Monday, 3 November 2014

Guest Designing at STAMPlorations Sketch challenge

Hello and happy Monday!

I hope you had a lovely weekend?

Today is rather special as today I get to be a Guest Designer at the fabulous STAMPlorations blog! Thank you for having me, Shery and the team! I am honoured!

Today is the start of their new bi-weekly Sketch Challenge so I hope you can all join in! Here's the lovely sketch that you need to follow:



I created a CAS card for this challenge. Well, clean and simple looking but the little tiles took some time to create! It all started with my cardstock treated with Dylusions using my Crinkle Transfer technique which was then stamped using a border stamp by Recollections...





... I adhered my cardstock onto a piece of cereal box cardboard to make it more durable. I cut out my stamped strips, cut the strips into tiles following the stamp design and triple heat embossed each tiny tile (all at once temporary glued to a strip of a washi tape secured to my craft sheet). When I was happy with the height of each tile I added a tiny amount of an ultra-fine iridescent glitter to each tile for the extra shine. These little tiles look cool, don't they?! This is a great way to make your own embellishments for your projects. The sentiment is by Avery Elle (Petals & Stems set).

Here's my finished card with some close-ups...






I hope you enjoyed today's post! Hop over to the STAMPlorations blog to get more inspiration from the oh-so talented Design Team!

Thank you for visiting!

Hugs,

Ingrid xxx

23 comments:

  1. Oh how cool ate those tiles love the sketch and congrats on the dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have made, those tiles are brilliant! Hugs, Valerie
    Is your throat better now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love making little tiles too and yours are fabulous Ingrid. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your GDT spot Ingrid! Your card is beautiful, I love how you made those wonderful tiles,, they look amazing. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful C&S make Ingrid, lovely GDT piece
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is what I call beautiful Inka,what a stunning card,loving those tiles,it's very stylish. Congrats on your GDT appearance too,well deserved 😉

    Big hugs
    Inky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GDT spot Ingrid. Your card is stunning, I love the colours and wonderful sparkle on your tiles.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning CAS Ingrid, beautiful colour on those tiles. Great take on the sketch.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tiles look fantastic, love the card you made using them.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your GDT spot, i enjoy making tiles from old boxes, they make sturdy embellishments.

    Lovely coloured tiles and a fresh looking CAS card:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Ingrid. Those little tiles look like porcelain ... so beautiful, thick and shiny. Great design and love the sentiment tab. Congrats on being the Guest Designer!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cool card! You've been very creative in making these tiles. This would be a fab way to make magnets etc. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for being our GD at STAMPlorations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning tiles - love the colours and shine. What a great idea to tape them all together to emboss and heat set them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous CAS card Ingrid and a brilliant use of that border set! Love the blended blues and greens! Congratulations on your guest design spot, they are lucky to have you! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your mosaic tiles are beautiful, Ingrid! So great to have you as GD :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Love me all that white space too. Great to have you GD at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Ingrid. These tiles are gorgeous. I love the colors. They remind me of a beautiful peacock bird. Gorgeous Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ingrid, so wonderful to have you as our guesg dssigner at STAMPlorations. Your tiles are amazing!! Beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colors, textures n dimension :) your creations are a work of art, so glad to have u as GD at STAMPLorations !

    ReplyDelete
  20. STUNNING use of the sketch! Really impressive~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Ingrid, your tiles look awesome! Fabulous embossing, love it. Great to have you as our guest designer at STAMPlorations for this sketch. Monika x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wohooo Ingrid it looks amazing like a real tile at the bath Room of five star hotel...its really adorable love your technique and the result is Wunderbar (german...in english =Wonderful) I made a card too using the sketch..hope you like to visit me back..hugs..Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! Have a great day! Ingrid xxx
p.s.: Sorry, my comments are now moderated due to some low lives posting spam on my account.