Friday, 10 October 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: Autumn

Hello lovelies!

Happy Friday to you all! It's time for a new challenge over at The Crafty Catz Challenge Blog. This week's challenge is called 'Autumn' and this theme was chosen by our lovely Janette. Autumn is awesome ... unless you live in London and your kitchen roof decides to leak!!




Our sponsor this week:


PRIZE ......$15 voucher to the Fred She Said Store.

AND


My Creative Classroom is an online arts and crafts learning center. Our interactive and in-depth courses are instructor led and filled with wonderful projects and techniques to help you get the most out of your supplies. We currently have over 25 different instructors with many years of crafting and teaching experience. My Creative Classroom is proud to have Donna Salazar, Patty Debowski, Marie Browning, Teri Martin, Catherine Scanlon, the Zutter Zisters and many other talented teachers on our staff. We've been bringing online classes to the world wide web since 2006. My Creative Classroom has had students from all over the world participate in our classes.

My art journal page: 






Autumn is awesome and I love playing with the colours that represent it. I love the browns, reds, oranges, yellows and dulled greens... I love nature and I think this is why I really enjoyed creating my inspirational piece. I felt like making something a little different so enlarged my lovely pumpkin image designed by the fab Fred She Said and printed it. The idea was to do an image transfer onto my art journal page. I created my background using my white gesso and stenciled Liquitex paste through my handmade 'bubbles' stencil. I painted it in a few different brown and gold acrylics, let it dry for a minute or two and wiped it all off with a baby wipe. This is what created the grungy look. The printed image was transferred, painted over with more mod podge matte and coloured in using my Big Brush Pens by Faber-Castell. I wanted the entire page to look vintage and grungy so was so happy with the background peeking through and added only a little bit of colour with the pens. I also used quite a lot of brown coloured pens to keep the vintage look. In the end I added some Rust Embossing Powder by Tim Holtz here and there, stenciled my frame, added brads to it, painted it in gold, added more rust, shaded with my brown Big Brush Pen... you get the idea. In the end I added my 2014 and other elements to the page using the Tim Holtz rub-ons and stamped my mesh here and there. I had a great time making this page! Love how it turned out. I will most likely do some doodling and some journaling later on. I hope you like it! 

Do hop over to the Crafty Catz blog to see what my lovely team mates created for you this week! You will be amazed by their creativity!



Challenges entered:
Frilly & Funkie - Autumn colours
Crafty Creations - use orange
Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog - Falling in love...
Our Creative Corner - Go Rust-ic
Craft Hoarders Annonymous - Happy Fall, Y'all!

Thank you for stopping by, have a fabulous weekend!

Ingrid xx

30 comments:

  1. Morning Ingrid, I love your work of art, it is gorgeous and so creative...
    Have a wonderful week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful creation, love how you did it, have a good weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing page Ingrid!
    I wish you a happy weekend- tried out you technique with the oilpastels yesterday and it was great!
    I will do this more often in the future for sure!
    Thank you once again for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ingrid lovely creation this week and always lots to learn on your blog great write up too. Have a good weekend. Hope your kitchen roof hasnt sprung a leak

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love,love,love this Inka,wonderful journal page. Captures autumn beautifully,one of my favourite creations from you :)

    Big inky hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid that is gorgeous, love all the autumnal colours. have a great weekend, Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the rustic fall feel to this project! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Autumnal colours are always a winner, they are warm and inviting and remind you of cosy nights snuggled up... Fantastic page as always Ingrid :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ingrid you blew me away with this page, it's gorgeous, you are so creative, a wonderful piece of art, have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic autumn colour shades, the page and images look fantastic.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right about the images of the pumpkins being fabulous - they are and so is your wonderful page Ingrid! I love this. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ingrid! Love how you used this image in your project. The page look fantastic with all the mixmedia. wish I was braver...

    Have a great weekend!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and beautiful just love this have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card, love the texture and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! Love the golden detail! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE all the layers, textures and techniques! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the detail of your project! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the journal page and all the colours and textures.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful colors! Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! Absolutely love your pumpkins.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Ingrid, your project is the most original one this week, LOVE how you made this texture. Autumn is so inspiring, isn't it? Have a nice, creative week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow yet another awesome piece !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Ingrid this is absolutely stunning, wow, the image, colours and your design work is superb.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful journal page Ingrid, the white is so effective in helping create this gorgeous vintage look. Love this! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  26. The depth of color you achieved here is just astounding! I love that image and what you did with it! Such a wonderful art piece! Exceptional! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful work of art! So rustic and warm feeling. Thanks for joining us at CHACB!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fantastic journal page Ingrid. Love the way you've made those pumpkins so lifelike. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.