Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Clever masking

Hi, lovely people!

I'd like to thank you for all your sweet comments recently! It is not easy to adjust to a full-time job, leaving the babies at home, but coming home to such sweet comments makes things so much better :) I will be visiting shortly myself... before I do though I have two last minute cards that I've been wanting to show you since the weekend, but couldn't. Why, you ask... it's so dark when I get up and I come home in a dark again... I simply cannot seem to take a decent photo! Time to get or make a light box! Well, I took pics this morning, they are not as light and bright as I'd like, but they will give you an idea of what the cards look like... I say CARDS, because I have two to show you. I promised, right?! ;) I will do it separate posts though so I can enter them into a challenge I made them for...

These cards were made with the Craft Stamper Challenge in mind. The design was created using a border stamp by Recollections and my Memento Inks. Let me tell you a little bit about my card no 1...






The entire design is created using one border stamp and two inks. One in an espresso colour and one in pear tart, both are Memento inks. First, I masked of my tree area and stamped with the espresso ink. I kept the other two pieces of my posted note so once my background was done I masked off the background to stamp my tree in the pear tart colour, lining up the stamp pattern as thoroughly as possible. I finished the card of with a little tab for my sentiment and heaps of my diamond stickles to give a real festive feel! :)

I will tell you about the other card very shortly... keep an eye out on my next post! ;)

Challenges entered:
Craft Stamper Magazine - Take It, Make It: November (use non-christmas stamps to create a christmas card)
Try It on Tuesdays - Christmas is coming
"Less is more" - Jingle all the way (anything Christmasy)

Thank you for stopping by! Big hugs,

Ingrid xxx

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous stamping Ingrid, this looks great. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, super job masking and matching up. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. And wonderfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow,now this is a work of art Inka,where do you get your fab ideas from?! This one is really stunning and so different,brilliant:)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for using a border stamp ..... very clever! Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, really something different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! so effective. Looooove this. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO effective Ingrid... very clever stamping and masking too... it looks fab!
    Thanks so much for joining in the challenges at Craft Stamper and "Less is More"
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beauty Ingrid and very unique . . . thank you so much for joining us for the Take it Make it Challenge over at Craft Stamper, good luck. xoxox

    I remember how hard it was all those yrs ago going back out to work ... sending you hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tree Ingrid, thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card, love how you used the die cuts. Thanks for sharing it with us at TioT's as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool!! I LOVE the fun technique. I want to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, Ingrid! This is lovely! It's so fun that I never know what to expect when I have my special Ingrid-visiting time... I just know that I will be one happy cookie! :o) I LOVE how you used the border stamp! Such an inspired idea and perfectly executed. Your colors are so pretty together and I love that you chose a lacy stamp. It adds the most festively beautiful elegance. Wonderfully done, my friend! I hope you're well on your way to adjusting to working again. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super clever stamping and a lovely sparkle tooThanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liking your clever masking Ingrid, very cool one layer card with depth and dimension :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ingrid! :) What a clever idea, this is great and just shows what you can actually do with limited supplies too! Hope the new job is going well and you've fully recovered from your tonsillectomy...
    I do need to crack on with my Christmas cards.
    big hugs
    Georgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever stamping and masking Ingrid!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great techniques Ingrid and I love the little sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWSERS Ingrid! You know, I have this stamp set and I have hardly ever used it, how silly do I feel now that I see the amazing creations you have made using it! What an absolute fabulous holiday card! I couldn't live without my light box, feels like it's always dark around here, especially in the winter time! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Christmas is Coming' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  20. Beautiful project, thanks for joining us at TIOT! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have been visiting your blog for a while now Ingrid and oh my am I loving what you are creating! This card is so inspired and so very, very clever! Well I finally got around to leaving a comment. Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2015! Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.