Friday, 7 November 2014

Crafty Catz Challenge: Ribbon & Lace

Hello!

I can't believe how swiftly this week has gone by! Some of you have asked about my recovery so thank you for asking, I'm slowly getting there! It's been three weeks and possibly one of the worst. I was in a lot of pain especially when eating, drinking, swallowing,.. you know, the usual every second or so tasks... so I was on some Ibuprofen and some magical opium based pain killers which happened to mess up my stomach, in the end made me sick so I had to stop taking them all and just soldier through it. You don't want to throw up when you just had your tonsils out, it HURTS! Three weeks later, I'm off the devilish pills as the pain is manageable and am eating, drinking and starting to job hunt! Am I glad I did it? Heck yeah! And yes, I am job hunting... before Christmas... call me crazy :) Property Management, here I come! Don't worry, I shall be keeping my blog ;) 

There's a new challenge kicking off this morning over at the Crafty Catz Challenge blog! Our talented Naomi has chosen a lovely theme: 'Ribbon & Lace'



There's your clue! :) Do what you will with it, but join in the fun and play along! You could win a sweet prize of ....

7 images of your choice 

from 


Cool, right?! 

Here's what I played with the other day... 






It all started with me gluing a piece of a cream mulberry gorgeousness full of fun fibers and textue onto a piece of a white card. I spritzed it with a bit of water and ran it through my trusty Cuttlebug using a pretty Christmas folder. The raised areas were sponged a little using my Gathered Twigs Distress Ink (well, you can do much sponging on such surface so you need to tickle it more or less...). The image was printed, coloured using my colour pencils (I tried to make it look vintage too by adding some brown so hope it worked ;)), again sponged, sanded, abused, decorated using my thin double sided tape and some dyed lace (again, Gathered Twigs). I did the same with the pretty fabric ribbon/lace, made it into a flower and added a brad that had a touch of rust added to it (Tim Holtz Rust Embossing Powder). I also applied the tape to the edges, sprinkled with the same embossing powder and heated it. Fun, right?! The rest you can image... 

I hope you like my rusty vintage Christmas card... feel free to leave me a comment or three, I always like to hear from you! 

Challenges entered: 
Crafty Creations - Brads, Buttons or Bows
The Ribbon Girl - Christmas Card
Wow! Embossing UK - Mixed Media

Thank you for your visit! I hope you enjoyed the post! There's more to come so keep an eye out today! ;) 

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx  

21 comments:

  1. Oh poor you Ingrid, I am sorry for you, nothing worse than being in pain...alot of these meds do cause problems with the stomach, stick to paracetamol if you can...sending you hugs...
    Your card design is gorgeous and I love the flower...
    Have a pain free week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Good luck with job hunting. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awful... pleased your throat is begging to feel better. good luck job hunting.I love your flower and the lace around the image, have a good weekend
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy snickerdoodles Ingrid, this is amazing!! I just love the vintage feel to this card and it's got some of that shabby that I just love! Wonderful image and fabulous embossing folder! You can just send that one right on over! lol

    Thanks for leaving me the link for that paper, I am definitely going to try and get some. Yes, of course you can share the card I sent you, I would be completely honoured!

    Sending big huge healing hugs my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, loving the image used and the whole design.xx
    aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are feeling much better Ingrid, nasty to have your tonsils out as an adult!

    Beautiful card, loving all the layers and the flower is awesome :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, love the lace details and layers. Glad you are feeling a bit better now.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear that you are feeling much better now and I am wishing you the very best of luck in finding a brilliant job! Love your card, it has a lovely vintage to it. Big healing hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. O Ingrid sorry to hear you are still in pain nothing as worse just keep taking the tabs and hope you are feeling better soon take care and i just love your gorgeous card fabulous colour's and love the flower try to have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card !
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challengeblog,
    Hugs
    Willeke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cor,I'm late with my comment! This is super cute Inka,very vintage looking
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful Christmas card! love the vintage look of your card! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear that it has been a long and painful recovery Ingrid. Hopefully the worst is over and you'll soon be feeling back to your normal self. Definitely worth it, because tonsillitis is also very painful and can happen frequently. Now you won't have to deal with that! :)

    Beautiful vintage card. Love the background ... adding the mulberry paper and then embossing ... genius! The image is so sweet, great colouring and your addition of browns does give it a vintage-y look. LOVE the lace flower with the glittery edge. Great job Ingrid! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunner of a card Ingrid, love the whole vintage feel and colour and your ribbon and lace flower is beautiful. Glad to hear your recovery is moving forward, it's no fun when the tablets they give us to help actually make us feel worse! Good luck with the job hunting and have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I believe Ingrid you are feeling much better at the moment and I really know what you mean with your stomach... I have to admit your card is the best one in this challenge, I love it, love it, LOVE IT! The vintage feeling and the colors you have used make it an amazing creation, so soft and delicate. Just great! Have a nice and healthy week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job tickling that paper! The image is sweet but my eye constantly goes to that wonderful but oh-so-subtle background. Wow. And sorry to hear of the tonsil ordeal. Take care of yourself and heal up first. Thanks for joining us at the MMCC this month, Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a stunning card. Simply beautiful. Hope you're having a great week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! Love the lacy flower :) beauty as always!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card, Ingrid! The lace frame is so beautiful, and so is the coloured image.
    Thanks for playing with us at MMCC challenge. Hoping to see you with us again in December!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.