Thursday, 9 October 2014

Speed Craft Challenge #4: Ink Sprays & Spritzers

Hey!

How are you today?

I'd like to welcome my lovely new followers. I hope you enjoy the journey... Thank you for joining me here!

If you are new to my blog then you will find that Keren Baker and I have recently got a few talented crafty souls together and set up a new blog called the Speed Craft Challenge. The idea is to create ANY type of creation (a tag, a card, an ATC, an art journal page, crochet something,... the possibilities are endless...) but you have only 10 mins to craft! The good thing is you can think about it first, gather your supplies and then hit the stopwatch. Our challenges are bi-weekly, every other Thursday and usually have a theme. This time it is Nikki's turn to pick a theme and her choice is 'Ink Sprays & Spritzers'. How cool is that?!

I really went for it and wanted to create a tone-on-tone tag. Well, the colour idea worked, the fact that it was done at speed is obvious :) Regardless of this I had fun! It was messy inky fun. I created some texture with leftover papers and laces that were mod podged at speed, barely dried when a slap of gesso went on. Dried at speed using my heat gun adding my Calypso Teal and Midnight Blue Dylusions sprays on top. Again, heat dried, tried spraying over a harlequin stencil and added water as it was too dark making the pattern to drip a bit, drying again,.. well, it was madness. In the end I added a bit of glitter frosting paste by GlitzCraft using my finger and was done. I tried some doodling at the last minute, but this was a crazy idea as half of the tag was still damp so my pen didn't want to work..

Here are some photos... it was very sunny when I took them.. not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing, but here they are...





...this last one was taken in a normal light... 

yep, went over, was battling with the pen at the time and missed it... 

I hope you can join us with the challenge that will run until 21st October. There is a Linky tool that you can link your post to so don't hesitate and join the fun! :)

If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment here or over at the Speed Craft Challenge blog. Also, feel free to grab our badge for your blog, if you wish.

Have a great day! All the best,

Ingrid xxx

10 comments:

  1. Amazing tag Ingrid! I love the use of laces to make your texture, no need to wait for texture paste to dry, genius! Wonderful blues! Great job, you speedy crafter you! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,so detailed Inka in 10 minutes,a rhapsody in blue :). I love it,sweet little birdie

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you made, looks like a fin challenge! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shades of blue, its a super tag.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - can't believe this only took 10 mins - sounds like my type of challenge with time being so tight at the moment! hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colours Ingrid, can feel the frenzy to finish coming through very clear.

    Beautiful embellies and lovely texture, am off to make mine have just got image in head & supplies gathered... Ready, Steady, Bake i mean Craft!!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors and shimmery too! All this in 10 mins...a pat on the back Ingrid. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag Ingrid! Love the shimmery background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag Ingrid. Love the saturated colors .. beautiful! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.