Friday, 28 November 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: Anything Goes

Hello!

I hope you've enjoyed your week? Thank Goodness it's Friday! 

It's time for a new challenge at the Crafty Catz and our sweet boss lady Carol has chosen your favourite 'Anything Goes' theme for this week. 







The sponsor for this week is..Fitztown.. 


Fitztown is a group of talented artists and crafters. we make a variety of products including fine art, sculpting, woodcrafts, papercraft, cardmaking and many more

PRIZE.....3 digis of their choice. 

I had this fun dopey looking doggie to work with this week... not an easy task! I refused to let it beat me so I got my thinking hat on and came up with this... 


How did I do it... I thought I was clever and decided to trace my image with my sentiment onto the front of the baby vest using a carbon/tracing paper. Well, after going over the entire image there was not a dot on the top from the tracing paper!! One - I felt really stupid that I didn't check earlier, two - I had to find another way! I'm quite stubborn and when I come up with something... I thought the next best thing was to push harder onto my copy paper with the image on it... this made an indent in the fabric and I then went over it with a super-fine permanent black pen (ok to use on fabric..). Now, you might think that was easy! I now know how patient you have to be if you work as a tattoo artist! I had to 'dot' on the line instead of 'dragging' the pen on the fabric for it to look good. It took some time. I added a tiny red bow to the dog's head. The wording says: 'Just 'cute'?! I bite..!!' and I think that's pretty self-explanatory... this is a newborn size top ;) 

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you'll find some time to visit my teamie's blogs to see their fab makes for this week! Alternatively, hop over to the Crafty Catz blog by clicking on the image below... 


Hugs, 
Ingrid xxx 

18 comments:

  1. what a fabulous make, I would never have thought to do that lol have a good weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well fabulous Ingrid just love it and you must have had some patience to do this have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You done a great job there Inka,it's really sweet actually.

    Roll on the weekend :)

    Big hugs

    inky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet creation - fantastic idea Ingrid!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! I wonder if there is such thing as iron on transfer paper for things like this? I like that you persevered and made this work. It came out really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingrid your patience has paid off it looks really good. For next time you can get a fabric transfer pencil you trace it and then iron it on and the pencil transfers to your fabric.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, it looks fabulous! Can imagine you must have worked quite long on this, but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good grief, what a lot of work! You are stubborn! It was worth it, this is too cute my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Ingrid this is just so darn cute, what a fantastic idea it really is adorable, have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for finding the patience to do this unique design on the newborn top xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever way to use this image Ingrid! :) Sorry I haven't been by much ... life has gotten in the way of visiting! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Ingrid! Isn't this just delightful?! What a unique and beautiful use of this little puppy stamp! I never would have thought to go this route... you are so clever! The effort (and patience!) required to pull it off was well worth it, as it is such a lovely project. The sweet tiny bow is such a pretty accent. How precious a little newborn will look in this! Another wonderful project from you, my friend! I hope your weekend is filled with love and sunshine. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely have dogged determination lol! Fabulous onesie, exceptionally cute:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome project for this weeks challenge! Hope you're having a great weekend. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry for beeing a bit late, but I have not been so well this weekend.
    Ingrid I think you is such a creative person, I would never thought of that. But I love the project. Great idea. You got me thinking about some other images for a bigger kid. You could print them on a iron on paper?
    Hope you have a great week
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am going to say that again: this project is brilliant, Ingrid! What a creativity! Hope your next week will be more 'friendly' for you!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.