Monday, 27 October 2014

TECHNIQUE ALERT!!! - Cling film emboss

Hello!

I'm very excited to share a new technique with you! I came up with it yesterday when I was showing my dear Mum something whilst crafting. I got the idea and had to try it right away and to my delight... it worked! And it worked beautifully! It is soooo simple and effective you will really enjoy this one!

I'm going to show you a couple of backgrounds and the finished cards first and then I will talk you through the process...




My two fun backgrounds... 
the one on the left is a white Wow! embossing powder and the other is a clear one... I used Distress Inks to sponge over he embossing and splattered some water over the cards... 

My two cards... 



The stamps used on my cards are both from the fun 'LOL' set by Hampton Art. 

Now let me explain how it is done. I took some photos for you last night so that you could see it in action...

Step 1: tear a piece of a cling film, doesn't have to be much, lay it on your mat and crinkle it a little bit whilst still flat on your mat, like this...


Step 2: take your clear embossing ink (or whatever you want to use for embossing) and pat over your cling film...

Step 3: take your cling film and gently straighten it up again, i.e. pull the crinkles apart...

Step 4: lay the inked up cling film over your cardstock and press down or you can use your brayer over it....


Step 5: remove the cling film and sprinkle an embossing powder of your choice over the cardstock and heat up! You can now go ahead and use whatever you want to colour your cardstock with to reveal the pattern or if you used a coloured powder you already have a pattern... I used the Tim Holtz Rust embossing powder in this case...


I made it into a Halloween tag that I will share with you in a separate post...

Excited? Great! Now give it a go and have fun with it! You will never get the same pattern so each card or a tag will be unique! You can use coloured embossing powders, clear or white or whatever your heart desires... the possibilities are endless! You can make this pattern small or big, on a small tag or a large journal page.... it's entirely your choice! Is this fun or what?!!

I'd like to enter my two fun cards into the following challenges:
STAMPlorations - Stamps & Embossing (Oct challenge)
Scribble & Scrap - Challenge #30

Thank you for stopping by today! Don't forget to re-visit to check out my spooky Halloween tag later on! If you are a newbie then know that I like to share tutorials and new technique I come up with, like my Tie Dye technique or my Crinkle Transfer technique, and it would be lovely if you could join my little blog with Google so that you don't miss my net bright spark :)

Thank you! back soon with the tag!

Hugs,

Ingrid xxx

20 comments:

  1. Great technique Ingrid, love finding new things to try. Hope you are feeling better, hugs Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great technique Ingrid, it looks very effective on your tag. Thanks for sharing it! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are one smart crafter Inka...what a brilliant technique. Will definitely try this one out,I still haven't figured out how you dream up all these ideas :)

    Extra big hugs
    Inky. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super idea, thanks for sharing. Will have to try this sometime.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous technique, thank you for sharing with us. I definitely want to try this one, it's such a cool effect. Hope you're feeling better now too and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too, if I ever change my mind I'll def be in contact xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ingrid, have just seen your fabulous tag and had to find out about the background, will give this a try. Thanks for sharing.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I tried almost this exact thing, only with waxed paper, NEVER got this amazing result! I am definitely going to try your version, the effect looks fantastic! You are so creative my friend! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG . .. I am DEFINITELY going to have to try this out. Your results are superb. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your technique on the Wow Twitter page. I gotta try this. I love fun embossing techniques!!! THANKS for sharing!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I so want to try this. I love the bg in your tag and these fun cards too -great sentiments! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your ideas Ingrid, looks fun and needs to be done. This would make amazing Christmas backgrounds with glitter over the top:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Already made one like that, you will see it on Friday ;) x

      Delete
  12. Very cool technique Ingrid. I'll have to give it a try. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, Ingrid - I'm definitely going to have to try this technique! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creations, I love this technique, will have to give it a try, thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing background. Love that technique! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love me a good technique - this is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So bright and cheerful. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks a amazing technique, I can't wait to try it!
    Thanks for the tutorial!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.