. The center is heat embossed using the same frantage and some golden caviar micro beads. I hope you like it! Have you tried the cling film emboss technique yet? If not, I must warn you... it is quite addictive! I made a number of backgrounds like this so this is not the last card you are seeing using this technique :) 

Now hop over to the Crafty Catz to check out more inspirational creations from my lovely team mates.. 


Thank you for stopping by! Have a fabulous Halloween night and a great weekend! 

Ingrid xxx 






16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ingrid love the flower and beautiful back ground have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous design and a fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful card with your embossing, have a good weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a super elegant Christmas card! Love the frantage film technique and your poinsettia is gorgeous! The gold 3d sentiment is so classy, what a festive and fabulous card! Happy Halloween my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,stunning card Inka,loving your new technique. Your poinsettia is just wonderful too,you rock girl :)
    Extra big blingy hugs
    Inky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card, I must get started sooner of later, too. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous festive card Ingrid, love the poinsettia and I'm off to check out this new technique, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, loving the poinsettia very much, very elegant and classy Ingrid :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very elegant design for the festive season.
    Julie s

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love the background embossing.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love to see what you create every time I visit your blog, you keep on amaze me. A very elegant and sophisticated card, perfect for X-mas wishes. Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty? No, I'd say it was beautiful or gorgeous or stunning! This is a truly WOW card, Ingrid!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Ingrid, really so beautiful and elegant...perfect Christmas card.....love the sparkle...wow...
    Have a good week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the background with all that texture and the splash of color provided by the flower really looks great on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow ... love the sparkle of your cling film technique paired with the shabby embossing enamel ... must give it a try!! I have this Penny Black stamp, but only in one size. That's my next organizing job for my studio ... going to stamp all my rubber stamps and then scan them into my computer so I can change sizes and use them also as cut files for my Cameo ... oh to have the time to get that done!! :) LOVE the way you've fussy cut the poinsettia, layers and shaped ... it looks real!! Always inspired when visiting your blog Ingrid. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sparkly gold BG and the bold red of poinsettia :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.